Marine Arena


It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 04:22

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 07:15 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer

Joined: 18 Aug 2017, 18:51
Posts: 79
Battle.net ID: Litch#2215
Gonorstrom wrote: And honestly, you're not supposed to keep the medivac at the front lines so it can get emped
It automatically almost goes to the front line when you order it to pick up injured units because the load/unload range is trash.


Top
   
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 07:26 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer

Joined: 18 Aug 2017, 18:51
Posts: 79
Battle.net ID: Litch#2215
Gonorstrom wrote: the only one ive seen to dodge emps with medivac is myself.
I wouldn't say that dodging emps are particularly skillful or hard more luck based the only reason it works is that the game lags like hell and high ping. If I had 20-60 ping and had a constant 144 fps you would never be able to dodge a single emp vs me.


Top
   
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 07:34 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer
User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 23:20
Posts: 123
Location: Denmark
Battle.net ID: 2686
zyptan wrote: ...and I cant play medivac?
zyptan wrote: I use the medivac to pick up injured units all the time I even put them back at base to heal. Never seen you ever do that.
You keep saying that you are good at the Medivac, and you even say that you are able to pick up damaged units, which I think is insane. But if you are able to do this, why do you then think it's bad? To me it seems like the reason you think the Medivac is bad, is because you haven't mastered it yet. Maybe I'm wrong.

Eyyo wrote: gustav won a pre with festor medi in a pre with following teams: chief-excal, gus-levi, kontz-demo, me-raynor
Good example, Daniel. Medivacs are used and works in tier1 premades.
  • zyptan wrote: I havent seen that premade but ht and infestor medi is generally pretty easily countered by a emp to the medi. which i think is fine because ht and infestor medi play isn't particularly hard.
    So what exacly is it you are saying? Daniel gave you an example of a high tier premade, where a Medivac won the game.

Eyyo wrote: I see the players u listed (grim, excal, chief, urself) buy dropships frequently, some the majority of their games, high level pres included.
I've the same experience.

Gonorstrom wrote: I dont think medivac + pure army works as it used to but i dont think it should either
I agree, +1.

zyptan wrote: I wouldn't say that dodging emps are particularly skillful or hard more luck based the only reason it works is that the game lags like hell and high ping.
Now you say that the reason the Medivac doesn't work, is because of lag, which is a whole other discussion and problem. If you lag all units in MA will be trash, maybe not Warp Zealots, but...

_________________
The stronger the light, the thicker the shadows fall.


Top
   
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 08:08 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer

Joined: 18 Aug 2017, 18:51
Posts: 79
Battle.net ID: Litch#2215
MaxLaks (Maximus) wrote:
zyptan wrote: ...and I cant play medivac?
zyptan wrote: I use the medivac to pick up injured units all the time I even put them back at base to heal. Never seen you ever do that.
You keep saying that you are good at the Medivac, and you even say that you are able to pick up damaged units, which I think is insane. But if you are able to do this, why do you then think it's bad? To me it seems like the reason you think the Medivac is bad, is because you haven't mastered it yet. Maybe I'm wrong.

Eyyo wrote: gustav won a pre with festor medi in a pre with following teams: chief-excal, gus-levi, kontz-demo, me-raynor
Good example, Daniel. Medivacs are used and works in tier1 premades.
  • zyptan wrote: I havent seen that premade but ht and infestor medi is generally pretty easily countered by a emp to the medi. which i think is fine because ht and infestor medi play isn't particularly hard.
    So what exacly is it you are saying? Daniel gave you an example of a high tier premade, where a Medivac won the game.

Eyyo wrote: I see the players u listed (grim, excal, chief, urself) buy dropships frequently, some the majority of their games, high level pres included.
I've the same experience.

Gonorstrom wrote: I dont think medivac + pure army works as it used to but i dont think it should either
I agree, +1.

I disagree
zyptan wrote: I wouldn't say that dodging emps are particularly skillful or hard more luck based the only reason it works is that the game lags like hell and high ping.
Now you say that the reason the Medivac doesn't work, is because of lag, which is a whole other discussion and problem. If you lag all units in MA will be trash, maybe not Warp Zealots, but...
Picking up injured units only works with tanky units like Goliath and doesn't really work vs a good player because he will just target fire your medivac down because the load/unload range get out range by units that have about 4.5-5 range.
you are pretty wrong about that.

i saw that premade and demo, eyyo and raynor played ghost terribly their ghost was consistently out of position and they never tried to emp the medivac. gustav didn't really even have to use the medivac either because the ghost was always out of position leaving their army open to get fungal by infestor. medivac didn't win that game at all. Levi's beetle all in won Gustav and Levi the game.

