Marine Arena

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 04:23

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 12 Next
PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 09:51 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: aratnis#2642
TpkPaul wrote: If you are in a position to win vs drops it either means you had won already and had the minerals to waste, or you have out skilled your opponent by catching them off guard.

I won't make you the offense of saying that it asks no skill to drop marines, use stim and attack a building until death. (because nothing never comes out of this kind of discussion)

But I'd love to see players more trying to drop with a medivac on your mercenary compound instead of just droping rines. But I already had this discussion before. (I'll try do do a huge summary of all that Tuesday.)

I'll just go by saying that there are not many player in Marine arena that goes for more than 15 marine drop in a single game.
Crow wrote: [...] if u reach a point where u use 15 of them per game u invested 2250 minerals[...]. either you are far behind and are a retard cus u keep dropping them and it clearly isnt working or you keep getting value on ur drops and ur enemy is utterly retarded[...]
So most players won't be affected by that change.
TpkPaul wrote: It adds a great dynamic generally in the game by being able to snipe heroes and merc compounds but with great risk and reward.

I agree for the great dynamyc add to the game. we are not talking about a removal.
(I don't think you will ever see me aproove a removal of any kind (even marauders!))

And not any suggestion made about the change of drop marines merc were in order to prevent any of those plays.

Mine to prevent the drop at the very bottom of your base (limited like at the support tower of your ennemy) is still not that far from your base or merc building.
If you want to you'll still be able to drop in order to do the exact same things as before.
(especially with the suggestion of Raiden and Dr lolotor)

Crow wrote: if u cant keep units at ur compound and a planetary in lategame u deserve to lose, securing ur base is part of the game, [...]
[...]
anyone who F2's and then gets dropped i think should realize what is the issue
I know. And as expained before I have nothing against borrowed roaches sniping CC/ merc building or medivac drops on your merc building / base or mass splitted air units coming snipe a CC. (And I'm now working on 2 cloaked gohsts with attack speek upgrades coming EMP support towers + CCs and just kill them with autoattack kind of plays)(still in progress xD)
Thing is you can react to this kind of plays if you are fast and was looking for it on the mini map.

Why people drop rines ? Cause it's harder than any other similar strat to defend.
It's because when your opponent sees it, (even if he is a very high skilled player) it's because the merc marines already started shooting at the building.
They don't appear on the mini map while dropping they only appears while shooting.

(My suggestion was to delay this for like 1 sec) then if you did pay attention very closely, you could see the marines appears in your base and react still a tiny second before they start shreading any buildings.
Where raiden and Dr Lolotor suggestion don't change anything for you except that will make you choose what kind of drop player you wanna be (if you like to only play around drops).

What will you prefer to do ? Drop mercenary building / CCs ? or catch lonely heroes or mercenary?
(And I personally feel that you can still do both with like 15 drops)
As you said if you had 2250 minerals to spend in drops... Well I guess you could have won some times ago or you have already loose the game and you know it.

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 12:09 
Newcomer
Newcomer

artanis like i said before , you need some upgrades for the marines to do drop someone.

on the old days where sd didn't exist , we had a lot of drops cause of the long games.

i never drop on the first 30 minutes, cause its meaningless.

so i prefer to have this 20 or 30 minutes of drops, to have some fun.

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 12:30 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: aratnis#2642
I understand chris. And will you really use like 15 drops (2250 minerals) between the 30 minutes mark and the sudden death ?

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 12:41 

well why would we need to limit it then if noone uses them?

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 12:44 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
Crow wrote: well why the fuck would we need to limit it then if noone uses them?

+1

As I said on like page 5. This whole topic seems a waste of time to me. Massive discussion over one of the few parts of MA which is actually fine the way it is.

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 12:47 

ExCaL wrote:
Crow wrote: well why would we need to limit it then if noone uses them?

+1

As I said on like page 5. This whole topic seems a waste of time to me. Massive discussion over one of the few parts of MA which is actually fine the way it is.
+1

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 12:48 

chris wrote: artanis like i said before , you need some upgrades for the marines to do drop someone.

on the old days where sd didn't exist , we had a lot of drops cause of the long games.

i never drop on the first 30 minutes, cause its meaningless.

so i prefer to have this 20 or 30 minutes of drops, to have some fun.
+1

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 12:51 
Newcomer
Newcomer

+1 crow

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 13:42 
Newcomer
Newcomer

omg i am feeling i am in a time loop

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 14:08 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I think you mean at minimum....hehe

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 12 Next