Marine Arena

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 18:45

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 812 Next
PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 16:29 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: aratnis#2642
Well... Honestly it looks way too OP for me. It would mean that an HT in the hands of a good player would be like impossible to kill unless he spend all his attention and all his ressources on it... And gets lucky xD

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 16:50 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2686
No it would not. First of all you could use an EMP, he dodges it, and then you use another one, energy gone. You can also kill it in the normal ways, etc. by flanking and owerwhelming his army, and then kill his HT with your units.

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 17:15 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yeah maybe the ghosts player won't go like always twice EMP and delay a bit the second one but by doing so you will impact all of the other matchups giving the HT and advantage (in my opinion) (the raven wouldn't be allowed to land any seeker missile, the battlecruiser couldn't cast any yamato, and I'm sure I miss tons of plays that would be affected aswell)

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 17:20 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2686
If the ghost player uses both EMPs with less than 0.5 sec delay, then he is so bad, that he shouldnt be able to kill the HT. Of course you can make mistakes, but its not hard to split up the EMPs. The battlecruisers could also just fire 1 cannon and another one with 1 sec delay. Ravens should not be able to kill heroes IMO.

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 18:11 
Newcomer
Newcomer

well if you put it that way... ^^

PostPosted: 17 May 2018, 10:44 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
@the topic creator: welcome to forum. Platanix is right - play the game more and you will find there are options. Totally disagree with your points on marine drops (don’t use F2 and you might have units in base) and HT (medivac micro already been suggested).

@ Gustavo- agree with most of what he says in this topic. He will also beat you Artanis in 10 out of 10 games with HT

@ Sascha, people can get fed going marines only but that’s usually due to poor gameplay from others in the game taking bad engagments plus most elites have been nerf hammered so it’s hard to get value out of many them. Gustav already corrected you on your USMA comments.

Lastly, this game is a team game. So many of these silly balance suggestions are based from a solo viewpoint and from mediocre pub play. Just imagine if your partner made a ghost to emp enemy ghosts while you did HT/festor? That’s called a strategy and has been executed really well in past by some good teams (red/raynorman, crow/ami for example). Many fun elements have already been nerfed due to comments and topics like this that blame balance for lack of skill (medivac change/ base armour buff/ nix structure attack etc).

The meta is very boring at the moment. Only few elites are viable (including in pub) and only few mercs are viable. The lag is still atrocious( crackling/ling offer nothing to the game except lag and it was suggested years ago to remove them). Banes are trolly and offer no bounty when you kill them. Many elites are nerfed so it isn’t worth getting them, therefore micro and skill is reduced. Base defence is stupid.

On the bright side. The weather has been nice lately and Platanix is sexy AF

PostPosted: 17 May 2018, 13:57 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi ExCal !

I feel quite some agressed by reading your post... But maybe it's some old rancor cause I beated you in MA. ^^

ExCaL wrote: @the topic creator: welcome to forum. Platanix is right - play the game more and you will find there are options. Totally disagree with your points on marine drops (don’t use F2 and you might have units in base) and HT (medivac micro already been suggested).

OFC platanix is right it's the most strandard standard statement you could ever say (just like, "After the rains, will comes the sun." well no kidding) (no offence @Platanix)

I didn't came here to wine about me loosing to merc marine drops. I'm not some kind of kid that wine at the first problem ok ? (I feel like no one really understand what I wanna explain about this)

I don't loose cause as you all said before I do leave troops hehind / build defences / make a planetary fortress. Thanks for all the previous tips.

My point is that it's not worth it. Not any defences you can do to defend a Merc Marine drop on you CC or merc building is worth the cost of what will invest your opponent !

And here I'll show you minerals facts ! (witch I did before but apparently you didn't read the whole 5 pages of discussion (witch I understand I was working on a summary of all we've discussed here on the differents point.)

The whole total cost of the offensive player (witch we assume will use some merc marines drops) is :

-1 scan (usually)
-300 minerals. (usually, we can always argue about the number of marines he will drop)
-And the POSSIBILITY that it could be not worth it. (cause it took too much time to destroy the building or any other crazy idea.)

for the defensive player, it will cost him :

either a PF and a photon (or any other defensive structure) 450 minerals total
OR
Latent army in the back of your base.

Neither of those solutions are woth it !!! The opponent will always have spent less money than you (even if he trys to drop inside your defences! With will be not very smart !)

And that's my point ! No one will drop you if you build thoses defences. Witch means your defences will never gets any refund ! you will just have spend money for nothing.

And the same applys for your holy (don't press "F2" ) latent army in the back of your base. they will never kill anyone and just use supply for no gains !

Means that if you defend the merc marine drops, you won't get drop and it's not worth it. (because you are not killing units with some of your army or besause you invested 450 minerals in defences that won't kill anything.)

