Marine Arena

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 21:48

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2018, 11:19 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
After discussing sd times and comeback potential the subject of heroes were brought up.

I think heroes are a great part of the game and think they should be more of a staple (to the level of being equal in impact to marines and mercs). They bring a great amount of spice to the game and makes the game more interactive. However i am a bit dissatisfied with the power level of some heroes, especially the ht. Heroes adds more skill to the game and i feel like there is a red flag when no heroes except ghosts are deemed as a must pick for a team in high level pres.

In my opinion the high templar is the most difficult unit slaying hero to play in the game due to him being unable to borrow like the festor and due to being instantly punished by double emp if your ghost detection skills are insufficient (consider that in high level pres all teams typically have 2 ghosts). Thus i believe that the most difficult hero in the game should be the most rewarding one if played to perfection and is thus kept alive. Right now though colossus outshines the high templar both in killing power (might be arguable) but especially in cost efficency and survivability as well as being easier to A click, and having several seconds to react to a ghost in range.

What are your thoughts on this? I think that if you are good at the game, playing hero heavy should be strictly better than going full (temple zealots &) marines. Ghosts are in a good place but the fact that the "anti hero" hero is being ran for his nukes late game rather than running a collo or especially ht makes me question the hero roles. Ghosts outshine ht in unit killing potential (nukes in sd are must haves), survivability (takes 2 more emps to kill and has cloak) and cost efficency as well as being able to kill any other heroes in the game.

Im not necessarily asking for a ghost nerf but just saying that the hero balance is off.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2018, 11:58 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I agree with u. Then there is to say that the mana recharge is very slow... cant be that one guy that go ez hero like colo will farm more than an ht player. It must be that ht is risky but with high farm potential. Honestly it takes to much to go for a proper ht when its so ez to kill him with emp or other units..