Marine Arena

It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 18:36

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 09:39 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

There are inconsistencies in terms of the type of units which are prioritised within a control-group. This sometimes becomes annoying when you box a bunch of units to load in a medi and want to remove the heros/elites that can be found on the last tab (dts, etc.).
For instance, rines are prioritised over phantoms aswell, which is hindering, because you only have to stim rines once whereas the stun requires to be casted more often.

I suggest to in general prioritise in the following order: hero->elite->mercenary->marine.
There are some exceptions, but to not make it too complicated I propose to overlook these since they most of the time occur between heros and elite and with the order I suggested one simple ''tab'' is enough to get to the respective elite.

Last edited by Gymshark on 02 Mar 2017, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 09:54 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

Concerning the subcategories of heros/elites: spellcasters before/over dps.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 10:17 
Newcomer
Newcomer

stalkers and crawlers and beetles should have priority over everything due to blink/burrow micro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 11:05 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

Feel free to contribute by mentioning exceptions! Vincent brought up a sentry/hk composition, but using ''tab'' once is not enough for an exception in my opinion.

I see where you are coming from; Microing the stalkers/crawlers includes that you have to box some and in case you get a hero accidentally boxed aswell, you have to use the tab key before being able to burrow/blink. On the other hand, I do not think that it is too much to avoid boxing heros/elites and if you do using the tab key!

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 16:21 

Gymshark wrote: There are inconsistencies in terms of the type of units which are prioritised within a control-group. This sometimes becomes annoying when you box a bunch of units to load in a medi and want to remove the heros/elites that can be found on the last tab (dts, etc.).
For instance, rines are prioritised over phantoms aswell, which is hindering, because you only have to stim rines once whereas the stun requires to be casted more often.

I suggest to in general prioritise in the following order: hero->elite->mercenary->marine.
There are some exceptions, but to not make it too complicated I propose to overlook these since they most of the time occur between heros and elite and with the order I suggested one simple ''tab'' is enough to get to the respective elite.
i do disagree with ur suggestion, marines should always be 1st, but elites like siegetanks (eg. u NEVER need that tank) should have lower prio than they do right now.
i would appreciate it tho, if u made a guide about hotkey use n stuff like that, cus only thanks to ur posts in this thread i found out that u can remove units from ur selection by using shift and click on the bottom menu haha, i will love to use this to have an easier time lifting the army without the hero, cus rn i always had to click the hero in the whole mass not to load it :). my point is, i played this game for some years now and even tho i am not very serious about it i would appreciate to find out about more of this kind of features and i suppose u might know some

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 17:51 
Newcomer
Newcomer

marine should never be first. atleast not if there are ANY elites or heroes at all in the group.
you dont need to micro stim. tabbing a few times or ctrl + clicking rines and then clicking T to stim gets you covered for the next 10 or 15 sec cant remember. tabbing a few times to blink stalkers is unacceptable tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE