Marine Arena

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 00:33

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2017, 16:57 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Some buffs I'd like to see:

Hunters (merc): slight splash damage increase when frenzy is on, and a slight increase on frenzy time.
Reason: I played around with them a bit yesterday and they are a OK merc but when frenzy is of they lose too units with half there stats. And even when frenzy is on they get slaughtered by mass because of there large spacing and lack of splash.

Maraider: Buff starting health
Reason:currently suppose to counter phantoms, however they do not. Do to more phantoms shooting then maraiders they tend to die quicker then they can kill phantoms. A health increase will let them be able to deal the damage they are suppose to do, and finnaly counter phantoms.

Devil Dogs: Longer stim action and increase starting health/scaling
Reason:These guys and Hunters have never seen the light. It would be really nice to see a shift in game meta and have hunters and devil dogs played more often. DD cant be used because as soon as they come out they are marshmellows. They melt to anything and everything. majority of the time stim gets you next to the enemy and then runs out so you are now fighting without any stim and your units just melt.

Kerrigan: She needs a defined role, is she a farmer? A elite or hero counterer? she needs one of her abiltys removed and then the other buffed. Either remove her high direct damage ability(used to kill heroes/elites) or remove her psyonic shockwave ability(used to farm and make money) and then buff the other that is kept. Currently she isnt good at doing either or and is just bait for nixs/nova.

Bugs: There is something that still breaks ff, i tried to ff into a kerrigan and she broke it, also a bunch of stimmed marines broke the ff. Disable marine spawn doesnt work on raynor rines (Cuz too OP obv).

Thats all i got, thanks.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2017, 16:06 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thor is very strong and every player I have talked to says its OP. Oracle use to counter them but now that can't Kill Thor and a good player always keeps a scan or obs over Thor to stop GH. Which means only counter is nix. And no 2 nixs will be able to lift before 1 gets shot down.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 17:48 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Regarding your devildog maraider things, I think the problem lies more with the phantoms than those units.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 21:20 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Valhalla wrote: Some buffs I'd like to see:

Hunters (merc): slight splash damage increase when frenzy is on, and a slight increase on frenzy time.
Reason: I played around with them a bit yesterday and they are a OK merc but when frenzy is of they lose too units with half there stats. And even when frenzy is on they get slaughtered by mass because of there large spacing and lack of splash.
Hunters splash is already very ok and if you use frenzy they are the most powered range merc on the board. I believe more they are pretty slow overall and in general I always go back when i see the frenzy on, wait it ends and then i can trap them easier because they are slow at this moment. So having a slight speed boost during frenzy could make the trick i think.

Maraider: Buff starting health
Reason:currently suppose to counter phantoms, however they do not. Do to more phantoms shooting then maraiders they tend to die quicker then they can kill phantoms. A health increase will let them be able to deal the damage they are suppose to do, and finnaly counter phantoms.
You are wrong Raiders counters pretty well phantoms due to the high splash.

Devil Dogs: Longer stim action and increase starting health/scaling
Reason:These guys and Hunters have never seen the light. It would be really nice to see a shift in game meta and have hunters and devil dogs played more often. DD cant be used because as soon as they come out they are marshmellows. They melt to anything and everything. majority of the time stim gets you next to the enemy and then runs out so you are now fighting without any stim and your units just melt.
We already increased starting health/scaling for devil dogs. The problem is more the omnipresence of specters/pahntoms on the board who rape them.

Kerrigan: She needs a defined role, is she a farmer? A elite or hero counterer? she needs one of her abiltys removed and then the other buffed. Either remove her high direct damage ability(used to kill heroes/elites) or remove her psyonic shockwave ability(used to farm and make money) and then buff the other that is kept. Currently she isnt good at doing either or and is just bait for nixs/nova.
We know you became pretty intimate with Kerrigan. So all suggestions you give about her cannot be considered!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bugs: There is something that still breaks ff, i tried to ff into a kerrigan and she broke it, also a bunch of stimmed marines broke the ff. Disable marine spawn doesnt work on raynor rines (Cuz too OP obv).
thx to have reported the bugs

Thats all i got, thanks.
Valhalla wrote:

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 14:39 
Newcomer
Newcomer

A speed buff during frenzy might be enough.

