Marine Arena

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 04:53

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: A different approach
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2018, 13:48 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I believe you know the answer on this and I don't want to bring this up again and again.

Its not like the current game cannot be played, so everyone is waiting on the new version to be finished.
You might say its 30 or 40 hours of work, but it is not, since everything, completly everything has been made from scratch. From upgrade scales, to counter tags to map layout to trigger editing to testing out for bugs and performance to, to, to....
The new version has nothing to do with the link you posted, new version uses the same terrain like current MA EU.
I used another terrain and shared here for feedback, but its not final.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2018, 16:15 

yeah it worked out so well with the coeditors last time after all ^_^

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2018, 05:21 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Crow wrote: yeah it worked out so well with the coeditors last time after all ^_^
Well if it didnt work out it clearly wasnt the right fit ^^ like ofc he needs one he knows and trust. but i still think one editor for a map is not enough. like whaat are we 200 ma players ? + -
and this number is going doooown, like its not growing thats for sure. and how would it sc is hella old. but having a nice map patched on weekly bases would DEF not hurt theese numbers. so all i am trying saaaay here that clearly the job is to big for one Raiden. and dont missunderstand me raiden cus this is not an attaack on u. its not its just a kontz that wants to plaaaay on patched map

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2018, 10:35 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Well, new version is making progress, many things have been added and as for the new terrain which was the main reason for creating this topic, we still don't have any comment's.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2018, 13:03 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
Gonorstrom wrote: The reason why there arent many viable strats is because there are only nerfs nowadays. When you nerf every single elite and heroes you could think "but that will still be balanced because they will all have been nerfed" but what happends instead is meele becomes super strong because elites and heroes are a waste of money.

Focus on buffing bad units to increase strat variety.

Please dont move the compound or missile turret. This makes it way too easy to defend it because people need to go in super far to put some pressure on. Pressuring the compounds over the cliff is a really big part of marine arena and this change would make that so much harder to attack it while defending it becomes a breeze without much skill needed

+1 Gustav!!!

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2018, 13:06 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Kontz wrote:
Crow wrote: yeah it worked out so well with the coeditors last time after all ^_^
Well if it didnt work out it clearly wasnt the right fit ^^ like ofc he needs one he knows and trust. but i still think one editor for a map is not enough. like whaat are we 200 ma players ? + -
and this number is going doooown, like its not growing thats for sure. and how would it sc is hella old. but having a nice map patched on weekly bases would DEF not hurt theese numbers. so all i am trying saaaay here that clearly the job is to big for one Raiden. and dont missunderstand me raiden cus this is not an attaack on u. its not its just a kontz that wants to plaaaay on patched map
+1 Would Dr not step up? or get someone with Dev experience helping? Thomulf maybe?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2018, 13:55 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Its not so simple to do that and no, judging from what happened in the past its near to impossible.

What we want is testing, this is what is lacking the most since with proper feedback things can move faster.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2018, 14:59 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Perhaps the Pre scene can host some tests on the new map????

Mgiht be a good way to do it.

Raiden, can you add a link to the loading screen to the test map and encourage players to test the new map?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2018, 18:06 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Yea sure, anyone can test it out and arrange some games, that's the reason for having the new version in public status.
This week we will push for some test games and see where do we stand in order to have it ready this month, or maximum early next month.

Loading Screen tip will not help since map links are not enabled there, otherwise would be good.