Marine Arena

It is currently 23 Jul 2018, 08:02

All times are UTC

Post subject: Void Prison/ Nova
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 13:22 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
Interested to see peoples opinions on VP and late game dark archon.

I have lost a couple of games recently (vs good players I may add)

who use the VP to counter ghosts and novas.

I think maybe if i was better at playing with 2x Phoenix I could handle the situation better.

I have been asking for a VP nerf for quite a long time.

Maybe a Nova buff aswell/ instead of.

The Lash time is far too long. For a cost of the gas + the 2500 minerals to make a Nova renders them almost useless. They are easily shut down by most things they are meant to counter because of the ability to escape/ prevent the lash (ghost EMP, nova EMP, Dark Archon blink, Queen burrow etc )

thoughts please?

Many thanks
Paul

Post subject: Re: Void Prison/ Nova
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 18:43 

+1 on buffing nova because she is the second hottest chick in the sc universe (after sarah)
and and and ah yes i wanted to give some less important reasons:
-the nova in pres ratio feels to be around 1% these days because double ghost is FAR more viable in every aspect, first of all if u spend the amount of money u spend on the nova on the ghost instead its gonna have far more utility, second of all, emp renders her useless, third of all, the lash is visible <-> ghost snipe isnt; 1 nova emp deals as much dmg as a gh emp -> ghost more usefull against mass hero play (who really plays single heroes anymore), furthermore nova takes longer to revive (i think), furthermore COSTS a lot more to revive, making trading her in fairly impossible, furthermore vs DA it is one of the worst options, because da can first keep dodging emps(making her unable to kill her with a lash), and vp and then blink away even after emp to dodge the finally possible lash;
-> one of the reasons DA is so strong is that nova is so weak, and nova is weak in general.

one of the buffs i would like to see is making the lash invisible, but more needs to be done

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 01:25 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Don't forget to buff Sarah also, cuz she is the hottest and the least used

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 10:42 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Agreed that Nova needs buff. At least make snipe invisible and buff EMP. I always go double ghost when needed. More EMPs available. Dirt-cheap to replace, and you can have 2 ghosts in different places. Not to mention the nasty double nuke on a base with turtles.

About ghosts: they are hard to spot (at least to me) when moving, near impossible to spot when stationary. Stationary DTs / observers still are a bit visible. I can easily see moving festor/queen when burrowed, DTs, observers, roaches, units cloaked by mothership. Playing zoomed in doesn't really help for me.
Importantly: when a ghost is at full energy uncloaked and sits in an army of marines / spectres / phantoms it is nearly invisible. It has the same size as the other units, a slightly different color, and the energy bar doesn't show anymore. Could be due to my display settings, but I've tried things like show ALL health / energy bars.
Why not make the ghost snipe visible? And increase the size of the ghost unit a bit so that you can at least see it coming when you do your best?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 21:31 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: 2683
Hmm it is hard to give an Opinion about this.
VP can easy get counterd by Novas EMP + damaging a lot the Shield so I don't really think the interaction between DA and Nova should be more positiv for Nova.
But overall I agree with you guys that Nova is compared to double ghost and phoenix a bit Weak.
The lash seem to be fine in my opinion because it is still a fast casting huge anti-hero option. Buffing the Damage would just make all other Ultimate Hero pretty worthless lategame spcific if they can't avoid a 1shot anymore. Since Nova can also Nuke it will hardcounter the enemies Ultimate heroes + giving an advtange in the Units vs Unit option.

What about really making the lash invisible and buffing some side abilities of Nova like the Stun?
Just my Opinion :)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 08:44 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: #2908
Scan (if nes) - lash - scan (prob nes since he prob blinked) - lash = dead. Works most times even on really really good DA players.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 14:58 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Imo remove nova.

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 13:27 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
Plata are you saying that the lash follow is infinite as long as you have vision? So if Da Blinks away out of range; Scanning it completes the animation and the attack regardless of range?

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2018, 11:10 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Nvidia#2240
yeah for nova yes i think, i saw lots of times where even out of range nova was able to complete the lash.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2018, 22:26 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: #2908
The only way to double lash a blinking DA is only by spamming lash. One lash direct then prob DA blinks, then fast scan and lash. I prefer to have the area scanned already to actually achieve double lash. If u take longer than 1 sec between lashes he is safe.