Marine Arena

It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 00:20

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Next Update 2.167
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 21:28 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Nvidia#2240
Lots of good things i see in this update specialy the maraiders nerf. Viking ground nerf is also welcomed. but the BC buff is scaring me. i would like to take part in a test game where these changes would have been implemented. And, this savior change, not sure its needed, like, why do you want to touch this?

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 21:37 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I think we all agree that saviour change is a bad idea. But as for the VR and maraider=Good. Phantoms like everyone else stated are good early bad late.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 21:43 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Litch#2215
Red color = bad changes or changes that literally make no sense
Green color = good changes.
Yellow = A change that tries to fix a current problem in the game but in a bad/incorrect way

"Reduced Base damage for “Incinerate Ability” from 75 to 50."
This change makes no sense. Hellions ability will only be able to farm marines and ravens already do a better job at that.

"Increased “Incinerate Splash Radius” by +33.4%"
A good change but the ability does way to little damage and will only be able to farm marines.

"Savior now ignores rally point from Command Center"
This will make the savior very bad for strategic uses like getting early farm and what Gustav mentioned above^^
A savior lifespan reduction should fix the problem like suggested from others like Maximus.

"Base health has been reduced from 350 to 300"
"Base shields has been reduced from 175 to 150"

The current problem with void rays isn't it's base health but the amount you can have attacking at the same time.

Ripwave Missiles elite upgrades now gives +0.5 Weapon Range (Ground) from +0.75.
Base Ground Weapon range has been reduced from 6.5 to 6.

What good does this change do exactly? It's not like grounded Vikings are particularly good. Changes like these are very unnecessary. Instead of focusing on nerfing elites please focus more on buffing bad elites and heroes that are never worth getting like banshee, hellions, hellbat etc.

Increased Health upgrade scale value from 17 to 25.
Increased base health from 425 to 500.
Increased Hellbat Weapon range from 1 to 2.

nice to see a bad elite getting buffed!

Upon morph to “Phantom”, base damage has been increased from 17 to 18
Upon morph to “Phantom”, Weapon attack speed is reduced from 1.65 to 1.6 (Faster Attack).
Phantoms are already good early game what they need is a scalling buff for late game like mentioned above.

Plasma Emitters Upgrade now gives +2 Ranged damage resist from +4.
Added with Kinetic Field Upgrade +10% Faster energy regeneration.
Added with Plasma Emitters Upgrade 20% faster energy regeneration.

Nice to see a bad elite getting buffed! Still don't really think that its really gonna do much. Need to test them to be sure :)

Reduced Attack Upgrade scaling from 1.75 to 1.5 per upgrade
Splash Radius has been reduced from 0.7 to 0.6
I think that was Vincent said above is pretty accurate when it comes to these changes.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 22:17 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2686
NVYclanNViDia wrote: And, this savior change, not sure its needed, like, why do you want to touch this?
We discussed a problem the savior had, it has been able to reach way too far. Sometimes it would manage to shoot units at the eliteshops etc. The point of the savior is to defend you against dying. So something had to be done about this issue.

zyptan wrote: "Reduced Base damage for “Incinerate Ability” from 75 to 50."
This change makes no sense. Hellions ability will only be able to farm marines and ravens already do a better job at that.
"Increased “Incinerate Splash Radius” by +33.4%"
A good change but the ability does way to little damage and will only be able to farm marines.
Lets see how this works out first. I would assume that the helion damage decrease was not needed either. They were completely trash before, but lets see how it goes.

zyptan wrote: "Savior now ignores rally point from Command Center"
This will make the savior very bad for strategic uses like getting early farm and what Gustav mentioned above^^
A savior lifespan reduction should fix the problem like suggested from others like Maximus.

Some deep explanation for this would be sweet. I still see the lifespan as the issue, I would imagine some teams might have some advantages with this change.
As for the early farm. As I said above, the point of the savior is not to farm.

zyptan wrote: "Base health has been reduced from 350 to 300"
"Base shields has been reduced from 175 to 150"

The current problem with void rays isn't it's base health but the amount you can have attacking at the same time.
To me the problem with Voidrays were their DPS. But lets see if this fixes the problem.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 22:39 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Litch#2215
MaxLaks (Maximus) wrote: To me the problem with Voidrays were their DPS. But lets see if this fixes the problem.

Void rays current DPS without their ability enabled is 20 and with its ability enabled its 30. Their DPS does seem to be extremely high compared to other ranged units actually. You can also have more voids attacking at the same time on top of that plus they have an armor penetration of 30% with all their compound upgrades. As an example to show how high their DPS actually is, Warps zealots are currently the units with the highest DPS in the game which is 34,29, Mutalisk at 13,14 and Wraiths at 20,50 vs ground.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 23:10 
Newcomer
Newcomer

The saviour is a problem. Imo its too buggy, sometimes reaches the moon. I would suggest removing saviour and replacing with something consistent like a Nuke, that blows up all enemys within your base. That way its consistent and does the same thing every time and everyone is aware how it works. Saviours shouldn't be reaching to the middle of tower/elite shops any way.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2018, 00:12 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Thread updated, changes on Phantoms & added Roach.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2018, 06:55 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Nice roach change and i for one like the helliom change. I think the hp buff is good but that you could buff it a bit more, maybe give it 600 hp total? It woulf still be very weak vs nixes and vikings and lots of other stuff but they wouldnt be as weak vs army anymore

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2018, 17:14 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I was afraid you would never implement the lag fix and i still am.

Also 50% of the "patches" are retarded

Crawler trash
Phantom was never weak
savior behind cc will make merc snipes even harder to counter
Void change will barely change em

90% of the mercs still trash.
Seems like you havent been listening to feedback since 50% of the changes dont fix the problem or are unasked for

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2018, 17:30 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2686
fluffy wrote: Phantom was never weak
savior behind cc will make merc snipes even harder to counter
Void change will barely change em
Phantoms were weak in lategame. Buff for them have been asked for.

Savior behind the cc, I don't know where that's coming from. I still don't see why lowering lifespan + increasing damage wouldn't work. And I will probably never get an explanation for that, other than we have tried everything, this is the best option.

Void change. I think so too. Still think damage is main concern since it's impossible to react fast enough for a human to actually do something against a compound snipe.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next