Marine Arena

It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 10:25

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 00:48 
Newcomer
Newcomer

So like I need some help. My gf whose from Iran and has been living in US for only 2 years has gone crazy ever since the ban. Not that I agree with trump, especially on the banning legal residents part, but its not like the world will end nor is it like its an anti muslim ban rather just another ban which many countries carry out all the time

Now, my concern is she makes a shitton of FB posts, writes a bunch of shit, and now she sends me audio of her crying about how she hates anyone who hates her country. She also went to protests. She also just now made a vid of her wearing a hijab and says she will always do that from now on. I can see how emotionally distraught she is but I dont know how I should handle this. She knows I love trump, but shes ok with it, she used to love him as well before the ban. But should I confront her ways of viewing this whole issue with logic and help her see things from a different perspective? Or should I just agree with her and forget that I have my own formed opinion on the matter? My main concern is to make her chill out. Ive never seen her so emotionally distraught and she almost never cried, and this has been going on ever since the ban now and only seems to get worse. People are no longer even commenting or liking her FB posts...

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 00:52 
Newcomer
Newcomer

If I recall, there was a similar ban imposed by Clinton that was much more severe sometime in the mid 90s.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 00:59 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Rageypoo wrote: If I recall, there was a similar ban imposed by Clinton that was much more severe sometime in the mid 90s.
well yeah i know all the logical arguments as to why this ban isnt a big deal and isnt anti muslim at all (except banning legal residents who have a house, job, family, assets, etc, in america)

i am more concerned with how to handle the situation with her so that she doesnt see me as a traitor and she starts feeling happy again and at same time we dont involve ourselves in delusions

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 14:39 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Simple, you break up with her. Problem solved

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 15:38 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Borrowing money and arguing politics: 2 great ways to lose friends :C

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 15:52 
Publisher
Publisher

Rageypoo wrote: If I recall, there was a similar ban imposed by Clinton that was much more severe sometime in the mid 90s.
Which one?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 20:17 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Akash wrote: Borrowing money and arguing politics: 2 great ways to lose friends :C
#1 factor is getting into a relationship/marriage

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 20:18 
Newcomer
Newcomer

everything is great again. She now loves trump. She follows David Duke. She now believes this theory that america is controlled by jews, and donald hates jews, and donald wants to make america great again by getting rid of jews while pretending hes after muslims. She thinks donald is super smart and she shares a common enemy with him so shes extremely happy and is ashamed she posted all those links on her page and deleted them all. She now laughs at all these anti ban protesters and is ashamed she was one of them.

Also her parents coming back from iran without any trouble with their green card

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 21:12 
Newcomer
Newcomer

arty is usually a great troll but i think he's losing his touch - that last post was over-the-top

either that, or I've become desensitized lol

still, solid 7/10 for this one <3

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 21:24 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yea he was funnier a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE