Marine Arena

It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 15:19

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31 Next
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 19:24 
Publisher
Publisher

Still Bullish on Trump?

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017, 02:40 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I still think he was the better choice. I don't agree with everything he's done/said but I don't think hes doing a bad job.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017, 02:56 
Publisher
Publisher

I got charts:
Attachment:
blog_kaiser_obamacare_favorable.jpg
blog_kaiser_obamacare_favorable.jpg [ 80.08 KiB | Viewed 184 times ]
Too soon, I'd say, but the snap shot is here.

Attachment:
blog_voter_id_black_hispanic_asian.jpg
blog_voter_id_black_hispanic_asian.jpg [ 48.67 KiB | Viewed 184 times ]
Research write up: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mon ... -research/

Research draft paper: http://pages.ucsd.edu/~zhajnal/page5/do ... aletal.pdf

Attachment:
blog_appalachia_coal_mining_jobs_0.jpg
blog_appalachia_coal_mining_jobs_0.jpg [ 52.83 KiB | Viewed 184 times ]
If we deregulate stream rule for coal mining, jobs are not coming back.
Attachment:
blog_coal_miners_us_1950_2016_0.jpg
blog_coal_miners_us_1950_2016_0.jpg [ 52.17 KiB | Viewed 184 times ]
This trend happened for decades. Shame that the coal miners bought into the lies that it was all Obama's fault.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017, 03:00 
Newcomer
Newcomer

New rule, you have to make 1 map contribution comment after every 10 off topic posts

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017, 11:06 
Newcomer
Newcomer

For every new regulation, 1 needs to go.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 01:28 
Newcomer
Newcomer

What's so hard about getting a photo ID for voting?

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 03:37 
Publisher
Publisher

It was unnecessary. The statistics for fraud is abysmal. Something like 80 cases per 1bn votes cast. To enforce it, spending the resources needed, is unjustifiable.

On top of that, the states asking for these have long been under suspicion of vote suppression, akin to poll taxes of Jim Crow days. There were statements made by proponents of this policy expressing it as way to marginalize Democratic voters, under the disguise of vote integrity.

By the way, H.R. Macmaster being Trump's NSA is an upgrade. I didn't know him personally, but his name came up when he was passed over for promotion and Gen. Patreus had to return from Afghanistan to sit in on a promotion board. The controversy at the time was about how the older flag officers didn't understand Macmaster's pedigree in Counter-Insurgency (COIN), hence Patreus's presence as one of 3 officers that day. Stuff of legend, really.

Let's hope this would calm the ship crew a bit. Pray that the man is allowed to serve to his fullest capacity, and not being mired by stupid stuff like Bannon's shadow NSC over there.

But the decision also reflects a poor picture of this White House. No one wants to be the 3rd choice. Worse is the fact that Mcmaster being active duty---he can't say no to the president, unlike Hayward. That's what the betting pool ppl were saying all weekend.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 05:05 
Newcomer
Newcomer

What resources? Now instead of talking to a person before the voting booth you have someone who checks an ID. Or even better yet, just have a scanner that scans the ID before you vote or even after you vote. That doesn't look unjustifiable to me.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 05:53 
Publisher
Publisher

You have to staff the DMV to fill out the requests for new ID. You also have to spent money for those free ID or else it's a poll tax according to the Supreme Court. You also force people to find their birth certificates, which was never a problem prior to this and if you go to court to justify their burden, the court will ask what evidence you have for this so-call epidemic of fraud and abuse of the voting system.

The other side will cite Trump's stupidity of claim that 2-3 million votes in Cali were fraud, without any proof, making him the worst slander of presidential history. I could go on. Would you want me to make a serious argument? I mean, just the face of the so-called problem is absurd.

And the thing is: Your side of the argument begins and ends with the desire to cleanse the votes. I use "cleanse" because it is so.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 14:47 
Newcomer
Newcomer

According to the Supreme Court a statute requiring voters to show a picture ID is constitutional. Crawford v Marion County Election Board. I think it's also been cited in cases from several other states. So if it did go to the SC it would be on the "damaged" party to show why they shouldn't have to have a picture ID, I can't think of a good reason, can you?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31 Next