Marine Arena

It is currently 27 May 2018, 19:40

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 712 Next
PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 08:55 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: aratnis#2642
MaxLaks (Maximus) wrote: I think that not only the ht is too weak. [...] I think that ALL heroes are too weak in general.

You mean all heroes are too weak against double ghost ? Or against kinda everything ?
Cause I do feel some heroes are balanced against ghost and everything else.
(for example, I feel like colossius and phoenix are well balanced. (still countered by ghost but all things needs to have a counter in order of balance.) )

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 10:51 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2686
Yes, what I tried to express, was that doubleghost are too strong against every heroes. Phoenix is an exception. I do not think that doubleghost should be able to kill colossus, with EMPs. Snipe is completely useless at this point. It's not hard to cast 4 EMPs in less than a second. Yes you need to buy 2 ghosts, which is 600 minerals + a gas, 500, = 1100. Then maybe also 3 attack ups, thats 225+250+275 which is 750. It all add ups to 1850. 2 colossus with ups is way more, plus the ghosts can nuke, and they give a lot of the minerals back when you have killed the colos.

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 11:31 
Newcomer
Newcomer

then what about reducing the number of EMP per ghost to one ? so you still have the hability to insta kill a HT or an infest (but for 1100 minerals and not just 400) and prevent the 4 EMP double ghost play.

(I'd be interested to learn why double EMP was put in the game at the first place maybe to balance a combo I haven't seen yet maybe? )

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 11:42 
Newcomer
Newcomer

No, because then you have to buy 2 Ghosts to kill 1 HT. With my suggestion you can kill a HT with 1 Ghost, the HT will be able to dodge if you are fast enough and you cant kill Collos or HKs or something like that with EMPs only. Nova would also be more used against ultimate heroes, which is her purpose.

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 13:12 
Newcomer
Newcomer

MaxLaks (Maximus) wrote: the HT will be able to dodge if you are fast enough

I have discussed about that "dodge" thing already and once again, I'll be please if you could show me how to do that. To me it is just impossible to dodge an EMP from the ghost due to the fact that it's (almost) instant (less than 0.1 sec ? ).
Only possible way is to juke it but never dodge it.

Maybe I'm too litteral in the term "dodge", but for an higher ranged aera spell instant... It does matter. once the EMP is casted there is no way of dodging anything. (or teach me ^^ I'll be very studious :smile: )

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 13:46 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Sry, you misunderstood me. I meant that the HT should have a new abillity which would make him able to become immune for a very short duration

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 14:23 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Oh yes sorry.

This way you don't have to moove away from it just like hit the hotey at the right time?

You see it like a second temporary shield (a bit like the immortal's hability? ) that will tank the damage of 1 EMP ? this way if you are speed enough you can prevent your HT from dying.

I'm not sure... But the duration of the shield will have to be damn low for player not to take advantage of it in fight with regular armys / elites (like if the ennemy trys a move click in your army so some of his mens will be able to fire at the HT or if the HT gets target by a yamato shot)

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 15:20 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes excacly, it should be way less than a second. But not only should it cancel the dmg, it should prevent the HT to get hit. That means the HT will not loose its energy too.

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 16:04 
Newcomer
Newcomer

MaxLaks (Maximus) wrote: But not only should it cancel the dmg, it should prevent the HT to get hit. That means the HT will not loose its energy too.

Just to be clear,
In a scénario where the HT gets EMP twice, you will just have to use the skill in time (like 0.5 sec before getting hit) and then one of the EMP will be "kind of" canceled ? Or both of them ?

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 16:08 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Well, it depends how fast the emps are used. If he used the EMPs very fast, the HT would be able to dodge both of them. The invulnerability time should be less than 0.5 sec i think. Think about it like thats. The abillity makes the HT "disappear" from the map, in a very short period of time. This will also make the HT unable to move in this period of time.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 712 Next