Marine Arena

It is currently 22 Nov 2018, 10:48

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2018, 23:00 
Site Technician

Hi

So I had a few games now over the past weeks, primarily solo cause I feel that is the best way to get a feel of how balanced the game is. I did not pick marine mode beside a misclick in one game. But I had the opportunity to watch how others are playing it, and I'm not really surprised of the issues. But what I'm surprised over is how this mode was setup without any criticism of what might arise.

So here goes:

1) In one game I asked my random why he played marine only mode and why he didn't get a hero.

Reply: I'm waiting so I can get a strong merc.

2) Another game a newbie player spawn a HK in base right of me. I go side trying to fight him and he comes with 1 hk and a whole army of marines. I didn't have ghost yet but was on the way. I killed all his marines and he backed off with his hk. The fight was a great trade off for me considering all the marines I killed. He gets his 2nd hk and my ghost comes out and I cloak it and tries to get him to side again, this time I again kill all his marines but I also manage to kill both hk's and he leaves the game straight after and we're about 10 min into the game.

3) I also seen many festor and dt's coming out but all in all it's mostly none seasoned players that pick this mode. So we're talking already weak players that primarily feed both marines and heroes cause they don't have a strong army due to the lack of merc units. Rarely I have seen any teams do it but it has happened.

Do I even have to say what a mess this is creating? So instead of the focus on balancing the game you actually turn around making it even MORE unbalanced.

Why was this mode setup? Did not anyone foresee and discussed the consequences?

Has anyone in BETA even mentioned or criticised what this could cause?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2018, 01:10 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
1. Its convenient if u somehow afk/dont have the time to pick ur start merc, rather than rolling the 100% chance of getting laglings.
2. Bad players are gonna feed no matter what they play, but hey now they only feed +3s and not +4s, what a time to be alive
3. I dont think options should be more restricted than they have to be. If some veterans want to go for a challenge or if it turns out to be a decent way to branch onto roaches or stalkers, then thats cool to me

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2018, 08:30 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Well. Consider even that there was time when u can go only 3 merc instead of 4. It was far far better. Ling mara zealots. The counter circle wasnt working even before... lings only create lag..

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2018, 10:52 

Eyyo wrote: 1. Its convenient if u somehow afk/dont have the time to pick ur start merc, rather than rolling the 100% chance of getting laglings.
2. Bad players are gonna feed no matter what they play, but hey now they only feed +3s and not +4s, what a time to be alive
3. I dont think options should be more restricted than they have to be. If some veterans want to go for a challenge or if it turns out to be a decent way to branch onto roaches or stalkers, then thats cool to me
I love this guy.

They will indeed feed no matter what, and having marines as the "random" merc is better because then u can choose after 2 min or whenever you are back from getting some food or whatever.
I do agree aswell that we can't restrict everything difficult just because some noobs don't know how to play it