Marine Arena

It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 07:20

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 17:37 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
I Would like to see the increased minerals but only because i'm lazy! I think in realistic terms it makes sense to keep things as they are. Plata makes a great point RE scans etc

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2018, 23:12 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Ok, we will have a few open test games in order to see both options ingame and then I'm sure everyone will give a better feedback after seeing it in action.
I will prepare a test map and upload tomorrow, the test map will be public and open for test games.
First i will implement option 1 and after we will move on to option 2.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2018, 23:34 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Late answer,

But i also agree slowing the actual map wont be good. Giving more mineral for fast makes sense to have a more differentiated mode.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 23:01 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Uploaded a public test map under the name "Marine Arena EU Test", on this map, classic game speed will have 0 starting minerals and 10 minute income is 250.
Like this, the focus goes mostly on teching marines + mercs and adding heroes later for more feed or to turn the feed into your favour.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 17:15 
Newcomer
Newcomer

After 2 games yesterday based on 0 starting mineral and -250 mineral every 10 min, here is my feelings:
( I took melee on the 2 games, zealot then zerg. All other played rauders or specters)

HEre 3 observations.
- Game is much slower as it can be even difficult to morph at 10 min.

-Apparition and/or number of starting elites/heroes before 10 min are decreasing.

-Games in general looks not longer because of SD which speed up the win. Just the overall bounties at SD seems lower.

-Melee have a are slightly disadvantaged as you cant take the essential stimpack. PArticularly zergling sucks as they are much faster than marines (so your army is easily splitted without stimpack), and also without some proper upgrade you cannot even use bannelings to help you early. Zealot seems more ok but depends the flow of the game i guess. Range are more secure as you can expect at least an equal bounty trade.

-One of the major drawback imo is that any comeback is very hard in these condtions. You cannot expect a lot of money every 10 min to invest into a counter. If you lost one of your essential unit that you invested in (specially in early game) taht can kill you overall for good. you might not be able to come back. . So more mineral every 10 min give you more chance to comeback by taking an appropriate counter measure. With this mode this can be very frustrating.

So, imo i hope this mode will never be implemented, it obviously favor range unit early game and kill any chance to come back later on the game. Plus it only slow the flow of the game overall.Less elites are took early but also it is more difficult to have upgrades, so that wont help overall. If someone start to ahve abig feed early, you just wont be able to stop it

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 18:04 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Agreed with Lolo. Game progresses slloooowww with no starting minerals and melee is severely punished. I lost early game a raven; never recovered. This is not a good idea to implement.