Marine Arena

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 23:06

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:15 
Andriu wrote: Haven't taken part in the tourney but seeing 4 pres at one time is amazing!
let's keep this up and organize another tourney later this year!

PS Eury & Monte join us for some pres sometimes and hope you can organize a tourney for us in the future too! ;)

PPS let's keep the drama out of this post
+1

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:18 
Aya wrote: I still had no time to watch that replay with BLK.
What did he do ?
Nuku spotted him walking 0-0 raynors into a team from 10min mark to 19min mark

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:23 
Newcomer
Newcomer

ENOUGH!!

I prefer to not lock this thread so take it off forum and play a game of MA to settle things. Off Topic is also an option but I prefer for you guys to go off forum for it.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:24 
Newcomer
Newcomer

just look like you answered my post excal,
i try to voice that we should leave our hate aside any try to get the community together and you answer with this:

(Warning: some hate here.)
[+] Click to see more
Quote Excal:
Oh dear Vincent you have a short memory and such a hypocrite. And I agree I make mistakes. My biggest was introducing you to premades and this community, as well as continuing to support you during your terrible moments.

P.s. This topic is a positive feedback topic please don't turn this into a drama post with your toxic behaviour.

my post beared no hate only sadness, and you respond me, that your bigest mistake was introducing me to this comunity.
then you also accuse me been toxic, excal realy who is the hyproctie here? just look at what your posting.

@Raiden
Has excal not agreed to respect other ppl when he joined the beta group?
Can what he does here be called respecting ppl, like at all??

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:25 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Montezuma wrote: ENOUGH!!
iam sorry monte that this post went into that direction, but you saw how excal responded to this

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 11:25 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would have some comments and conclusions about the tourneys and the tactics/units i could saw.

1) Starting mercs should be revised. +95% people took specter. In fact this unit dont need upgrades to be good, so it is the best choice to start with cause you can switch ez to anything. It is so good that people play it until 30-40 min. They can handle ez lings, pawn zealot and makes most of the time better than marauder, when marauder needs the stimpack (250 minerals) to be effective. Also it is the best starting merc with medi vac cause of its small size making high dps.

2) Medivac and raven were over-used giving a clear early map control. USe of one/both of them reduce to zero the physical aspect of the hill. The fights on central area were very limited then.
My think is manifold upgrade for raven is far too much unbalanced as it gives a nice boost for turrets but also increasing energy regeneration allows the increasing use of seekers. I was surprised none use the countermesure upgrade, specially in end game, i used it time to time and it could have been a clear counter for the gym's insane ht or nova lash (drones gives then stackable 70% damage reduction to spell damages).
Some change to the medivac should be done (I agree with demien on this one)

3) Ht looks to be the most powerfull spell caster, was overused, this is due to the high scaling damage of the storm. It has been nerfed a little bit, but looks like the hero damage upgrade scaling should be reduced again.

4) I Also think the merc choice used was very narrowed but this is more due to the meta where the medivac is omnipotent. Golis, specter/phantom are the best merc choice with medivac. besides temple good with in end game. Mutas also was very often used cause they pawn hard everything excepted goliath.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 11:31 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

The damage does not scale and the hero attack upgrades are not worth getting, so that I got the storm ups themselfs, which makes the HT an valueable investment (2000 bounty), so I really have to keep it alive, otherwise stronger mercs destroy me! High risk->High reward!

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 18:42 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes good work everybody!

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 19:51 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Dr Lolotor wrote: I would have some comments and conclusions about the tourneys and the tactics/units i could saw.

1) Starting mercs should be revised. +95% people took specter. In fact this unit dont need upgrades to be good, so it is the best choice to start with cause you can switch ez to anything. It is so good that people play it until 30-40 min. They can handle ez lings, pawn zealot and makes most of the time better than marauder, when marauder needs the stimpack (250 minerals) to be effective. Also it is the best starting merc with medi vac cause of its small size making high dps.

2) Medivac and raven were over-used giving a clear early map control. USe of one/both of them reduce to zero the physical aspect of the hill. The fights on central area were very limited then.
My think is manifold upgrade for raven is far too much unbalanced as it gives a nice boost for turrets but also increasing energy regeneration allows the increasing use of seekers. I was surprised none use the countermesure upgrade, specially in end game, i used it time to time and it could have been a clear counter for the gym's insane ht or nova lash (drones gives then stackable 70% damage reduction to spell damages).
Some change to the medivac should be done (I agree with demien on this one)

3) Ht looks to be the most powerfull spell caster, was overused, this is due to the high scaling damage of the storm. It has been nerfed a little bit, but looks like the hero damage upgrade scaling should be reduced again.

4) I Also think the merc choice used was very narrowed but this is more due to the meta where the medivac is omnipotent. Golis, specter/phantom are the best merc choice with medivac. besides temple good with in end game. Mutas also was very often used cause they pawn hard everything excepted goliath.

very good explained dr lolotor , that are exactly my thoughts +1000

and can someone tell me how many saviors we had on this tourney per player?

cause i saw the final, (i didnt have much time to watch the other replays) and the fights whose on the cliffs the most time and not on the middle.

my point is ,if they had 1 sav per player, they played to carefull and thats was not fun to watch.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017, 07:20 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

We in fact had two saviors.