Marine Arena

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 06:16

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: EU-7 Postmortem
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 20:59 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

vincent wrote: grim probably used the very lowest level of insulting towards me.
he was very disrespectfull to many new players, just for beeing new in premades and raged them out.
he abused his beta powers to cheat.
and now he deliberately tried to RIP the tournament, all on purpose.

nevertheless i agree with aya,
such behavior mostly has a reason, and we should look forward to solve the issues we have in this community, instead of creating even more.
we have had enough drama, enough insulting, enough of clan wars, and ANYBODY who realy cares about MA should try to make things better from now on, not worse!!

Amen!!!

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 21:03 
Publisher
Publisher

I don't think Raiden would let this happen if it is about the game codes.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 21:12 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

Lets all be friends now! Lets try to respect each other, since every single person is unique! It's a treasure in some point, that we can share ideas, skills, knowledge, news, traditions and whatever makes us humans. MA is very time consuming and players spend their lifetime which is unfortunately limited, lets better make each other happy while enjoying our favorite game.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 21:13 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

euryleia wrote:
I don't think Raiden would let this happen if it is about the game codes.

Raiden should just remove his beta status imho, because betas should show others a good example.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 21:15 
Publisher
Publisher

Aya wrote: Lets all be friends now! Lets try to respect each other, since every single person is unique! It's a treasure in some point, that we can share ideas, skills, knowledge, news, traditions and whatever makes us humans. MA is very time consuming and players spend their lifetime which is unfortunately limited, lets better make each other happy while enjoying our favorite game.
Monty PM'd me while we were reffing Finale Game 1. He was impressed with the quality of the match. Everyone gave their all. It was a treat to watch.

As for the beta status and all, that is up to Raiden. Monty and I didn't touch that subject, nor it was our purview. We have nothing to add to this. Please make a thread about it if that is how you feel. Just don't carry this idea forward on this thread.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 21:42 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Grim aint beta afaik

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 10:00 
Publisher
Publisher

While talking with Ragey about Monty's belief that clan pettiness would "kill" MA, I thought of putting down some input on this notion.

Ragey is caster but he hasn't hosted one. He observed that the dev's response time to change proposals would be the bigger reason for MA decays. But how can we tell? This forum IS NOT the nexus of the MA scene. There are pub games going on all of the time. This forum doesn't even represent a fraction of that kind of traffic. People play for all sorts of reasons. The casuals came for the 1-time fun or they could one day go hard core. Who knows and who can tell?

This tourney saw a lot of hard core members. There were no casuals as I know it. That means this tourney served the choir, the believers of the map. They happened to be in different clans, with different level of friendship. I don't know if clan pettiness would decay the Marine Arena scene. Could it? To examine that would require me taking a very long look intro the future, gaming out the possibilities.

What I can say is maybe so, or maybe not. What I do know is clan pettiness made it really hard to host EU-7. And if that happened to us, who would want to step up and do the next one? Who would want to go through that slog again?

I heard one theory from a reliable source here is that Grim could not stand Raynor. Even the possibility that Raynor could be smurfing someone's account would make Grim apoplectic. There is a grain of truth in this. And having realized it is a possibility, I have to say, Wow. I cannot fathom that level of pettiness. Grim went down that rabbit hole so deep that he left Kontz holding the bags. He nearly took us down that hole as well, had we didn't take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

This game needs a forum to stay fresh. This forum needs an active community. This community needs an event that inspire itself from a coma. Having a caster alone won't change that. Having a rivalry can't either (not for long anyways). Having an active event planner without anyone showing would be just as horrible. And hosting an event with the perpetual fear that there will be a catastrophic breakdown intentionally done by a community member is ... well, devastating.

So friends of MA Board and map, how do we get from here to the next touney?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 10:59 
Newcomer
Newcomer

While I was still in OoE we have started a league where we record results of random pres if one of designated people plays in one (Me, Excal, Envy, CanCan, Grim)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

We have already finished season 1 and feelings are very positive - you can check your results over longer period of times, see who you work well / bad with, etc.

I am open to letting more people be able to record results and thus make this league a MA EU thing not only OoE & friends. (example Gymshark has already received rights 2 days ago)

My idea would be the following: we record random pres.
After certain amount of time we organize a tourney where best 8 players (based on average, with more than x games played) play a best of 3 to see who is best of the best. As there won't be fixed teams, hopefully we will avoid targeting specific teams or clan wars, etc.

I believe this would be a fun way to get the whole community together.

why random?
- so that even if you are not a top player you can still get one in your team and have a chance at winning game / getting good place in the league.
- it's fair to all, as everyone has same chance to get any player.
- hopefully, it will dismiss the whole idea of clan wars

PS I'm open for suggestion

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 11:19 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

I think that the league should be less competetive, so people can practice new/different strats and playstyles. Making a tourney with the top 8 put pressure on people to not be creative and so on. How official would you like the top 8 tourney to be and how do you compose the teams then, Andriu? I like the idea though!

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 11:40 
Newcomer
Newcomer

euryleia wrote: What I can say is maybe so, or maybe not. What I do know is clan pettiness made it really hard to host EU-7. And if that happened to us, who would want to step up and do the next one? Who would want to go through that slog again?

I heard one theory from a reliable source here is that Grim could not stand Raynor. Even the possibility that Raynor could be smurfing someone's account would make Grim apoplectic. There is a grain of truth in this. And having realized it is a possibility, I have to say, Wow. I cannot fathom that level of pettiness. Grim went down that rabbit hole so deep that he left Kontz holding the bags. He nearly took us down that hole as well, had we didn't take a step back and look at the bigger picture.
it's super hard to trust people here and people carrying crazily grudges. I have been duped several times while I was moderator and my advice is get it written and confront the person whit it. hear his explanation. Have anyone heard Grims explanation?

Last edited by euryleia on 02 Feb 2017, 05:40, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed the quote tags

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next