Marine Arena

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 22:22

All times are UTC

Post subject: EU7 Success and Feedback
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 10:17 
Hi. First of all congrats to all finalists. Some great teams in there so should be a good final...entertain us. I have some feedback from this event which I think has been a big success:

Positives:

ACTIVITY - when did we have 4 pres going on at same time? An active online channel, new players participating. Great

HOSTs - big thanks to the hosts, referees and casters. I'd like to particularly mention MONTE AND EURY. Without your work and enforcement of rules this tourney would for sure never happen. I thank you for staying strong during moments of extreme bm, staying consistent and organising it all. I hope it hasn't been too stressful and hope you will consider hosting future events.

RAIDEN- to sit back amongst some real chaos on forum at 1 point. Well done for letting the hosts dealing with it and your updates to the tourney map. You got enough on your plate and yesterday to me seemed to run really smooth.

SUBS - to run any tournament, it will take several hours. Having subs available that could step in was great. They use this in zealot hockey too and call them "free agents". Seemed to work well with keeping tourney going.

MAWIN - the clan tension certainly heated up in the build up to this tourney. Healthy competition is good, but this got quite unsavoury with insults flying towards our clan and the tournament hosts. Ami kicked 3 big offenders from his clan and all I can say is RESPECT. You made me love you even more and I feel it was a real step to get some harmony in community. Raynor Vincent and fluffy should learn from this and take a good look at themselves.

NEGATIVES

FORMAT - to get 16 teams was great. But I feel a bo1 round 1 format would have been better with the top 2 progressing with the same method in a semi final. Reasoning: time wise should be similar. the games had a feeling of stronger teams pressuring some less experienced players hard and then only fighting each other in SD.

BALANCE - I think tournaments like this give a clear indication of the balance that needs to be looked at. This should be great for the editor and beta tests and id recommend in beta section we discuss these matches. For example many mercs were not used and many units were brokenly abused (HT, MS, reapers). I'm sure Raiden is already in to this and in a way it's a positive to get this feedback.

CHEATING - id like to give again a special mention to MONTE, for taking NO SHIT in the build up but also to NUKULAR. It was great to see old faces come back as casters and nuku made a call to stop game 3 in bracket 4. This left me with a sour taste and I hope he didnt act like a slime in games 1 and 2. The player in question was BLK. I would like the committee to review this and ban the player. In addition, as one committee member has said to me "I think it is clear what side I'll be on" (with reference to a previous vote), I encourage you to act neutral, review this cheating and take action.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 10:23 
Newcomer
Newcomer

+

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 10:34 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank You for your post. As you know we take very all concerns very seriously and don't take action until we have no shadow of doubt, sometimes its liked by the majority and sometimes its not. We dont care about what others think of our actions and in our eyes as long as we remain neutral and fair as possible, we can live with the outcome. Our goal has always been to host and provide the community with the upmost respectful tournament in regards to transparency and openness. We always will try to answer any concerns and are available via forum/skype/etc.

With that said, we know that there are always 2 sides of an argument and some like our decisions and some don't but know that we always do our best; therefore don't take any actions that we take as personal or "anti" anyone.

At the end of the finals I will post my "Post Mortem" report and I believe Eury will do one as well. We have done this in previous tournaments as well in which we explain what worked/what didnt/ message to the community and basically telling it how it is in regards to conflicts.

We appreciate all for helping out today and individuals such as yourself Excal for helping us find subs.

Hope to see you all tomorrow and end on a high note.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 10:36 
Great job and thanks for your time. You have for sure found some good in this community and hope you continue to help us in the future.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 10:46 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Quote Excal:
when did we have 4 pres going on at same time? An active online channel, new players participating. Great

i was realy suprised to see so many ppl participate in the tournament, seeing the activity spike like that again gave me hope for the future of MA

Quote Excal:
Raynor Vincent and fluffy should learn from this and take a good look at themselves.

Your way of talking about others uses no bad words, but it has a very disrespectfull and insulting tone in it. If you realy care about the community as you say, than maybe try to stop your inside raging hate towards other ppl of the community.
Furthermore raynor has done absolutely nothing but passivly get banned.
Even tho fluffy can rage realy bad sometimes, we all know that, he also kept out of all the trouble until he got banked from the tournament.
The ones who took action for our mates been crow and me.
So we are "should learn" to take a good look at ourselfs? We did try the best we could, to support our mates. I would do the very same any day at any time!!

I do not let my mates down, no matter what, unlike you....
I was in OoE for 1 and a half year, until you backstabed and kicked me from it.
You introduced me to premades and to the community, i still cant belive that i ever counted you to such as a mate....
You are so much fokused on what other ppl do wrong that you completely deny you ever did smth wrong yourself...

PS: A big thank you to everybody who put his time and effort into this tournament to get it running !

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 10:54 
@fluffy. I like the guy and we get on just fine. But no1 can deny he got a bit raged on forum and at monte.

With regard to raynor, you guys chose to insult rather than respect the decision of the hosts. And despite all this, he is playing with you on an alternative account and you openly lie about it

@yourself. Backstabbing. I see. You back stabbed grim due to some rage during a premade with that old forum post. And do you think it's a surprise your kicked from MAWIN too. Did they backstab you too? Such a shame. Oh dear Vincent you have a short memory and such a hypocrite. And I agree I make mistakes. My biggest was introducing you to premades and this community, as well as continuing to support you during your terrible moments. I've had enough of it and so has ami.

P.s. This topic is a positive feedback topic please don't turn this into a drama post with your toxic behaviour. (I request mods to remove posts that derail this thread)

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:05 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

hypocrisy is your favorite strategy, right Excal ?
I am sure Monty and Eury are not that dumb as u think. Brownosing won't help in this situation.

Monty and Eury you have to stay neutral and don't take sides because u dont't like somone or because someone was being too "nice" with you for a reason. Ofc when someone kissing your ass a lot, it can give you pleasure and make your ass snine and clean. Please do not believe the hype.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:12 
Just like BLK. Nice and clean feed cheating. I get that you standup for your mates. Just why do you have to make so much drama through bm and cheating?

I realise I am ultimately arguing with kids which I why I get nowhere presenting logic and facts.

Last edited by ExCaL on 29 Jan 2017, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:14 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Haven't taken part in the tourney but seeing 4 pres at one time is amazing!
let's keep this up and organize another tourney later this year!

PS Eury & Monte join us for some pres sometimes and hope you can organize a tourney for us in the future too! ;)

PPS let's keep the drama out of this post

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:15 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

I still had no time to watch that replay with BLK.
What did he do ?