Marine Arena

It is currently 26 Jan 2020, 03:36

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2019, 02:44 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Battle.net ID: Raiden
First balance changes for November, Second bunch will follow shortly.
This update is considered more like a "Hotfix", to address several balance issues.

Mercenaries:

Firebat/DD Mercenary:
Reduced base damage for Devil Dogs from 20 to 19.
Removed the AoE Fraction + Radius values, added an “AoE Enum Area” which has 100% Splash fraction, under 0.3 Radius.
(Reasoning:Seems that the damage output is very strong, resulting in them being OP for pub games.)

Elite Mercenaries:

Oracle Elite Mercenary:
Revelation Ability no longer affects “Structures”.
“Phase Shift” ability will no longer give “+1.5 Bonus Speed” upon casting to Oracle.
(Reasoning:Teleporting to a new location doesn't need to have a move speed buff as well.)

Hellion Elite Mercenary:
Incinerate Ability will require a “Unit Target” in order to cast.
Added Weapon Upgrade Level & Damage Information for Hellion.
(Reasoning:Hellion's were able to cast their main Weapon attack ability without a target to be required. Since the ability has a cooldown, every use to it has to be on a unit.)

Reaper Elite Mercenary:
Field Commander Elite Upgrade:
Mini Reapers no longer have -100% slower attack speed, instead they deal 50% less damage based on “Reaper” main weapons.
Kill Reward for mini Reapers is reduced from 50 to 25 minerals.
(Reasoning:Buffing the Field Commander upgrade to be more balanced, and viable.)

Heroes:

Ghost Hero:
Added in “Snipe Damage Upgrade” the +0.25 bigger “EMP Radius”.
The “Increase EMP Radius” buff is removed from “Improve Abilities” Upgrade.
Added in “Improve Abilities Upgrade” a +7% energy regeneration per upgrade.
(Reasoning:Ghost hero now has the option to invest into a faster energy regeneration rate, combined with all the other buffs the upgrade gives.)

High Templar Hero:
Removed the “Khyadarin Amulet” Upgrade.
Added in “Upgrade Psi Storm Damage” a +5% energy regeneration rate per upgrade.
(Having all psi storm upgrades gives the same buff that “Khyadarin Amulet was giving”.)
Added new upgrade “Psionic Focus”.
Psionic Focus adds the following buffs:
+30 Base “Feedback Damage”, +25 Starting Energy (High Templar), +75 Maximum Energy (High Templar), +100 Maximum Energy (Archon) & Decreases Feedback Ability energy cost by -25.
Psionic Focus mineral cost is 300.
Increased the “Psi Storm” radius bonus from “Psi Storm Damage Upgrades” from +2% to +3%
Added a Ranged Weapon for High Templar hero.
High Templar's Main Weapon deal's 30 Damage, Weapon can attack target's up to 6 Range, and damage scales with +4 per upgrade.
(Reasoning:This update gives certain buffs to the High Templar Hero, making it more unique and different than infestor, by also giving the ability to the hero to counter back more energy based targets.

Infestor Hero:
Increased “Leech Ability” energy cost from 10 to 25.
(Reasoning:There's no point or reason to keep leech under such a low energy cost, leeching energy from a target will now have a higher energy impact on the infestor.)

Colossus Hero:
Decreased Cooldown for “Colossus Stun” Ability from 60 seconds to 45.
(Reasoning:Since the ability stuns only "Air Heroes & Elite Mercenaries", reducing the cooldown brings Colosssus Hero into a better defensive position.)

Phoenix Hero:
Reduced “Maximum Energy” for Phoenix from 250 to 200.
(Reasoning:Phoenix Hero acted till now as a high energy source for Infestor's Hero Leech ability. Reducing the maximum energy to balance this more.)

Nova Ultimate Hero:
Decreased Energy Regeneration rate from 1.5 to 1.25
(Energy regeneration for Nova goes to 1.5 having all the “Improve Abilities” Upgrades.
(Reasoning:Nova had higher base energy regeneration rate, making this now an "upgrade option" to choose for the player.)

