Marine Arena

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 23:01

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bug or intentional?
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2019, 15:34 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Was trying kerrigan out and she's got a lot of issues (what girl doesn't am I right?) The burrow blink ability isn't like blink where if you click burrow and out of range it won't just go to the nearest spot it will just do nothing. Which is the first bug , the second is her new charge ability seems to work the exact same(not sure about this part) and is super buggy in the fact that if certain things are in the way or close at all(ramps, middle walls, tower walls) then her ability won't work and she won't charge.

Balance suggestion:
Kerrigans charge ability isn't like blink where you can see her go from a to b, she actually charges in and take damage the whole way, and she isn't exactly built like a tank. This part would be ok but unfortunately her charge range required her to be basically in the enemies army before she can charge even a little forward. Which is unfortunate because her blink back ability isnt very far, and like I said you have to click in the range of the kerrigans burrow back ability other wise it won't work. So yeah you can see how that can kill your kerrigan alone, trying to spam burrow back and nothing happens, and then it does when you click just a tiny bit away from kerrigan. But now Kerri is dead because she's only a tiny bit away from the enemies army.

Suggestiom:
1.fix Kerri's burrow range.
2.increase dash range and possibly give an armor buff when dashing
3.imcrease her main attack speed, she no longer has splash on attack and it's not even a strong main attack so she really has problems with killing enemies army.
4.THIS one is HUGE, the pygalisks for kerrigan are the right idea, but just totally pointless. I highly recommend raiden take a look at them because even they are buggy (don't attack most of the time, only have 6 damage). I say get rid of them and pull better unit for kerrigan, possible have Primal mutas or HK come out. Or can even have her summon two of her HK that were used to morph her for a limited time. In all I like the idea that kerrigan can summons units because it's super unique in MA and could be fun.

Thanks for reading, leave some feedback and let me know if the bugs I mentioned are intentional. I'm sure the dash bug is not intentional.

Post subject: Re: Bug or intentional?
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 15:53 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Has this been looked into?

Post subject: Re: Bug or intentional?
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2019, 22:22 
Game Developer
Game Developer

First one, Kerrigan's burrow ability isn't designed to be like "stalker blink".
Player must select an area within the range that is visible & the range of the ability is more than enough (12 range) to travel to an area that enemy units cannot reach.

The "Psionic Shift" ability can have something more indeed, an armor buff would be good, or a longer range to dash, but since this ability can be used both offensive and defensive, (can escape or attack), an armor buff sounds much better.

Pygalisks for sure don't have 6 dmg. They deal 50 dmg as base, and their AoE stats are 75% fraction, 1 in radius. So maybe check them again in test mode to see, because I just did. The "no attack bug" was fixed long time ago and was tested over and over to confirm that it no longer triggers. If you have experienced this bug again in a recent game, please share the replay asap and will be looked at.
HK spawn instead of pygalisks can be at least tested out first, but in case this is added, it will be with a "cooldown duration" just like pygalisks, not permanent.