Marine Arena

It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 09:11

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 22:11 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

In order to boost T2 mercs:
-change price T2/2.5 from 650/625 to 600/600.
Reasoning: T2 are the less played merc cause are they are partly the most expensive overall. Paying them in 2 steps should afford them slightly more expensive than T3(1100) but not that much.

-Ghost:
the "sniper training" upgrade gives too much benefits imo and some benefits such "EMP damage" are not fitting with the energy management.
Instead the "sniper damage" upgrade benefits only snipe and therefore his benefits is limites when you know upgrading hero damage can be most of the time more valuable
I would suggest to give EMP damage benefit to "sniper damage" upgrade instead of "sniper training" upgrade.

-Dt/ DArk archon:
-some upgrades are clearly underused like "warp blades" (+50% cooldown reduction on attack) because it is "old trash" from Thomulf 3min cd ultimate time. This upgrade gave also more attack speed, which is not the case anymore (now in central shop). So I suggest to merge "warp blades" upgrade with "cooldown" upgrade because it is exactly what it does. A more expensive price for it could be asked eventually (like 150-->200, 350-->400).
- Dark archon is the only ultimate who have no upgrade, which is not nice, specially if you invested in some while you played dt. Some benefits are clearly op with Dark archon (shield resist, shield leach), but i think Shield regeneration delay and rate, cooldown benefit and warp blade might apply on it (specially when dark archon is energy dependant).
PS: tooltip must say +10% shield resist, not 17% by "shield upgrade"

Zergling
-Zergling seems a bit weaker tahn other mercs, maybe they could have +0.5 base attack

Lancer (Stalkers):
-They dont benefit of the +0.5 shield armor/upgrade (unlike say the tooltip)
-maybe lancer should have a slightly increase base attack :+0.5

-Destroyers:
-they are slightly weaker than other units and counter moderatly goliath and temple. Give them back the +20% attack speed rate on overcharge: They could in this way counter better the temple for example.

I will give more soon i guess.

Read and discuss :)

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 23:55 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Rly nice post, dr!

T2 price reduce:
+1 :!:

Dark Archon upgrade:
+1 :!: . Its so confused when its different for ultimate heros

Zergling buff
They prob need buff in some way. Its not used often by good players

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 10:35 
Newcomer
Newcomer

kerrigan doesnt use upgrades either so that could be fixed somehow.
i like the destroyer suggestion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 12:17 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I think the only hero which use the hero ups are Queen, Nova and Archon. Odin, DA, Kerrigan do not use them.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 13:27 
Newcomer
Newcomer

i believe odin does. i might be wrong though

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 18:12 
Newcomer
Newcomer

t2 suggestion is nice aswell

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 21:19 

ok i do have to chip in on this since more people actually agree with the DA idea;
+1 on buffing t2 but lowering the price wont cut it because they simply aren't that viable right now, because they do have very viable and much used counters (craws dont scale well into late for example, and stalks get smashed by overused phantoms)
-1 on the gh change; ghost right now isn't all that viable tbh, because there are lots of cheap heroes/elites with high farming potential and/or hard to kill like thor, ht, reapers, and therefore spending money on a ghost much rather sets u back (as everyone knows i pretty much played ghost every game, but now its just not worth it anymore at all)
-1000000 on dark archon
i would write "ARE U COMPLETELY OUT OF UR MIND??!" but that would be inapropriate, so i will explain again that the DA is by FAR the strongest unit in the game and can completely decide otherwise fairly equal matches; it has no viable counterstrat which doesnt include itself (when played properly ofc), and is very cheap for its value and strength (probably the best if you do that math since the phoenix lost its attackspeeed slow field which made the nix the strongest unit for its money back then)
the DT itself is one of the strongest units in the game already and overall you have to keep in mind that going dt and not spending on its upgrades (EDIT: you dont have to spend on its upgrades because the vp will have the same extreme utility if you purchase upgrades or not (the first upgrade for 150 is really cheap so still worth spending on)-edit over)will make the DA a very cheap and game deciding option, for a dt player who is able to farm HARD with the autoattacks(in earlygame) and then over the course of the whole game will have a strong pick potential and farming potential with the VP, he is therefore able to upgrade his army and then finish off with making a DA close before sd or at sd and then pretty much outright be one of the strongest (but most likely the strongest) players on the field
so as i say since months and have oftentimes shown very well in premades (ask people...) and others shown very well in premades (ask people too :D) the DA is the STRONGEST UNIT AVAILABLE and needs a NERF because it has NO COUNTERS.

