Marine Arena

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 08:47

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ht dmg scaling
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2018, 10:55 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
I know i know, this has been brought up several times.

But really, in its current state high templar is really hard to sustain in the (very) late game. In pres where people actually split and dont just a move their mass into you, its difficult to put a storm down that traps units there for much longer than 2 seconds (2 seconds seem to be about the time it takes for the stimming rines to run back). If we follow this example 1 hero dmg up gives +2 per half second --> 8 dmg per 2 seconds. Marines get 10 hp for 1 marine health up. See the problem?
3 Hours in where 300 hp marines start running around it becomes really difficult to keep the high kill potential the ht should have, even more so when playing from behind which is where ht is supposed to shine. In my opinion heroes should get stronger and stronger as the game progresses, not peak at 60 minutes and then stop killing things entirely. Compare this to the collossus that also gets scaling from marine and merc upgrades, it will practically always be able to 1-shot marines.

As for changes i would want a +3 per hero damage per half second for the storm or simply make it scale with the marine and merc upgrades like *ever other unit in the game*.

I know Raiden is afraid of hero snowball but i dont see this being too abused for a player to get insane bounty in the first 20 minutes since the upgrades on the ht itself are typically bought first. And again, even if they do, its a ht, costs a lot of money and can be interacted with most of the time with ghosts.