Marine Arena

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 08:40

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:05 
Publisher
Publisher

And if you don't mind, I am going to split this off into your own post-mortem thread and delete this very comment after.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:11 
Publisher
Publisher

You wrote:
Defined counter circles (and in doing so, direct balance to temples)
But Ragey, I've just look over the salvaged changelog we have here, dating November 2016:
Temple Zealots:
Changed base shields from 110 to 100, base hp reduced from 165 to 150.
Changed ascend to temple zealot hotkey from B to T
Changed the “Train zealot hotkey from T to Z”
Reduced hardened shield minimum damage taken to 9.
Maximum damage is the same. (10)
Reduced Temple Zealot Base Shields to 100 from 110.
Reduced Shield upgrade scale to 6 from 7,
Increased charge move speed by +0.3 for both normal and temple zealots

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:13 
Newcomer
Newcomer

euryleia wrote: About the obs function, If the US version has it and it works, anyone could file a petition in the sug/com to have Raiden look into the US version and import the codes if possible. But I think this is a small change that affects just casters, so it could easily be in the back-burner.

As for the balance changes, they are talking about it with fresh evidence over in com/sug. You should put one request in there as well if it still is a pressing matter.

As I said before, it was something I suggested long ago and was nothing I expected to see until it was announced for the upcoming tournament, and a small aside to the bigger point I was making.

The balance changes I mentioned have been the topic of several discussions spanning several months through the previous and current forum, If it weren't still a pressing matter, I doubt people would still be discussing it.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:16 
Newcomer
Newcomer

euryleia wrote: You wrote:
Defined counter circles (and in doing so, direct balance to temples)
But Ragey, I've just look over the salvaged changelog we have here, dating November 2016:
Temple Zealots:
Changed base shields from 110 to 100, base hp reduced from 165 to 150.
Changed ascend to temple zealot hotkey from B to T
Changed the “Train zealot hotkey from T to Z”
Reduced hardened shield minimum damage taken to 9.
Maximum damage is the same. (10)
Reduced Temple Zealot Base Shields to 100 from 110.
Reduced Shield upgrade scale to 6 from 7,
Increased charge move speed by +0.3 for both normal and temple zealots

Do you believe these changes have solved the temple balance? From what I observe, community disagrees, since they're still talking about it, which I address in my OP.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:17 
Publisher
Publisher

Do you believe these changes have solved the temple balance? From what I observe, community disagrees, since they're still talking about it, which I address in my OP.
The balance changes I mentioned have been the topic of several discussions spanning several months through the previous and current forum, If it weren't still a pressing matter, I doubt people would still be discussing it.
So the November changes went in and people are still talking about it, that's means the changes are not fully fixing the problem. Since it hasn't make Temple more OP, since no one here said it did, it means EUMA still has more changes needed to Temple.
I see these requests time and time again, and when looking at the changelog, I don't see anything that has fixed this yet.
That DOES NOT mean Raiden was unresponsive. It meant simply TZ could use another change, or 2, or 3 till it feels right.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:17 
Newcomer
Newcomer

euryleia wrote:
So the November changes went in and people are still talking about it, that's means the changes are not fully fixing the problem. Since it hasn't make Temple more OP, since no one here said it did, it means EUMA still has more changes needed to Temple.

That DOES NOT mean Raiden was unresponsive. It meant simply TZ could use another change, or 2, or 3 till it feels right.

I have already addressed how I feel about it, you're simply repeating what I have already expressed.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:23 
Publisher
Publisher

If TZ doesn't get the right balance it needs, more tweaks will go to it. The changes people are talking now are different approaches to nerf TZ without killing its value. That takes time EVEN when you have an active dev. And there is nothing wrong of pushing out changes and watch to see the effect. You're post makes it like we snap fingers and TZ will have the right numbers or mechanics.

That is why I think when you compared EU to US you are stretching the analogy. For that, a retraction is needed.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:29 
Newcomer
Newcomer

euryleia wrote: If TZ doesn't get the right balance it needs, more tweaks will go to it. The changes people are talking now are different approaches to nerf TZ without killing its value. That takes time EVEN when you have an active dev. And there is nothing wrong of pushing out changes and watch to see the effect. You're post makes it like we snap fingers and TZ will have the right numbers or mechanics.

You're free to take from it what you will, but you said yourself if a balance hasn't been fixed it requires more attention. So my point being, and you said this as well, it's been 6 months, I only question the length between such fixes, and how it translates into the devs ability to do such changes and what to expect for the future. If one change takes 6 months, what will change 2, 3, or 4 take?

As far as mentioning US, I don't believe I did in my OP and I will need to check, I believe it was in reference to LotV that you brought up. Unless you are referring to other developer work where I mentioned vince and mythic, which has more to do with capability than US vs EU...

Last edited by Rageypoo on 01 Feb 2017, 08:33, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:30 
Publisher
Publisher

Length between such fix? Last change was November for TZ. Are you asking for a TZ change every week until the issue is resolved?

And six months from what? From the moment TZ became OP?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:36 
Newcomer
Newcomer

euryleia wrote: Length between such fix? Last change was November for TZ. Are you asking for a TZ change every week until the issue is resolved?

And six months from what? From the moment TZ became OP?

Eury, I'm trying to answer all of your questions and I feel I have been very patient, but everything you are bringing up I have already expressed in my OP but to humor you, I will expand on what I said.

I have seen the capability from other devs, both official and...not, to push out changes in a time that is vastly superior in pace to that of what we have seen currently. I don't find it unreasonable to compare, and whatever speed the dev wishes to take, I can only point out that the current rate is continuing to cause issue, it's not up to me to decide or demand, but rather observe and report, and I feel I have done that.

I would hope a dev would dedicate as much time as possible into a project they own, to reflect the passion and love they have for the game and for their fans of it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next