Structures:

Command Center:
Increased Energy Regeneration rate by 11.5%, giving every 2 and half minutes (150 seconds) 50 energy.
(Reasoning:Energy regeneration buff to help with scans during early game.)

Radar Tower (+All Tower Morphs):
Increased Energy regeneration rate by +10%, which results in regenerating 50 energy every 1 minute.
(Reasoning:Small Buff on energy regeneration, which aim's mostly to make the tower more viable, in order to use a variety of abilities.)

Game Modes:
4 vs 4 Team order is changed, putting team’s into a “Top vs Bottom” Scenario(Team 1 + 4 vs Team 2 + 3)
(Reasoning:Corner vs Corner was tried, and while this restricts player's from camping since they are not on the same side, lets see what the "Top vs Bottom" can do.

Lurker Hero:
Removed from “Hunter Killer” the Lurker Hero Morph.
Added in “Hero Selection” The Lurker Hero, to be purchased directly without the need of Hunter Killer Hero first.
Cost for Lurker Hero is set to 400 Minerals, & 1 Gas, with a preparation time of 45 seconds for the Hero to spawn.
Every Lurker “Increase Weapon Range & Area Damage” Upgrade gives +0.5 Weapon Range.

Hero Selection Command Card:
The Hero Selection is Changed, to have more space for new heroes to be added, by keeping the hero “Tier” in the same line.
Tier 1 Heroes are placed in the top line (Phoenix – Hunter Killer – Dark Templar – Lurker Hero)
Tier 2 Heroes are placed in the middle line (Ghost – Infestor – High Templar)
Tier 3 Heroes are placed in the bottom line (Thor – Ultralisk – Colossus)
Ultimate Heroes now have their own “Command Card” under “Hero Selection” card.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2019, 14:55 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Onewaystyx
I like all the changes except the helion nerf. I see no reason for this as they're barely seeing play as is. This will completely delete them.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2019, 17:18 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 1881
Raiden,

can you please give us your reasons on nerfing hellions? There are literally only 2 players in mid-high lvl who uses them and you are nerfing them for the 2 time.

Hellions are extremly micro absorbing unit and a very fragile one. By attacking only on specific unit it will make close to imposible to play and micro vs good fenix player, vs mara players (levi owns my hellions with focus fire ez), or blink stalkers (it is hard enough now - ask biggies or crow, they love to snipe them)

Right now you have the option to attack from far behind and by doing that you hit a lot less units. Thats the exchange for safety. Now I must attack closer - hiting more units and risking a lot more to lose hellions. But it just limits the options by removing a more safe play. I will try this and comeback with feedback, but I feel that I might switch to other units/heroes and if kfir does the same - we lose this unit from competitive play.

You should examine hellions upgrades and see that incinirate upgrade is what makes them playeble. Without it hellions are unplayeble and mby you need to look in to making this range a default and try to experiment with upgrades? Like for example make an option of having 2-3 attacks (like this \_/ or smth like that) but with less dmg etc., making hellions do more dmg but have twice the cooldown etc.

I like the HT change but I still think that it needs more starting HP as GH with no upgrades shoud not kill a hero with 2 emp, with no investments at all. The argument about "upgrade hp for HT" is invalid because HT needs to invest in dmg to be worh it and if you invest in hp - you are falling behind. Succesfull emp in itself already hearts enough. Shouldnt be insta snipe from the start. It should require atleast some investment.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2019, 18:13 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Updated Changes.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2019, 18:29 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Currently, the hellion still requires a unit to fire, if a player grab's a hellion and points a location "without an enemy unit" the hellion will attack, but without firing its weapon, so that's a "blank attack".
Results in costing to the player a cooldown to wait until can fire again.
What this change brings is that every time a player wants to fire hellion's main weapon, this change makes sure that will not fire a "blank", and instead the weapon will always be used.
Please try it like this, and provide us with further feedback.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2019, 18:34 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Stardeffend#2995
So... The Devil Dogs got nerfed a bit, sadly they didnt rly got played too often, but I dont rly mind that either, cause they really can be ludacris is pubs (as a ton of things tho)

The Oracles got slightly nerfed, but the Problem never was the speed after the blink, it was always the blink itself as ability, a bit sad to see there is no change with that. Was hoping for a stasis ability instead of the blink, so you can still dodge Oralces but wont be able to escape almost every possible situation.

