Marine Arena

It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 09:07

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 10:47 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Also I would like to note that all analysis of Raiden's work from Cancan and rageypoo are partially biaised due to past issues between them.

Everytime I see a recent post of Cancan, he always complaining about Raiden. Raiden is not perfect, but i can tell you all he is spending a bunch of time on this map.

A creative work cannot be democratic, else it will just go on nowhere. Democraty does not lead always to the best solution, (trump, brexit,...).

But now if you compare what Raiden did in few months to other dev, i think the map is in good hands. He cleaned a lot of things, decreased considerably the lags.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 10:57 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Dr Lolotor wrote: but i can tell you all he is spending a bunch of time on this map.

But now if you compare what Raiden did in few months to other dev, i think the map is in good hands. He cleaned a lot of things, decreased considerably the lags.

That's what I'm challenging here, I may have bias because of how he behaved towards me on a simple matter and showed no remorse or apology, but I am trying to move beyond that by present my points with reason and critical thought.

So how much is a bunch of time?

If I look at the changelog, in contrast to what others requested vs what they request now, little has changed. After working with other devs such as relic, and consulted with vince/kontz, I can say that many of these changes are things that take relatively little time to implement but require lots of testing and reworking after the fact. So...where is the reworks? Where is the interaction with the community to get feedback needed to adjust? Why does it require months and months to do instead of days or even weeks? If you're saying he is working hard behind the scenes, is this the best of the work?

Also saying he has done something and have it be better than other devs, to me is comparing a limp to a crawl, remember thom left for well over a year no? Of course any change can be construed as "better"

I saw the same thing happen before in developers who are just not interested in developing, who see it as a side project and alienating the fans with unreasonable balances that take too long to fix, and by then if something else is broken we wait longer again. I believe if you're going to do something you should do it.

I would like to see a middle ground, but so far it feels like we are made to adjust to the pace that is given, and deal with it. It shows no give to the development side or interest in meeting of the minds. And guys, please stop bringing up things like democracy, those systems have checks and balances, this is a community that is thumbed under the whims of a developer, and the hopes that they're willing to put time into development. It's the furthest from democracy you can get.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 11:14 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

About the community we saw how good it was during tourney, hearthbreaking Monte. I think some people just spend their time in drama cause they enjoy that.
So yes dont expect RAiden listen all community.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 11:18 
Publisher
Publisher

Dr Lolotor wrote: About the communauty we saw how good it was during tourney, hearthbreaking Monte. I think some people just spend their time in drama cause they enjoy that.
I am with you. I am optimistic despite what went down in Game 3. How you guys responded to the aftermath, the positive vibe and all, was very up lifting to Monty and I.

Thank you for that. You guys made me reconsider my own memo about leaving hosting for good, and just talk politics, life and make MA videos.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 11:26 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

I never watched a ma video made by you, where can I find them?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 11:29 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Going forward for next tourney, I'd suggest a few base things to implement.

- Host needs to be clearly defined, early. There needs to be a sub host just incase anything should change for the first host.
- Any actions (such as bans) towards members from this last tournament need to be made known immediately to avoid confusion.
- Brackets need to be clearly defined, depending on sign ups either elimination or winner/loser bracket system to avoid confusion,
- Hosts/refs need to be neutral, and far removed from specific clans. This is a competitive game, affiliation can be in poor taste.
- Define the refs beforehand and define the processes for the ref accordingly (referring to blk incident)
- players must leave once they are defeated.
- Anyone other than ref/caster(s) needs to stay out of obs and watch the streams.
- Inquire the dates earlier and make players more accountable for making time for those dates.
- Remind caster/ref to take screenshots before leaving (I had a screenshot of game 1 btw)
- Current developer should be in full support once approval is made and allow hosts full control over events.

If I think of anything else I'll add it later.

(Eury: Moved it here from the Eury's Postmortem. The suggestions Ragey offered was strictly for the tourney, and not how to get from one tourney to the next.)

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 20:49 
Publisher
Publisher

Gymshark wrote: I never watched a ma video made by you, where can I find them?
Here they are: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=113

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 21:44 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Rageypoo wrote: Going forward for next tourney, I'd suggest a few base things to implement.

- Host needs to be clearly defined, early. There needs to be a sub host just incase anything should change for the first host.
- Any actions (such as bans) towards members from this last tournament need to be made known immediately to avoid confusion.
- Brackets need to be clearly defined, depending on sign ups either elimination or winner/loser bracket system to avoid confusion,
- Hosts/refs need to be neutral, and far removed from specific clans. This is a competitive game, affiliation can be in poor taste.
- Define the refs beforehand and define the processes for the ref accordingly (referring to blk incident)
- players must leave once they are defeated.
- Anyone other than ref/caster(s) needs to stay out of obs and watch the streams.
- Inquire the dates earlier and make players more accountable for making time for those dates.
- Remind caster/ref to take screenshots before leaving (I had a screenshot of game 1 btw)
- Current developer should be in full support once approval is made and allow hosts full control over events.

If I think of anything else I'll add it later.
+1 to that list. Some very good points!

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2017, 15:45 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks. Some of these points are ones already put in the rules but they didn't seem to get followed, so they needed to be mentioned again, which is unfortunate.