Marine Arena

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 07:10

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: EU-7 Postmortem
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 12:07 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi there :D

First, I'd like to say thanks for letting me help cast, even though day 1 sounded like I was vacuuming inside a factory. I don't get to cast often and it was tons of fun ^^. Lots of love to Nuku, Loki, and Ragey - great casters, funny guys, and great friends <3

Sorry to Ragey as well - I know he wanted to stream the final and I realize he is the best caster out of all of us. But as Nuku had already demonstrated on day 1, he could stream with spectators/delay and no lag (EU server OP), so I thought it best to propose switching the stream for game 2. Ragey accepted graciously and I thank him for that <3

While I have played in a few MA tourneys myself and watched many more, this is the first time I've had a behind-the-scenes perspective. Everyone in the committee worked hard to make this possible, especially Monty who truly gave everything he had.

It's natural to want to blame the host when things don't go your way, but please remember to be respectful - they aren't ever trying to screw anyone over and they want everything to be as fair as possible. People are more likely to listen if you calmly express your ideas, rather than starting with "omg that's so retarded" and using profanity every 3 words. Tournaments are formal and organized, so everyone's speech and tone needs to reflect that :C

I remember the discussion we had on Skype about game 3 of the final, realizing that there was no way to make everyone happy. I made some comment on stream about Monty missing a birthday party, but it was much more than that. Monty raged like I have never seen him rage before - as Eury said, it pretty much broke his heart - and I felt sorry for him. If you saw what he said, you would too :C

Finally, I'd like to thank the community as a whole. Everyone has been very kind and willing to play/teach me as I slowly pick up the game - especially UberOtter/gustav, who even played some US MA with me ^^. I really respect people who are willing to teach less experienced players, as it's something I do often on the US side. Look forward to playing with more of you guys in the future!

Last edited by Akash on 30 Jan 2017, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 12:25 
Newcomer
Newcomer

It is good that you finally admit your clear bias towards Grim pre-tourney. This was a huge mistake that I still can't understand. Monty and you don't seem to be dumb people, how you could you fall for his nice words? If you would have listened to us, the silent majority, much of the problems could have been avoided. Grim has been a cancer to this community at least since you made your first EUMA videos. How could you forget what he did on EU-5? He did the same thing he did now. Trying to delegitimize the tourney he could not win.

The comparison with Raynor is totally wrong. What Raynor did was wrong of course, but it is clear that he was mad and frustrated. He made a dumb impulsive thing in the heat of the moment against Grim and was punished very hard for it. I don't see a planned action targeted toward hurting the whole tournament. Even though what Grim did is disgusting I think he should not be banned for the next tourney, because he is a good player and we are such a small community already. The punishment should be only against him and not hurt the community. I suggest to remove this tourney win titles.

Why did TV, Monty and you decide to remove me from the tourney without even talking to me? You just talked to Excal, Kontz, and Grim. Three persons that could not be more biased in this decision. Nukular was the caster/ref in this game, yet you guys forced him from outside to stop the game without more evidence than the stream and the words of this three biased persons. Nuku himself said everything was ok before the private Skype messages forced him to this decision. Please explain yourself.

I look forward to read your honest answer!

Last edited by BLK on 30 Jan 2017, 13:27, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 12:25 
Beautifully written. A pleasure to read it I'm on a mobile device so don't want to comment fully yet, but I agree with alot of your summary.

As I mentioned in the other topic, this would not have been possible without you guys. The team you mentioned are the quiet guys of the community but are hidden gems. Amongst the chaos of clan BM, drama and paranoia, you guys made it work. I also admit I have contributed to the clan drama and tension, and rather than trying to control others, I will look inwards to improve myself.

I hope that this has not been too stressful for you all and hope you will consider coming back to host future tourneys and help our community develop - in activity and behaviour.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 12:58 
Newcomer
Newcomer

blk it was eu-5 not eu-6 he ragequit last time.

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 13:27 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thx you are right. I fixed it.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 13:32 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

I agree with BLK! No need to ban grim from next tourney, no need to get on the same level and beg for a ban, the more participants the merrier, more asses to kick.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 13:40 
Newcomer
Newcomer

+1

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 13:42 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

Ban might hurt community, its better to remove his tourney wins, to teach him a lesson.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 13:49 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yeah dont ban grim he is pretty decent he should be punished somehow though because what he did was a dickmove remove his points perhaps

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 13:50 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Also i am looking forward for next tourney maybe this summer? :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next