Marine Arena

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 06:21

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 05:55 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey All,

Originally, I wasn't going to return to the forum but having some time away to relax/reflect was exactly what the doctor ordered.

ALSO DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS....THERE WAS ZERO FAVORITISM INVOLVED IN THE TOURNAMENT PROCESS....IF THERE WAS, WE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THE ISSUES WE DID.

So lets get started...

FIRST:

I want to apologize to the community for my out of character "rage/bm" during formation of Game 3. As for the participants in the lobby...Some of the guys didn't help the situation.

Primarily, I came back to clear up any misunderstanding about why I was upset. Of course, I was upset about the tournament failing and not being able to do anything to save it / please all sides...HOWEVER that is not why I was raging/bm. I have had people sabotage tournament before and I always bounced back and that to this day sabotage hasn't gotten to me.

The real reason I was upset was because of who was behind the sabotage.

Grim was the one who asked me to come back and host after Raiden asked me. Grim encouraged me to make a return after I had told Raiden that I was not interested but would help Raynor any way he needed. Grim and I have known each other for many years now and have been good friends in and out of the game. We always enjoyed talking politics and other life matters not pertaining to MA.

We actually discussed plans to meet up in the future just a few days before the tournament. we discussed about me coming to London to finish my Surgery rotations and having him show me around and hang out.

So we had a very mutually respectful relationship going back several years. But, I was always clear that when it came to tournaments or official events I would be as ethical as possible and fair to all sides.

AYA can confirm that I have always been available via forum/skype/whatsapp/person phone number and I always end conversations with a reminder that I will be ethical and hear out all sides; but end of the day all decisions will be made by me with consultation from my committee (EURY/TV).

So when I saw that, it was Grim who had set me up, it hurt more than the tournament because we were supposed to be good friends and I was under the assumption that we had an understanding.

So that's why I was upset, so sorry if I offended anyone with the rage.

SECOND

Overall, I think Eury covered all the basis; but I will reitereate one sentiment.

THIS GAME WILL DIE, IF YOU GUYS DON'T GET OVER YOUR PETTY DIFFERENCES!!!

Stop this lunatic belief that "mate over right" meaning that you always have ur MATES back...because if you really did , you would have them accept their mistakes and move on.

To make excuses and make things political you are killing your own game and when the participation / events die...you will have no one to blame but your own logic.

So learn to do the right thing, because small things today can have large impact down the road.

That starts with clan heads like AMIL, for who I have tremendous respect. Also AYA and I have been friends for past several years and I have respect for him as well and his passion for the game.

AS FOR THE ADMINISTRATION

Raiden and I have talked about his faults and it was his first tournament but going forward he knows that he has to be hands off and let the hosts do their thing. Raiden has done so much for the game and is day and night compared to THOM on his availability and passion for working on this game. Raiden isn't perfect and we discussed the flaws but I think he is heading in the right direction. I think as the community and him get on the same page both will grow exponentially. So both should keep their minds open. GIVE THE MAN CREDIT AND RESPECT!!! GAME WOULD BE DEAD WITHOUT HIM.

AS FOR OTHERS..Lot of firsts during this event....Never have been given ultimatums during committee meetings on my possible decisions...that if I don't vote a certain way, they will leave the committee. TO BE HONEST, that is a disservice to the community and the event and personally there is no room for that.

I always ran a democratic process by giving all committee members a voice and NEVER chiming in until they had the opportunity to have an active discussion and a vote. I only came in when the vote was tied.

I DON'T ALWAYS GO TO COMMITTEE. The committee is there when I feel conflicted on a decision and believe that I need others opinions to have a better understanding of the situation...SO don't take the fact that just because one is on the committee, that they will have a voice in EVERY decision.

Going forward, I hope the new HOST picks a committee that differs from their mindset because if you only hear one side of the argument...then there is no need for a committee.

FINALLY

I wish you guys all the best and hope a new host emerges in the community. As always, I am reachable via skype/forum if ever needed. I'll always be available if anyone needs any advice.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 06:00 
Publisher
Publisher

Your post hurts my eyes and I LOVE reading. Stop with the Japanese Neon deployment of hate. (Will clean and edit this up)

Last edited by Montezuma on 01 Feb 2017, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar for the biggest hater of the year goes to.....^^^

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 11:46 
Newcomer
Newcomer

nice post monty
game developer is critical and its hard Work. best, i think, if there are more then one. What about mythic and the raiden join forces?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 11:48 
Newcomer
Newcomer

no. EU and US cannot merge. they are too different. the US players would want to keep the US game as the base and the EU players would want to keep the EU game as the base

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 11:51 
Newcomer
Newcomer

your right, but i still think it would be good if there were more then one dev.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 12:10 
Tourney Winner
Tourney Winner

Make Vincent relevant again!

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 12:37 
Newcomer
Newcomer

we need to let Raiden dicide if he wants this....a teammate-dev.
it can also be he has enough in his new beta team
anyway IF he wants to have a partner, they sure must be able to work together

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 13:04 
I shall post what I wrote to you in pm. Thank you for the post and you are right about the community. Work together to move forward. My pm:

[30/01/2017 13:23:33] Benassi: You guys did a massively good job and showed us light in this dark community
[30/01/2017 13:24:32] Benassi: I know you might be sad right now but you guys, the team, were great. I just want to msg you this because many of us very much appreciate what you did. There is a reason why Grim did what he did but I can't defend it and I'm sorry for that.
[30/01/2017 13:24:57] Benassi: You made the community active and reminded us how to behave. Thank you

Love <3

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 13:32 
Newcomer
Newcomer

who did u msg too?

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 13:35 
that was to monte after tourney