It is currently 25 Feb 2020, 10:32

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2019, 00:48 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
Build Order openings

by ExCaL.

In a few posts I will write some basic solo build order openers. One element of MA which doesn’t get utilised enough is what I would call team openers. The current way of balancing premades, often people are playing with a different ally for balance nearly each premade. If people played with a more regular partner, I feel more variety in hero, elite and merc selection would be seen and subsequently games would be more interesting.

The 4 Minute meta into fast merc

Difficulty of build - Easy

Rating 10/10 - works in so many situations, is a safe choice and relatively easy to execute in both pub and premade.

Description of build:

Be at the shop and ready at 4 minutes to buy an elite of your choice - I’ll recommend the oracle elite in this build (although this build works with other elites). The reason I get so salty about people who miss this meta is, your farming window starts from the 4 minute mark and tends to fall off around 12 minute mark onwards (when people buy a hero counter (Thor) or commit to a tier 1/tier2 merc).

Build:

Around 3.30minute - be at shop
4minute mark - buy oracles
4-8minutes - spam attack upgrades
From 8minute mark onwards - start saving and do the math and bank minerals to rush your merc of your choice. No problem if you are slightly late as oracles can farm throughout game.

Additional tips:

Work on your control and use two control groups for this build. Oracles are an elite which if you control properly you shouldn’t lose any. I see many people mess up by losing and continually rebuying oracles for about 20 minutes. Oracles can give you and continual feed throughout the game but especially in the 4-12minute window.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2019, 09:36 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Sharing is Caring!
TY 3000!