Marine Arena

It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 15:20

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Our 45th President
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 06:40 
Publisher
Publisher

they're better/more tolerant than the right.
And they are taken more seriously than Trump's words? I hate to circle this back to the captain, but it seems like you placed disproportions on the left activists. How horrified were you with the JEW S-A or the sucker punches at rallies during campaign? Or are we just going on and on with one-way gawks and not getting down to the fundamentals?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 07:10 
Newcomer
Newcomer

euryleia wrote:
they're better/more tolerant than the right.
And they are taken more seriously than Trump's words? I hate to circle this back to the captain, but it seems like you placed disproportions on the left activists. How horrified were you with the JEW S-A or the sucker punches at rallies during campaign? Or are we just going on and on with one-way gawks and not getting down to the fundamentals?
lol the point isn't to make one-way gawks, although that is what happens. The point is to have some fun and point out the hypocrisy of the democrats.

The fundamental point is that the US's dichotomous political system is now used as a way to divide the people of this nation so that they fight with each other instead of fighting against the people/institutions they should be fighting against.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 07:17 
Publisher
Publisher

I hear your dichotomy. But if you split it further, you would have India or Israel or Britain and still have division. Washington might have been the least divisive person, but under him Hamilton and Jefferson did nothing but scheming and politicking against each other. My hunch is something deeper is at work; I am talking about tectonic-level depth. Coastal blues weren't built over night. Rural Red's entrenchment, same.

What you have here is not class warfare, but ethno warfare. Coastal elites? Would my public high school in America empower me against claims that I am an elite because now I sit in an Asian financial powerhouse? Why is BHO and HRC elites when their up-bringing out-humbled DJT? Is the answer to this question: "just a couple populist phrases would do?" Or it doesn't matter the class you born into, but how far you took your education?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 22:57 
Newcomer
Newcomer

You're implying that Obama or Hillary were elites, rather than puppets for the elites.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 23:03 
Publisher
Publisher

"We are all puppets, Diz [...]"

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 23:16 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Nah, we're far enough down the totem pole that we don't even register on the radar.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 13:16 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Trump brought my family together. My mom became a republican and now she watches the same news channels as her husband

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 16:03 
Publisher
Publisher

Make Arty's family great again.