Marine Arena

It is currently 20 Apr 2018, 10:59

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 07:00 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Montezuma wrote:
THIS GAME WILL DIE, IF YOU GUYS DON'T GET OVER YOUR PETTY DIFFERENCES!!!

AS FOR THE ADMINISTRATION

Raiden isn't perfect and we discussed the flaws but I think he is heading in the right direction. I think as the community and him get on the same page both will grow exponentially. So both should keep their minds open. GIVE THE MAN CREDIT AND RESPECT!!! GAME WOULD BE DEAD WITHOUT HIM.

I don't believe the game will die because of differences, the game went on long after thomulf stopped updating and has only seen more attention at the hope that a new dev will infuse some much desired changes the community has hoped for. That being said...

Respect is earned, like anything else. I believe have been personally invested in this game's success and active in making it happen, either through tournament participation as a ref and caster, pre broadcasts, and active within the forums. I do what I can, when I can, and I hope that earned your respect.

With that said, I'd like to know what more than a few changes in the changelog has done to address the wishes the community in the last several months of development. Much of the glaring issue is the long distances between changes, and excuses made for doing so. We have seen swift and testable changes done by Vince and our own new developer Mythic in as little as a day, so why then is there not more engagement with our current dev with the community to set aside time and tackle these issues in a more reasonable fashion? There should be far more threads with developer/community interaction than we are seeing no?

As an observer, just to name a few, I see an outcry for:

Defined counter circles (and in doing so, direct balance to temples)
Fixes to the map to remove outdated triggers and code that are slowing the game down and making things like lings/warps so laggy.
Changes to medivac/raven dominance that base defenses barely handle, and armies that have little defensible measures to counter.

I see these requests time and time again, and when looking at the changelog, I don't see anything that has fixed this yet. With almost a half a year gone by, is it no wonder the people are skeptical? Until then, the community will of course be divided, keeping tensions needlessly high, and lengthy debates happening. I believe there was even talk about changing one of the game choices into a squad mode? The community is not asking for this, and is so far detached from what is needed.

I bring these thoughts forward not to take stabs but to cast a light on what can be done that will move the debates and divides forward in a positive direction. I've been a part of this community for a long time and as many know, I want this game to succeed, but in these last few months I have seen needless stagnation from promises that have not been met (such as those for the observer functions and visuals for our recent tournament) and if these things are any indication for future success, then fellas, we have a long and difficult journey ahead.

-Ragey

Last edited by Rageypoo on 01 Feb 2017, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 07:19 
Publisher
Publisher

Ragey, thanks for the long punch at Raiden. But this thread is NOT about Raiden.

In fact, Raiden should be left out of this. In fact, Grim told me that, all of the disliking of Thom for his inactivities made him more OK'd with Raiden. In fact, some of the clan captains I spoke to were VERY supportive of Raiden after the tourney. (I can link for a quick read if you want.)

So here, I will dissent. Two days ago, I noted this in the postmortem:
When Raiden was supportive of this project, he really pushed himself to shape the map the way we wanted, even as he was working on the next major update. Raiden also came around after having doubts and cleared the air as much as he could. It was not easy and we really appreciate that. Our visions may differ, but we’re all pursuing the same goal of expanding this community and perfecting the game. EU is lucky to have this man at the helm. In fact, I’ve never seen someone so intimately involved with the community like this since Kiwa.
And I meant every word of it. I would say that he OVERLY and OVERTLY CARED for the community because it is tied to the game and it ties back to the community. If he didn't, he wouldn't go out of his way and inadvertently upset both pro- and anti-raynor ban crowds. That decision he took, with noble intention and all, created an uproar so devastating to the psyche that he had to set aside time to repair the aftermath. And I said this with VEHEMENT objection to his involvement during the tourney. It was unnecessary but we all have to learn the first time somehow and this was Raiden's first time. Trust me, it ain't going to be the next time as long as we are still on this board.

Back to that uproar. Raiden was doing the changes to LoTV edition. Monty asked him for last minute balances. Raiden, of course had to look at it and then put it in. Those changes came from the forum, ofc. He would take the list and went back into silent mode, only to come out half a day later and said, OK done, let's test this.

