Marine Arena

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 18:16

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question about format
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 10:41 
Newcomer
Newcomer

would it not be best to have a big tournament with all teams in it, all that wanted to play?
i know there has been bad blood between fluffy/gustav and you monte, i also know that doing a tournament with 13? 14? teams means that tournament gets longer.
as i also said in the raynor case, i think it is the best when we leave the past behind.
would it not be worth the extra effort, to have all ppl play in the tournament?

mote you said ppl signed out of spite.
i cannot talk for others, but for me that has nothing to do with spite, for me it was about supporting my mates that got cut off, nothing else.
and till now every single team has singed out once.
we had 12 sign ups, 13 even b4 it all went wrong.
it is possible to make a braket with 12 right, so cuting off 4 teams just like that doesnt seem fair to me.

@Eury
Nookie and Freetrade are both searching for a mate right?
why not team them, then we got 12 teams for the tournament, and we would probably have more, if fluffy/gustav would play.

@Gustav and Fluffy
would be nice if u sign up with your former mates

@Kontz
iam sure you still have some ppl that would try out a tournament but are to shy to sign up
lets get 16 teams, i think there are enough, are there?

Last edited by Montezuma on 27 Jan 2017, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Renamed thread

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 11:10 
Newcomer
Newcomer

First of all decisions are not based of "bad blood" . Also these thread are going in circles because clearly none of my previous responses have been read that answered all concerns as to why certain teams are in cut off right now.

Second. I stated over and over that all you had to do was find 4 more for 16, but certain individuals used that as an opportunity to troll versus recruit and actually help the community.

I posted in another thread how it will work day of tournament. You can plan all you want now BUT EVERYTHING CHANGES day of the event depending on who shows up and how many more show up.

I am planning for 8-10 + subs and if more show up then great then I can do 12 + subs in case of no show.

As for the argument that I keep hearing about do we not want more people...of course we do fbut not at the sake of safety.

like I said everything changes day of event. All this forum "drama" this is normal and there are always multiple sides leading up to the event. Some call it a "big mess" but they obviously haven't been around long enough to know this is the process of leading up to the tournament. As Diz posted in Off topic..someone will always complain and always think the host is against them.

So I am planning 8-10 + subs and if more show up then great I will try to accommodate more.

FOR THE RECORD!!!
IN PAST 7 TOURNAMENTS WE HAVE MANAGED TO FIND ROOM FOR EVERY TEAM. SO WE WILL TRY OUR BEST TO KEEP ATREAK GOING BUT IF ODD NUMBER , NOT MUCH WE CAN DO.

GET OUT THERE AND RECRUIT

PS- I already said 13 is not an option and explained why not.

Ps- I am pretty sure I stated my stance on those who wanted a clan war. None the less I will discuss with Eury.

Last edited by Montezuma on 27 Jan 2017, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Updated post

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 11:21 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Quote Monte:
"FOR THE RECORD!!!
IN PAST 7 TOURNAMENTS WE HAVE MANAGED TO FIND ROOM FOR EVERY TEAM. SO WE WILL TRY OUR BEST TO KEEP"

thank you monte i realy appreciate that, i fear there will ever be 16 teams, but we could take andrius suggestion for 12 teams, that can work right?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 11:26 
Newcomer
Newcomer

if i count Aya and myself in (and we say royal signout has never happened), it is 11 teams right now, if nookie and freetrade team it is 12.
lets say fluffy and gustav play in the teams they were supposed to b4 that incident, it would be 13 teams so enough for a 12+ right?
lets say kontz or i finds us another 2 teams maybe that we had 12 with 3 backup teams.

is that enough?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 11:30 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I already posted that 12 will be decided on day of tournament . I always do less than signednup because not a smart thing to assume every one will show up. if 12 sign up, I will plan on 8-10 BUT that does not mean that if all 12 do show up they won't play. If all 12 show up then of course I will find room but until then 9-12 are in hold. I will have brackets for 8-10 tonight and then also do a computer generated bye for 12 format.

Boombap is searching for new partner, royalking has taken himself out. Waiting on confirmation from Boombap on a sub.

As for others , i can't comment and will discuss with Eury.

I posted all this before last night as well.

Last edited by Montezuma on 27 Jan 2017, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 11:35 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Montezuma wrote: I already posted that 12 will be decided on day of tournament . I always do less than signednup because not a smart thing to assume every one will show up. if 12 sign up, I will plan on 8-10 BUT that does not mean that if all 12 do show up they won't play. If all 12 show up then of course I will find room but until then 9-12 are in hold. I will have brackets for 8-10 tonight and then also do a computer generated bye for 12 format.

Boombap is searching for new partner, royalking has taken himself out. Waiting on confirmation from Boombap on a sub.

As for others , i can't comment and will discuss with Eury.

I posted all this before last night as well.

ok, i try to get us 12+ then

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 16:23 
Publisher
Publisher

@Eury
Nookie and Freetrade are both searching for a mate right?
why not team them, then we got 12 teams for the tournament, and we would probably have more, if fluffy/gustav would play.
We tried to get them together, but couldn't. FT did not show up on bnet at the same time as me so I could not get him the message. FT also has Nookie's account number and such but again, nothing happened.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 18:13 
Publisher
Publisher

Update: FreeTrade no longer interested in the tourney.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]