-1 on the lings; they only work if you find some tard to feed on and then give you an unfair advantage, so giving them a plain buff without reworking their gameplay wont fix them

not sure about the stalkers, if you counter them at all they lose hard, are viable in very few situations and have a very bad scaling into lategame; if not counterplayed tho, they will kill everything and decide the game very quickly if microed well, so not sure if an atkspeed buff is the way to go

-1on the dessies, they are usually not very usefull but buffs on them in the past have shown that if they get out of hand they can completely dominate the battlefield because of their high hp and armor scaling and their strong dmg output with splash, so i advise on buffing them with great care

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 22:11 
Newcomer
Newcomer

very nice post crow.

i like using 2 nixes vs DA but in a high level premade that wont work by itself as it can stun 1 nix and then the other will get emped or something. ht is also only hard to kill because of medivac so it has less survivability than festor imo since festor has burrow. (since festor can also use medivac)
reason ht and festor are so hard to kill is because their abilities are instant so they dont need to stay at the front for a long time at all.

a solution to this could be to give them much much less hp/shield but also nerf emp damage greatly so that ht and festor can still die to double emp but so that its not as fast to get enough damage to emp hks or colossi to death

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 23:00 

A Nix lift on a DA is hard to achieve vs good players, and since the hp of a nix is basically 0 compared with the hp of a DA, it will most likely die before anything happens to the DA, so in many cases the nix will be eliminated by a double emp, army dmg, thor dmg, air, goliath...basically anything, so if you cant instantly completely overpower ANY enemy approach towards a 1000?or so hp unit in lategame, where most t3 units almost have that amount of hp, then the nix wont stand a chance

i didnt say ht was op, i just meant its a much better choice for a player capable of playing both, because imo given a fair amount of attention the ht has a fair amount of counterplay options now, and much less power since the hero dmg ups dont really affect the storm dmg that much anymore, so it is in an allright place right now imo.
festor was nerfed too much, it has absolutley ZERO use anymore -fungle time reduced (on heroes and elites afaik), dmg nerfed into being completely useless, and nrg regen far too slow-so any use for it is gone and there is a unit for anything it can do that does it a 100 times better

ghost emp and ht are fine right now, need a buff for festor tho; because the way ghost plays out in lategame as a huge investment, because then, if played well, it can be a viable counter vs thor and colossi and hk, but still leave options for the enemy to play around :)

thing about DA, is not the medivac;
its the strength and range of the VP especially combined with blink or using blink defensively

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 23:34 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: 21373
My idea for the ghost upgrade "sniper training" would be to lower the cost to 175 per upgrade. That's 225 less in total and would be for example a dmg upgrade for merc or 2 reapers and etc.
Lancer's could be, if possible, scalde down a little bit. So you could fit like between 0.33-0.20 more of the unit on the same space. So that if you can fit 4 units in the same space where only 3 had space or even a bit less. Im not sure by scaling units and how much it would be affected by that. Or to give 'em a little more armor, like 0.25-0.5 more with each upgrade from the merc building.
For lings i don't have a idea what to change.
I have heard from time to time, players complaining about Temple Zealots. And they are indeed in my opinion hard to beat. For example if you have similar upped Cracklings vs. Temples, the Crackling should win cause of the counter or not? As far as i can give my opinion of it, that Crackling will only be feed. As if the Temple's would rather counter the Cracks and not the otherway around.

Hope my retarded english is readable :D And please correct me if you want :)

with kind regards, Ultimo.