Marine Arena


It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 00:17

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 00:15 
Offline
Game Developer
Game Developer
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jan 2017, 19:03
Posts: 108
I gotta say its a nice topic.

The destoroyer suggestion is already implemented on the game a few months ago, when overcharge, destro gets more attack speed, this is something i added in order to have a better counter against temple zealots.

T2 change is a good one and its going to be implemented for better cost balance!

About Dark Archon, well this ultimate hero doesn't really need any hero upgrades besides "Attack speed and hero evasion".
Its already powerful enough to deal with units and other heroes and its ready out of the box.
So if we looking for a buff on DA, i will say its better to make a "Nerf and a buff", which translates into charging something for the hero (buff) and removing/descreasing something else(nerf).


Top
   
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 00:40 
Offline
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Joined: 04 Jan 2017, 21:03
Posts: 77
Crow nice to see you again. Thx for your reply :). I would have some comment

Crow wrote: ok i do have to chip in on this since more people actually agree with the DA idea;
Looks like DA caused you bad nightmares !! :D

Crow wrote:
+1 on buffing t2 but lowering the price wont cut it because they simply aren't that viable right now, because they do have very viable and much used counters (craws dont scale well into late for example, and stalks get smashed by overused phantoms)

Good you agree. T2 are not the most viable merc at the moment because 1) 2T2 are HC by pahntoms, and 2) if i have to morph inot something at 10 min, paying 1275 vs 1100 or 800 for T3 or T1.5 will change my mind hardly, cause all now some 100 minerals matter at the beginning in order to not be behind. From my personal data T2 such as lancer or hunter scale pretty well overtime. Concerning Crawler the problem is more due to the armor in end game, it is at this moment difficult to invest in, cause that start to be very expensive and generally attack upgrade then start to overcome it, synchronyzed by hero support which makes high damages, so some armor is useless in this case.

Crow wrote: [/color]-1 on the gh change; ghost right now isn't all that viable tbh, because there are lots of cheap heroes/elites with high farming potential and/or hard to kill like thor, ht, reapers, and therefore spending money on a ghost much rather sets u back (as everyone knows i pretty much played ghost every game, but now its just not worth it anymore at all)

Ghost not viable is a kind of joke. I even heard some people complaining about EMP killing too easy heroes. As Gonor said ht or festor are only difficult to kill in premade level I guess due the ability of medivac to take them inside. This proposition is just a common sense since damage upgrade ability should go to damage upgrade ability and energy management ability in to a different upgrade. Is EMP bonus damage en energy management ability? I dont think so.

Crow wrote: [/color]
-1000000 on dark archon
Crow wrote: the DA is the STRONGEST UNIT AVAILABLE and needs a NERF because it has NO COUNTERS.
Here again I just try to use common sense. Raiden removed the upgrade synergy with archon, because I myself show him why Dark archon was so strong at a moment when he was able to have damage reduction (until -55% damage), meaning you could not kill it with nova, but not all abilities were op.
You say he has no counter, imo this is not true, Nova should shut down him ez. But ofc you have to spend 2500 at least for it, while you expect to kill an ultimate with a cheap 400 phoenix :D. You can argue archon is maybe too strong , but i am sure there are ways to balance him such as making blink an energy needed ability (EMP + lash should then work ez)


Crow wrote: -1 on the lings; they only work if you find some tard to feed on and then give you an unfair advantage,

You admit here they are not viable :lol: . I think all unit turns unfair once they got ahuge early feed.:D
Crow wrote: so giving them a plain buff without reworking their gameplay wont fix them
that can be a solution, I wait for your proposition ;).
Crow wrote: not sure about the stalkers, if you counter them at all they lose hard, are viable in very few situations and[/color] have a very bad scaling into lategame ; (this is wrong) if not counterplayed tho, they will kill everything and decide the game very quickly if microed well, so not sure if an atkspeed buff is the way to go
1) it was a slight attack buff proposition not attack speed, they alrady attack fast enough imo (fastest attack on the range merc). 2) This can be waited as pahntom were nerfed recently and the meta is not stabilized yet. People start to play less pahntom but still a lot on the field. I even see some dds again in pub :).

Crow wrote: -1on the dessies, they are usually not very usefull but buffs on them in the past have shown that if they get out of hand they can completely dominate the battlefield because of their high hp and armor scaling and their strong dmg output with splash, so i advise on buffing them with great care


Mea culpa, it looks like they ahd already what i asked :p, but just tooltip was wrong:). btw armor scaling is the same as any other unit.


Top
   
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 13:41 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer

Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 00:46
Posts: 7
Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
+1 crow

Please remove lings completely - do you guys not feel the lag with 1 ling player in the game. If you get a pub where 4 players go lings its just ridiculous.

Also, why do certain units cause way more lag than others? Levi been making reavers work in pres and they literally freeze up the game.

The lag issue has been a 3+ year complaint in MA - even new players are confused AF why with a good pc and net, MA lags. Us dinosaurs have come to accept it but is there really no solution ?


Top
   
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 15:49 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer

Joined: 04 Jan 2017, 11:04
Posts: 337
Nova doesnt shut down darchon easily at all.

_________________
Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE


Top
   
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 20:25 
Offline
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Joined: 07 Jan 2017, 21:33
Posts: 79
ExCaL wrote: +1 crow

Please remove lings completely - do you guys not feel the lag with 1 ling player in the game. If you get a pub where 4 players go lings its just ridiculous.

Also, why do certain units cause way more lag than others? Levi been making reavers work in pres and they literally freeze up the game.

The lag issue has been a 3+ year complaint in MA - even new players are confused AF why with a good pc and net, MA lags. Us dinosaurs have come to accept it but is there really no solution ?
I'm quite indeed with the most things what cause lags. But what should replace them?


Top
   
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 20:30 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer

Joined: 04 Jan 2017, 11:04
Posts: 337
crab beetles

_________________
Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Theme Created by HOLLYSMOKE
Theme updated to phpBB 3.1.3 by KamijouTouma