Marine Arena

It is currently 21 Jun 2018, 15:43

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 16:03 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Andriu wrote:
Kontz wrote: But yea just awfull patch really like half shit need fixing is ignored and wrong shit getting nerfed. Cant disagree with the elites. But like medi Damn son u allrdy ruined that shit just do so u cant pick up heroes or make it a buy thing. this is just getting silly

+1

+1 aswell just make em unable to lift heroes and reduce medi to 1 and everything should be fine

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 16:20 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

1 Marauder:
Reduced Attack scale > 7 out of 8 opens spec soo it is only pure logic to nerf Marauders So we can have 8 out 8 spec Damn marauders take up so much Space !...........

2 Crawlers > Why ? how often do u see crawlers just pointless

3 Roach > fine lets try it out

4 Temples Can try it but i dont think it will have the effect u wish for

5 Warp could be interresting lets try it

6 Reapers think we all can agree damage on theese things are retarded. so this nerf is def needed lets hope its enough

7 Oracle yea I dont like this change at all. i think its a big mistake

8 Motherships well we can all agree sheild is broken and need fixing. But i have feeling with theese changes great deal lag will return to the game. why not just remove this damn mothership it has given nothing but pain.

9 Siege tanks > number 2 seem wierd it really does. i think tweaking them would be a better option like all other elites u can have 3 - 4 of its just MS and tanks that has number 2. Is wierd and make no sense

10 Bc i dont believe is needed at all.

11 Raven a nerf is needed but i think u might be over doing it.

12 Mediviac > Like just remove the thing since u taken over editor the cargo hold has been reduced to what 1 / 3 of what it was . What is fine we adapted but this is just getting stupid silly . Sort out the hero pick instead or just remove the medi since the thing is getting pointless

Where is the HT Nerf ? i see the fixing crawlers and Marauders is way high prio then storm spraying hero that can slam down armies on its own but i think it deserve abit attionen to

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 16:49 
+1

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 17:04 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Medi is more of a map design and base defense issue than anything, same with raven.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 17:40 
Newcomer
Newcomer

+1 Andriu
+1 Kontz
+1 Fluffy
+1 Excal

Marauder and Crawler is definitely the wrong unit that should be nerfed.

Let´s "analyze" a premade:

Early game:
-6 out of 8 players pick spectre (But I often see 8 out of 8 players picking spectres)
-> Early zealot and ling is too weak, 2 sentries 100% shut them down
->the amount of the lings should be reduced and the unit itself should be buffed (would also fix lagg)
->I almost never saw someone playing ling in pre, and if someone opened ling he 100% lost the game
-> Since no one is using lings the +dmg on marauder against lings is totally useless
->Marauder without stim gets rekt by zealots and because of its big size spectres can engage way better
->SO IF SOMEONE OPENS MARAUDER IN PRE "he has way more work to do" to make good trades

-I agree on nerfing many elites they were op, but the most broken one the double medi and medi hero pickup is the real issue. Pls redesign the medivac, it should have rather a heal purpose then saving ht, festor, elite hero and pickup - unload insane supply.
->Well then people will complain about ghost that it kills ht or festor way too easy (in early game)---> give the emp 2-3 second cooldown so the player has time to react and perhaps save his hero

Midgame:
-There are so many mercs even marine types but currently in premades the only used units are goli,phantom,tempel,mutas and double marine spawn. Goli should be either good against ground or against air--> both is too op.

-Vry rare that someone picks crawler, destroyer, reaver, or any other type of merc,marine -> never saw someone winning a pre with roaches, lings, destroyers or any other merc, marine that was not goli,tempel, muta or double marine.
-i would love to play tychus or warpig but they can´t compete with double marine
-> remove double marinespawn and fix tychus -> might see more interesting strategies and less lagg

Lategame:
-Lategame is the part where the whole story gets sad-> I see people switching from the common midgame mercs which I mentioned to TEMPEL. They invest around 2k-2,5k minerals into a merc and the only way they can survive in lategame is by switching to tempel. Reducing the shield a bit will not solve this problem. --> Give marines or other mercs an upgrade that allowes to ignore more dmg reduction of tempel shield.

-And my favourite part the lategame ht. Currently if you don´t get ht next to tempels you pretty much gonna lose.

Conclusion:
-After 10-20 premades the game gets vry monotone, boring you always see the same units same builds and you get frustrated by imba units. And this patch is not gonna fix the real issues of the game.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 17:58 
Newcomer
Newcomer

what about reintroducing tosh and removing spectre? the old countercircle was so nice...

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 19:42 
Newcomer
Newcomer

- Problem with TZ as I said once earlier a long time ago is the hardened shields, the hardcap on the damage makes all scaling useless pretty much breaking the game. I suggest replacing it with something which more damage upgrades actually have effect against, smth like while TZ has shields it has a 90% or idk how high dmg reduction with appropriate shield amount. TZ keeps getting just shield/hp changes but that's never gonna work unless this broken concept gets changed.

- Raven I think Counter Measures is(gonna be was) one of the more unique upgrades, I don't really get the changes to that. AI manifold or the turret upgrade was insane, that should be nerfed indeed. But since the turret one was so strong I think it's hard to also balance the other upgrade since it was almost never picked in favor of the other one.
Also what does this mean?
-0.75 Less splash damage from Countermeasures Upgrade has been removed.
+25% More splash damage has been added to Countermeasures Upgrade
What gets reduced by 0.75 exactly? Cos it seems to me that the net change here is -50% but that would be weird?

- I thought it was a nice mechanic how Sentry had a percentage damage reduction, shame it became aflat damage reduction. I haven't played in a while so idk how OP they are nowadays but I would like to see a reduction in the percentage damagereduction rather than it getting changed to a flat damage reduction

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 22:05 
Newcomer
Newcomer

The medivac people disagreeing about the nerf, the warp zealots people complaing about the nerf. we all have our favorite units guys, if u have a really valid point make it otherwise accept it ;)

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2017, 01:04 
Game Developer
Game Developer

List has been updated.

These elite changes we needed cuz most of the time 1 upgrade was more used over the other, since each game is different, I wanted to give a specific role for each upgrade so the player can choose what its better depending on how his game is going.

For example, battlecruiser had almost everything in 1 upgrade, +150 hp with a defensive matrix shield and with a faster attack speed, while with new upgrades, u choose between better farm or hero resistance and that’s the reason Behemoth upgrade now have the defensive matrix shield.
As for medivac, has been redesigned by giving it a new upgrade and a heal ability (like ladder) able to support units and make a difference in big fights.

30 mercs (if you choose the tactical dropship upgrade) can still do some nice dmg and the micro is still there for those that want to ambush fights with medivac and for those that are more micro skilled, they can use x2 medivac’s and have in total 60 mercs or 120 marines.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2017, 02:57 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

It will be super sad . be like every tit having a medi running behind their army. just be like a flying support tower with out the scan. Is sad and i dont like it one bit, like medi use to be like this. and this is just another revert. like why whyyyyyyyyyyy

but yea this is just 1 one of the many concerns on ur patch list. and must admit i am abit concernd with ur changes. where your getting theese things from ? clearly not the people playing the game. i srsly doubt someone gone and said damn son theese maurders they need a nerf,
or shiiii crawlers all over the arena man them bugs are op as fuck.

soo again instead of fixing pressing issues such as bloody HT OF DOOM AND WRATH / THOR THE LIGHTING GOD OF DOOM. we do silly things again

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next