So hold back the next hit until the LoTV update drops because that's where the changes are expected to happen.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 07:27 
Newcomer
Newcomer

/facepalm

We heard the same thing about LotV over in MA-US, and I'm sorry, if things can't be fixed with the current map, what stock should be put in any future maps? Where is LotV for US? They fed us that same story in US for almost 2 years and that map was never made. To me this is just more politics, the people in charge protecting the status quo, more excuses, more stories. What is left to believe? It's very unfortunate to see it repeat again.

Last edited by Rageypoo on 01 Feb 2017, 07:30, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 07:30 
Publisher
Publisher

I don't think you were around when we had both 1.0 and 0.9.9 map that Crayon worked on at the same time. Same then.

And one thing that separates between the two devs, Josin and Raiden: Raiden got the map within the last 6 months.

Are you saying that he was unresponsive since taking over?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 07:33 
Newcomer
Newcomer

euryleia wrote: I don't think you were around when we had both 1.0 and 0.9.9 map that Crayon worked on at the same time. Same then.

And one thing that separates between the two devs, Josin and Raiden: Raiden got the map within the last 6 months.

Are you denying that he was unresponsive since taking over?

I've already stated what I observed as a response since raiden has been here, and I expressed how I feel about it, I hardly think it bears repeating at this point.

Last edited by Rageypoo on 01 Feb 2017, 07:36, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 07:35 
Publisher
Publisher

I've already stated what I observed as a response since raiden has been here, and I expressed how I feel about it, I hardly think it bears repeating at this point.
Again, are you saying that he was unresponsive since taking over?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 07:35 
Newcomer
Newcomer

euryleia wrote:
Again, are you saying that he was unresponsive since taking over?

Again, read above.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 07:47 
Publisher
Publisher

Since you side tracked this thread, I am going to dissect your post more closer. Ah, this part concerns you deeply. I can tell:
I want this game to succeed, but in these last few months I have seen needless stagnation from promises that have not been met (such as those for the observer functions and visuals for our recent tournament) and if these things are any indication for future success, then fellas, we have a long and difficult journey ahead.
NO observer on the day of tourney laid it out on this forum that we need more observer functions, and I have read it ALL. No one, except you. So I have to ask, why put this in there like a small footnote? Does look a bit odd that you keep it there after a litany of balance criticism, which the forum is STILL debating; which, again, I've read all of them over in sug/com?

This is the gist of your concern, that you haven't seen updates affecting your area. Well, it's okay. We all have a hobbyhorse to ride and you've made this yours. I am going to state for a fact that your unfulfilled requests did not account for the fact that Raiden added the bounty count on the tourney map, which he made specifically for the tourney.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 07:54 
Newcomer
Newcomer

euryleia wrote: Since you side tracked this thread, I am going to dissect your post more closer. Ah, this part concerns you deeply. I can tell:
(such as those for the observer functions and visuals for our recent tournament)

NO observer on the day of tourney laid it out on this forum that we need more observer functions, and I have read it ALL. No one, except you. So I have to ask, why put this in there like a small footnote? Does look a bit odd that you keep it there after a litany of balance criticism, which the forum is STILL debating; which, again, I've read all of them over in sug/com?

If you feel I have sidetracked a postmortem post with my own interjection, feel free to clean it, you are an admin after all.

Though much of my post was more a response to the point of respect, I laid out how I felt. Part of that example in my summation was the changes that were posted for observer functions (the same ones made by JOSIN for MA US) before the last forum was removed. It was stated they would be ready for the tournament and it was not delivered, and ties into the whole of my point. It was something that I had suggested during a discussion with myself and the beta team within a skype call when Raiden first asked us for input for the future of MA-EU, it was nothing I personally put on the forums and nothing that was promised till it was announced on the forum.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 08:03 
Publisher
Publisher

About the obs function, If the US version has it and it works, anyone could file a petition in the sug/com to have Raiden look into the US version and import the codes if possible. But I think this is a small change that affects just casters, so it could easily be in the back-burner.

As for the balance changes, they are talking about it with fresh evidence over in com/sug. You should put one request in there as well if it still is a pressing matter.