Marine Arena

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 06:11

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 19:14 
Newcomer
Newcomer

u couldnt co cast because a lot of people dont trust you to be unpartial. did people say the same about raiden?

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 19:37 
Publisher
Publisher

did raiden co-cast?

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 19:59 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I get that people don't trust me, therefore I also did not do it.... So please don't hold that against me, since I respected the wishes of other people....

As for the reason I brought it up, was because it was mentioned (and proof is on ragey's stream in game chat) That I could not take part of it because (literal quote): "He played tourney"

Im just questioning the double standard here...

In my opinion he had nothing to do there, no value whatsoever.... He was no ref, no streamer, no caster...

If he wanted proof that MA is broken he could have watched any of the replays posted here on the forum and he would have seen reapers, ht, temples, goliaths, medi and more ht.... ^^

So did he get privilege cuz he is dev? Cuz if thats the case, its a fine explanation.... But a reasoning behind this status quo is all I'm asking for

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017, 22:05 
Publisher
Publisher

CanCan wrote: I get that people don't trust me, therefore I also did not do it.... So please don't hold that against me, since I respected the wishes of other people....

As for the reason I brought it up, was because it was mentioned (and proof is on ragey's stream in game chat) That I could not take part of it because (literal quote): "He played tourney"

Im just questioning the double standard here...

In my opinion he had nothing to do there, no value whatsoever.... He was no ref, no streamer, no caster...

If he wanted proof that MA is broken he could have watched any of the replays posted here on the forum and he would have seen reapers, ht, temples, goliaths, medi and more ht.... ^^

So did he get privilege cuz he is dev? Cuz if thats the case, its a fine explanation.... But a reasoning behind this status quo is all I'm asking for
Here were some of the notes I kept during this match.

I asked if Cancan could be in. Monty saw no problem but reminded me to side with the players since that's the reason we have tourneys in the first place. I took that instruction and asked the players in that game privately if they have any objections to cancan being in there. Some did. And for that alone, I have to respect their decision. Games are there to serve the players first, and spectators after. This decision came from me.

The question of double standard is understandable when it came to Raiden's presence. But he was a substitute when we needed the most. He would rather play with Emilio and would have been more competitive if this was the case.

But the reason why we allowed Raiden in there as the same reason why I brought Crayon to the US-1 finale. Devs simply get higher priority when we decide who gets in. Monty also wanted to Raiden to see how people actually play the game, but as Cancan said, Raiden can do that via replay.

Here, my answer is the same: Raiden deserves a seat because this map came together with all of his hard work. If Cancan was map dev and not Raiden, I would accommodate Cancan instead. When the lag came, I was the first to go, by choice, knowing that Raiden would be the true person to leave. I left, as a ref, because I wanted to accommodate Raiden with maximum effort. Monty didn't object. He felt he could manage the rest of the match by himself. So i left. But the lag continued, so Raiden was next to leave.

The players, in the end, were the ones we served.