I Didn't say that the medivac doesn't work because of lagg at all...........


Top
   
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 08:19 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer
User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 23:20
Posts: 123
Location: Denmark
Battle.net ID: 2686
zyptan wrote: Picking up injured units only works with tanky units like Goliath and doesn't really work vs a good player because he will just target fire your medivac down because the load/unload range get out range by units that have about 4.5-5 range.
you are pretty wrong about that.
I think this is a good thing. If you was able to pick up every single damaged unit, there wouldn't be any game.

zyptan wrote: i saw that premade and demo, eyyo and raynor played ghost terribly their ghost was consistently out of position and they never tried to emp the medivac.
Now you are litterly saying that a lot of the best players are trash. Or have I got it all wrong? Otherwise it just proves my point. When people make mistakes, the Medivac punishes that.

zyptan wrote: I Didn't say that the medivac doesn't work because of lagg at all...........
Missunderstood you.


Would you like this to be Medivac Arena? With all the things you want, it would be completely broken.

_________________
The stronger the light, the thicker the shadows fall.


Top
   
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 08:30 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer

Joined: 18 Aug 2017, 18:51
Posts: 79
Battle.net ID: Litch#2215
zyptan wrote: i saw that premade and demo, eyyo and raynor played ghost terribly their ghost was consistently out of position and they never tried to emp the medivac.
Now you are litterly saying that a lot of the best players are trash. Or have I got it all wrong? Otherwise it just proves my point. When people make mistakes, the Medivac punishes that.
All i'm saying is that their ghost was consistently out of position, never said that their ghost play was trash. demo got a few thors and emped gustavs infestor a few times out of lord_cannys view. raynor killed gustav queen multiple times with Nova. What I'm saying is that if u let your army get stormed by ht or fungal by infestor while having ghost you've done a mistake if your ghost had the energy to emp it eyyo and Raynor did that a lot that game. I'm not actually sure about demo because he wasn't in cannys vision that much.


Top
   
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 09:01 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer

Joined: 18 Aug 2017, 18:51
Posts: 79
Battle.net ID: Litch#2215
You keep saying that you are good at the Medivac, and you even say that you are able to pick up damaged units, which I think is insane. But if you are able to do this, why do you then think it's bad? To me it seems like the reason you think the Medivac is bad, is because you haven't mastered it yet. Maybe I'm wrong.
If I'm bad with medivac why would I want to Increase medivacs cost to 250 and make it so that when you kill a medivac the units drop on the ground and get stunned for 1 second? both of these changes would punish a bad medivac player pretty hard.

I know that u didn't directly say that I'm bad with medivac but you are kinda implying that I am.


Top
   
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 09:24 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer
User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 23:20
Posts: 123
Location: Denmark
Battle.net ID: 2686
zyptan wrote: I know that u didn't directly say that I'm bad with medivac but you are kinda implying that I am.
I'm not saying you are bad. What I'm trying to say, is that, maybe some of the things you are talking about is not working out for you because you haven't practiced it enough, because I've seen it work out for better players in high-level premades.

_________________
The stronger the light, the thicker the shadows fall.


Top
   
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 09:38 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer
User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 23:20
Posts: 123
Location: Denmark
Battle.net ID: 2686
MaxLaks (Maximus) wrote: things
With things I mean, compound dropping, hero/elite saving, holding towers etc..

_________________
The stronger the light, the thicker the shadows fall.


Top
   
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 09:48 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer

Joined: 18 Aug 2017, 18:51
Posts: 79
Battle.net ID: Litch#2215
MaxLaks (Maximus) wrote:
zyptan wrote: I know that u didn't directly say that I'm bad with medivac but you are kinda implying that I am.
I'm not saying you are bad. What I'm trying to say, is that, maybe some of the things you are talking about is not working out for you because you haven't practiced it enough, because I've seen it work out for better players in high-level premades.
That depends a lot on what you want the medivac to be able to do. using the medivac for healing elites with the splash heal works pretty well. As for healing your actual army not really. Unless you wanna camp for several minutes waiting for the injured units that you've picked up to heal up to full hp.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Theme Created by HOLLYSMOKE
Theme updated to phpBB 3.1.3 by KamijouTouma