Marine Arena

It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 16:53

All times are UTC

Post subject: Xmas Tourney? :-)
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 13:29 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
I probably won't be popular for suggesting this (I wasn't popular anyway so who cares:D:D), but we all tend to have a bit more time off during the festive period. Although the last one was a shitstorm of drama, those tensions seem to have gone from what I can see, so hopefully if we did one it would be better mannered.

Not sure how to make a poll but my question is simple:

-Yes/No to do it

Date wise:
Somewhere between 21Dec-31st Dec (I also think rather than getting people to vote, just use common sense and communication to agree a time and date amongst whoever is playing in this period - arguing over small things like that is a complete waste of energy and time).

Merry Christmas xx

Post subject: Re: Xmas Tourney? :-)
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 13:33 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Imo a lot of people (me included) will be gone ocer xmas and with this short of an annoucement time it will be hard to change sny plans. Id like it more if the tournament was announced 2 months in advance so everyonr can get ready and train extra hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 13:48 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I get your point but its the big build ups and "training up" for them that make them dramatic. If they are done they should be more casual and regular so people aren't worried about missing one

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 13:50 
Game Developer
Game Developer

We will look into it, yes its possible to make it happen, but First we have to discuss it.

About last tournament, well it was a good one with some really nice games, but like you said also, lets move on and make the next one even better!

Dates & Tournament host is something we need to figure it out, if we have that, the rest is easy.

If not during December because of some players going vacations, then we can arrange it early-mid Jan, but 1 date which will not work for sure is the 31st of December!

Now if most players want more time to train and find a good partner, then we have to agree into a different date like "1-2 months" away and stick to it in order to make a tournament announcement.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 14:25 
Newcomer
Newcomer

ExCaL wrote: I get your point but its the big build ups and "training up" for them that make them dramatic. If they are done they should be more casual and regular so people aren't worried about missing one

its that they arent casual that make them interesting though. otherwise they would basically just be regular premades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 14:58 
Newcomer
Newcomer

yes and no - regular premades we tend to do random or balance lobby - this would be teamed teams at least.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2017, 04:32 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I think it would be funny If we got monty to host and then we all quit on the last game and watch the rage Lel.