With the reapers, i saw the upgraded recently for the 1st time, was pretty suprised some could get more reapers - So buffing that to maybe see more viarity seems alright

The Ghost buff, like yeah i take it, even tho i dont really know why its needed - only having issues with the energy regen if i have to emp mercs of 2 teams (as opener) and that seems alright.

With the High Templar the reduced feedback and storm buff was rly needed, so +1 on that!
And you want to make a hybrid out of it? The idea is good, to set it apart from the infestor, but with 6 range and less hp than some mercs, it can easily get focused so i dont expect it to be seen. Prob more range (as long as the aa is weak) or less of spellcaster, with weaker storms (aoe, not dmg) but more hp and stronger attacks?

The changes to infestor, Colo, Nix, and Nova seem to be alright

I dont like the buffs for the cc and towers! As it is right now, if ppl play vs ghosts and festors, they have to be careful with the amount of scans they can use or be aware how much they chronoboost! We had a discussion about buffing the energy regeneration on the CC, WITH A NERF ON THE RADIUS, thats very important! With that it would mean more scans, and if you can SEE these units u have the same use from them and less units u find randomly.

And with the support tower, it always had the chronoboost requiring you to decide how much you want to chrono, scan and recall. It was an active process where players could be thinking about and deciding. You can get out of energy by just chrono boosting. But with that change it looks like you wont anymore.

So cc energy (with upgrade, for the lategame, before its not rly needed) and a nerf on the radius.
Higher energy regen on the towers - pls not, right now its something where ppl can decide what to go for and what is more important, not making useless scans gives you 2 extra chronoboosts, not having to recall 4, and thats good

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2019, 23:36 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Update is live.
Only the changes that are posted in "Change Log" topic are implemented.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2019, 16:47 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2536
armour dont scale on "Mini Reapers"

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2019, 19:05 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 1881
Raiden wrote: Currently, the hellion still requires a unit to fire, if a player grab's a hellion and points a location "without an enemy unit" the hellion will attack, but without firing its weapon, so that's a "blank attack".
Results in costing to the player a cooldown to wait until can fire again.
What this change brings is that every time a player wants to fire hellion's main weapon, this change makes sure that will not fire a "blank", and instead the weapon will always be used.
Please try it like this, and provide us with further feedback.
So I tried Hellions today and I can say that they are unusable in this way. As I understood you wanted to prevent blank fire but it never was a problem.

So basicly I had 4 huge problems:
1. It is much harder to click on a specific unit when you use a lot of apm to manuver etc.
2. Sometimes when enemy army is falling back - I try to shoot them from the back hitting couple of units. But due to the fact that hellions need to stop before firing, enemie units run wat and hellion cant shoot.
3. Close to imposible to micro. They tend to run in to enemy army because they follow a specific unit that went back (specially annoing with elites that I try to snipe)
4. By far the worst and probably gamebreaking for hellions is the fact that hellions are usually in the back of my army and when I click on a unit - hellions needs to move before it fires. But units tend to die in big fights and hellions just dont fire.

I am not sure if you will get any feedback on them from other players as I didnt see kfir for some time but as for me - in this state I am not using them at all.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2019, 21:25 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Stardeffend#2995
kruger wrote: So basicly I had 4 huge problems:
1. It is much harder to click on a specific unit when you use a lot of apm to manuver etc.
2. Sometimes when enemy army is falling back - I try to shoot them from the back hitting couple of units. But due to the fact that hellions need to stop before firing, enemie units run wat and hellion cant shoot.
3. Close to imposible to micro. They tend to run in to enemy army because they follow a specific unit that went back (specially annoing with elites that I try to snipe)
4. By far the worst and probably gamebreaking for hellions is the fact that hellions are usually in the back of my army and when I click on a unit - hellions needs to move before it fires. But units tend to die in big fights and hellions just dont fire.
Personally I dont like the design of the Helions, back in the army, moving forward for a sec, attack and go back to safety. But you got some valid points here, so +1 for that