Marine Arena

It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 13:40

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 17:39 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: BUMBUMS
Hi Guys

I found the ultralisk is abit to buff to counter 1st 10min or 20min.

Considering the spawn rate of lings or tankyness of warps and temples supported with an ultra who stuns , this makes it difficult to counter easily.

Since ghost cant disable stun and is also not immune to the ULTRA's stun a player with spectres or rauders are greatly disadvantaged.

A few players use the oracles to counter with supremacy but even then its hard to get the eco to have such upgrades and buy them. Since the player playing this strat is progressing so much faster he had the eco to buy vikings.

This is my view..

Let me know your thoughts guys especially those of you who enjoy the ranges units and not melee.

Deci..

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 13:33 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Ultra has some huge snowball effect predispositions. If you cannot stop it early it feeds easy a lot.
T3 heroes are always difficult to handle in the first 10min. I personaly believe that if they can be searched after 10 min that would help.
Another way would be to increase the price: that would reward better the guy killing it (sometimes a big task) and will retard the entrance of ultralisk on the field.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 17:13 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: BUMBUMS
Thanks Doc , thats a possible counter.

Or the following :

1. Increase ghost snipe damage to it OR
2. Ghost to be immune to its stun allowing it to successful snipe in an attack OR
3. Allow Ghost EMP to disable its abilities or reset its cooldown allowing ghost a fair chance to counter

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2017, 22:35 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
sorry to Necro but I'm just reading through everything, I'm sure there is a reason the community hasn't considered EMP being able to disable these abilities???? Sounds like a good idea even if its 3-5 seconds to allow an army to escape.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2017, 14:05 
Newcomer
Newcomer

it is .

tankenstein use ultra very often and when he have a good teammate , the game is over .

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2017, 18:01 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
I would insist that the problem isnt that its too strong vs good players it just has the ability to tank a lot of dmg and generate a lot of farm potential from newer players, A team with ghosts can shut it down easily but 2 good teams vs 2 bad teams farming will triumph most of the time especially if good players are X positions on map

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 17:24 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

ghost can counter it i dont know what you are talking about lol. emping it to make it not escape would be a waste of energy. just get 2 ghosts and snipe it. then proceed to kill every other elite and hero on the map.
if you are solo you can get rekt by pure army goers but solo vs team was never fair anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017, 20:39 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: 2683
Ultralisk is hard to balance imo...

A fair nerf could be slowing down his walking speed after Frenzy ( like for Hunter, the Hydralisk Merc ) so he cant run that easily away
or maybe nerf the weapon range or make a player pay 200 minerals to unlock the Juggernaut buff

against ultra I mostly get a ghost since there are mostly other heroes / elite to kill after :)

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 13:31 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

but ultra aint op -.-. if you get oracles to counter it you can just use them to farm after

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 14:33 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ultra is an absolute nuisance early game. Upgrading army attack and going for high damage merc works good in most games, but still it feeds too hard compared to how hard it is to kill imo. Some time ago I was ~3k ahead in bounty (9k vs 6k; with left team mate so no extra gas needed for 2nd ghost), with high damage goli's, double ghost with quite some attack upgrades and I was rekked by utra+warps due to the stun. Ghosts were defenseless and were killed by 2 armor / attack upgraded ultras, which afterwoods would just walk away. Agreed that ghost should be immune to stun.