The reason so many go phantoms is because no one goes its counter (marauder) because that die so fast. Buff then and phantoms will get played less, in return devildogs will get played more and then we can tell if DD is viable or not ( I am betting not).

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017, 14:31 
Newcomer
Newcomer

maraiders are viable at the moment but i do not like that stim always takes 10% of their hp. more hp upgrades should allow for more stims used.

about devil dogs. no matter which merc i have, even if i have warplots which they should counter, i never lose a fight vs devildogs. they are just too bad. i dont know a single merc i dont beat devil dogs with

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 00:19 
Newcomer
Newcomer

We just did a pre on current map and a lot has come to light. In priority from 1st to last:

1.Lag:Once sd hit and teams switched to temples the lag wasnt playable and everyone gave up

2.Gh: starting gh didnt kill another gh with snipe, it put it in red and it lived. The gh player couldnt have had more then 1 or 2 health upgs. As it was first 10 mins.

3.Merc balance is off: Hunters are terrible early and late game, only good midd game when there damage out scales. Temples still trample late game and everyone switches to them. Dessy Counter neither goliaths or temples.

4.Hunter killers(hero): Very dissapointing using them is so bad. 4 reapers kill more then hk. Not sure what the reason for nerf on them was? Would love if raiden could enlighten as many have asked why they were nerfed.

5. Other rine spawns are terrible tried war piggies(very bad idea, dont try at home).

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 20:19 
Newcomer
Newcomer

3. Every merc which is non air just sucks lategame cos they die to marines. Reason temples are so strong is the mechanic behind hardened shields which makes them absorb quite a few more shots than any other merc.
4. I think hunters deal enough dps, it's just that their survivability is so very low. The move very slow w/o ups and spam EMP just nullifies your hunters.
5. Every marine morph aside from double spawn and raynor marines have always historically been bad and just feed.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2017, 14:49 
Newcomer
Newcomer

i used to think hks were fine, lots of dps but died super easily aswell. now they still die super easily but their dps isnt worth it anymore

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2017, 15:51 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: 2683
1.Lag:Once sd hit and teams switched to temples the lag wasnt playable and everyone gave up

MY OPINION: Sorry but I can't agree with that. It rarely laggs in SD since there are mostly less then all player playing.

2.Gh: starting gh didnt kill another gh with snipe, it put it in red and it lived. The gh player couldnt have had more then 1 or 2 health upgs. As it was first 10 mins.

MY OPINION: It seems there is really a bug! I tested it myself - an un-upgraded ghost snipe deals exactly 1213 damage to another ghost. ( not 1600 as the description says ). Its true - 2 merc upgrades are enough to survive 1 vanilla ghost snipe. ( 2 merc upgrades = 1219 ghost life )

3.Merc balance is off: Hunters are terrible early and late game, only good midd game when there damage out scales. Temples still trample late game and everyone switches to them. Dessy Counter neither goliaths or temples.

MY OPINION: TBH I rarely use Hunters. But I tested them some minutes ago to write this review and i got suprised! In a 1v1 Battle Hunter won against: Immortal, Stalker Lancer ( close ) AND crawler! And lost against Devil Dogs.
It seems to be not that weak. Maybe the 3x300 upgrades or abilities are Gamechanger in this situations but in a 1v1 on vanilla based stats those are the results.
Temple: Yes, they are really strong in lategame since their shield is a strong "tanker" for hig hupgraded marines in the back. I recommend you to use cracklings or even devil dogs. Beside that there are also other counter possibilies like Infestor or High Tempalr to kill the marines behind the temple and focus the merc after!

4.Hunter killers(hero): Very dissapointing using them is so bad. 4 reapers kill more then hk. Not sure what the reason for nerf on them was? Would love if raiden could enlighten as many have asked why they were nerfed.

MY OPINION: Sorry to say, but 4 reaper definetly do NOT counter them. With the weapon range upgrade they have the exactly same range as range upgraded hunterkiller. Since reaper mostly fight side by side the splash of hunterkiller can easily snipe them out of the army. Try it! You will see that its really hard to kill hunterkiller with reaper if they focus you.

5. Other rine spawns are terrible tried war piggies(very bad idea, dont try at home).

MY OPINION: I agree with that. I rarely use other marine spawns then the double or raynor.
But I'm also sure there will be changes soon!