Marine Arena

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 15:52

All times are UTC

Post subject: marine morphs
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 12:29 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Hey,

After many games, I am a bit bored to see that the mainly viable marine morph is double marines. A lot were complaining in this forum about the fact that tychus or whatever other morphs are bad. I dont think that they are. The reflexion must be reversed I guessed. THe double marines is just too good. They are good already early from 10 min, some tech use that, and have absolutely no equivalent in end game. If you face any other morph to double marines they just will lose over the time. I arrive to the conclusion they must be nerfed in a way or another to have the other morph more competitive and not beeing a an absolute necessity in end game.

I propose to change "double marines" to "increased spawn marines". I thought about it, marines spawn every 3sec and every 1.5 sec with "Double marines" .I think it is reasonable to have 1 marine spawning every 2 sec while you take "increased spawn marines upgrade". So you will get +67% more spawn rather than +100%. THis number is also good to keep the bounty the same among the other morph. Indeed, "Increased spawn marines" will produce overall 5 bounty every 3 sec like other morphs.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: marine morphs
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 13:00 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
Isnt that exactly what they did on mar? Anyways, i dont see you going wrong with this since double spawn is still the best on that map as well

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 15:59 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2686
Uhm, actually tychus marines are worse than normal marines. You spend 750, to get a downgrade.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 00:12 
Game Developer
Game Developer

For double spawn, another change that can take place is to increase their bounty by +1 when chosen.
Just like all the other Marine Morphs which increase bounty, double spawn is included within the Marine Morph options. 750 minerals is an amount that when upgrading early game can be very risky, but on the other hand can give a lot of income if used with good upgrades and is not being "Countered".

Both options can be tested and implement in the game the one having best results.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 14:05 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Why not simply removing?

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 14:07 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I mean. Remove double and let the player decide between tychus raynor and tosh. Maybe put another tipe of marine morph... but remove the op double spawn.u will remove some boring tatticks like the amove with meele and so...

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 19:17 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2536
And then R.I.P MA

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 22:21 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Well ma is rip in any case...

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 11:24 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Strongly against removing it, rather make it so you can have double spawn at the same time as the other marine morphs. Don't see double spawn as a marine morph but as a seperate upgrade, so you can have for example raynor marines which spawn twice as fast.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 21:49 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: HunterKiller#2315
remove double spawn marines and improve the tech marines, double spawn only supports the mindless rush stuff in my opinion.
improve the tech marines so they have each their own benefits, like tosch counters protosss shield units or tychus is effective vs stuff like zerglings or balls of air units etc.
the tech marines dont effect the game at all, i would love to have a choice to make which actually has a impact on my game and helps me with a small counter vs xxxxxx etc.

the first 30minutes everyone is full on mirco and playing with small costs and high gain but afterwards is rush rush rush, double marines, massing, 2coloburn... if you know what i mean.