And if you don't, you gamble the whole game on not being drop at any time. and if anyone does it's not worth it (cause you might loose your merc building) or even just loose cause he killed your CC. (quite not worth it either.)

Summary : MERC MARINES DROPS puts always the defender in a loosing position!
(last time I did it was on the ally of gornorstorm (during the second game we played I belive? ) and his ally had to upgrade 3 times his CC armor. (once again It was worth it to drops marines just cause the defender had to invset more minerals in defences that I did with the drop !

This is what I'm talking about ! I'm not looking for a way to survive the drops I know them thx.
I'm here to discussed if that's a will of the devs (tryg to reward the agressive players)
And if not, find a way so merc marines drop are used in better amazing plays than just drop at the back of the base (I don't think they were added in the game just for that. I would be quite sad if that was the objective.)

ExCaL wrote: @ Gustavo- agree with most of what he says in this topic. He will also beat you Artanis in 10 out of 10 games with HT
Did we played against one an other ? I have a very bad memory with names sorry.

I did play against Gonorstrom (I think it's who you refer as : Gustavo) we did 2 matches with him going HT, I won one and he won one... So not sure about your 10 out of 10 wins.

ExCaL wrote: Lastly, this game is a team game. So many of these silly balance suggestions are based from a solo viewpoint and from mediocre pub play. Just imagine if your partner made a ghost to emp enemy ghosts while you did HT/festor? [...]
Thanks for the pro tip about the team game. if only I knew it before... And honestly it explains a lot.

Thing is if 2 players have to invest money and attention in order to counter 1 player of the ennemy TEAM. do you think it is correct ?
Cause that's what you're telling me here.

And if any combo is that hard to play around that it asks for the 2 players to invest ressources and time to not die of it.

Looks kinda hard.

ExCaL wrote: Many fun elements have already been nerfed due to comments and topics like this that blame balance for lack of skill [...].
It's the same everywhere.
Did you ever think about create a map that is balance only if you have very elite skills ?
(this is no kidding and a true suggestion)
I see quite often some Marine Arena looby with the title "noobs only"
And it's true that the range of players are way larger in arcade than in ranked. (you can find very low level player that almost don't know how to A move, and very elite skilled players.)
And also I agree some fixes or changes have to come balance the low / very low level plays, even if there was no issue at the top level.

This is what is hard about balance a game. It's not just "remove marauders" kind of fix.
witch is why it can be helpfull to have people discussing about it.

ExCaL wrote: The meta is very boring at the moment. Only few elites are viable (including in pub) and only few mercs are viable. [...]
I found the meta interesting. (I just have some lack of fun with the double EMP on HT and infest, and the marines drops.).

ExCaL wrote: The weather has been nice lately and Platanix is sexy AF
Only positive thing you said.. Makes me wanna see platanix myself. maybe encounter him made the rest of the world way darker now. did you think about that ?

PostPosted: 17 May 2018, 14:20 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Out of 900 supply you dont need more than 100 lategame to defend rine drops. Even less earlygame. Leaving 100-150 supply behind does nothing bad against you until you are running öow on army at which point you should reinforce the main srmy with the defence forces.

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 17 May 2018, 14:40 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Gonorstrom wrote: Out of 900 supply you dont need more than 100 lategame to defend rine drops. Even less earlygame. Leaving 100-150 supply behind does nothing bad against you until you are running öow on army at which point you should reinforce the main srmy with the defence forces.
Yes I don't say that it will cost you the game. But I'm sure that the estimate money those troops could have get you over all the game is around the same amount of mineral witch is 500.

PostPosted: 17 May 2018, 15:59 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: #2908
Dear Artanis

I would like to set some things straight for my short answer didn't quite covered you as it should. The truth of the matter is that you really need a lot more games to get a somehow clear view of the map and the different game styles. Seems to me you like the short & easy walk and meanwhile turn this post to a private seminar covered with the endless use of 'if's. With that said, I think that treating a decent truthful answer of mine on your agony was so cruelly dishonored by just saying a stereotyped phrase about the weather. There is a chance that a storm may come after the rain. And it might even get worse. it might become a Blizzard. So again with more experience, answers tend to answer themselves.

During this long post, I saw lots of arguments about scans drops, possibilities, worths, solutions but I really can't make any sense on most of them. In most cases the answers are there and in some others, u just need to dig a bit more. Since u so easily concluded that the whole 6* pages weren't read I 'll jump to your summary. Mercs marines NOT always put the defender in a losing position.

I am sending you 2 pics of my self so u see how damn sexy I am. That request alone I understood. The rest made no sense on my grammar.

I wish you a good long journey ahead.

Attachments:
10212909992039380.jpg
10212909992039380.jpg [ 78.44 KiB | Viewed 84 times ]
10205848547867689.jpg
10205848547867689.jpg [ 34.66 KiB | Viewed 84 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 812 Next