Marine Arena

It is currently 23 Jul 2018, 15:49

All times are UTC

Post subject: Base Defenses
PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 22:55 

Make Base Defence Upgrades increase in cost for every upgrade; make rebuying base defences more expensive (maybe +25 for each new one)

What i see a lot in pubs, especially non sd ones is, that some retards just get 5/5 photon cannons and sit in their base and you have to invest into base defence destroy over and over because eventually they reach siegetank range aswell.
This is not the kind of basecamping which requires any skill whatsoever and is just insanely annoying therefore i suggest +50 for the armor and attack aswell as the range upgrades for every up you buy and set the base attack range upgrade to 400.

This will only prohibit this kind of playstyle and not affect lategame base fortification or simply putting down 2-3 photon cannons if the enemy is rushing into your base.
Camping in your base is still perfectly possible with units like sentry, siegetank and many others that i dont have to extensively mention; it also ruins it for pubs which find the idea very funny to stall out 1hr sd games until one hour just by putting down upgraded photon cannons.

Post subject: Re: Base Defenses
PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 23:43 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
Totally sensible suggestion, +1

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 02:04 
Newcomer
Newcomer

hi crow,

this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=299&start=10

is about what you are talking about. nice that another one person can see that

something is wrong here.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 02:33 

ah sorry chris I must have forgotten about it, but i believe having it summed up here will bring it up again to hopefully achieve the change

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 04:02 
Newcomer
Newcomer

+1. .

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 07:26 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Just put the base defences into a towerdefence map and out of Ma way better that way

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 07:56 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: aratnis#2642
Hello there.
First of all, I might surprise you all but I do agree on the one thing you said (don't be affraid I still disagree on all the other points you made. Wouldn't be funny otherwise xD ):

This kind of plays is indeed
Crow wrote: [...]just insanely annoying [...]
to break through.

But I don't think it is in need of a nerf. For 2 reasons :

- People who does that have to invest Tons of minerals in defences AND upgrades (for their defences.) witch delays their ground army from a very VERY large amount of upgrades.

- It is usually played in no sudden death mode. witch is not the most popular one. And by nerfing this very specific strat only applyable in a specific mode, you will affect the standard game (even if it's not that much of a change).

It might sound stupid or not relevant to you (I can get that) but if you do this kind of fixes once you've done it 3-4 times, all the little changes you made will end up affecting the game (and not only the no SD ones)

You might think : "Fuck this guy, he only disagree cause he uses this a lot."
I did used it once or twice (like every other strat in the game (almost) to see his benefits and how people react to it. )
Thing is, it was in deed very funny to see the guy that rolled all over you the entire game sends army after army dying on your defences cause he is too dumb to understand that defences are not worth to die on.
And even back then it was not a viable strat. Cause YEAH you are a pain in the ass to kill for anyone in the game.
But by doing so you also doom your self to loose that same game. (cause defences can't kill bases.) And also defences have a max upgrade that is reachable way sooner than the max upgrades for units. witch means that at some points (even if your opponent don't think too hard and still apply the same strat as he did the entire game (like upgarding marines of merc) he will gets through. (maybe 2 hours later xD but he will ^^)

You are trying to nerf a play that cannot win the game. Therefore I'll be curious to see how this topic ends x)

I might suggest like a different thing to solve your problem :

Allow people that are not interested of a no sudden death marine arena to don't play it.
(witch will be not that easy to do)
I don't think people are that close to their stats (cause many players resets it quite often) but maybe by not loosing any rank points by leaving in the early game.
But it will create an other issue : if half players leave the game cause it's a no sudden dath one... It's no more the game player witch voted for wanted to do...
Maybe set the mode selectable in the lobby, then you could choose witch kind of MA you wanna play. (because it is true that 2-3 hours are a lot of time and if you only wanted to play a last 60 min SD marine arena, and gets trapped in a no SD... You might not get any fun of it)

Refund of the voting system, that's my contribution for this topic. :smile:
( Sry Devs I know my option isn't the easyest one xD )

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 14:21 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Base defence isnt a strategy you go to win its just something noobs do to delat the win of good players by 30 minutes. (Or even 40 minutes sometimes). Or 2 hours as loki decimate and illusive did to me once. Its not a viable strat its just there to annoy people and thus it should be removed. Id go with either crows idea or make base defence not give bounty when they kill stuff but crows idea is better

Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 16:35 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: aratnis#2642
Gonorstrom wrote: Base defence isnt a strategy you go to win its just something noobs do to delay the win of good players by 30 minutes. (Or even 40 minutes sometimes). Or 2 hours as loki decimate and illusive did to me once.
You are saying that loki illusive and decimate are noobs.

And it can provide fun if you are not in a mood where you have to play as many game as possible as fast as possible. Because it will force you to face things that you don't face that often, and doing so do thing you don't do that often. (Last time someone did this to me I had to nuke his CC a few time with an odin in order to win)

But once again it requires players that wanna play the same typer of game from the start.

No one joins a marine arena lobby and think it will be a 4v4 fast speed without sudden death.

And this very topic here exists because some players are forced to play in a mode they didn't agreed on.

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 17:06 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Oh for the ones sitting in base it can probably be very fun. but for us good players that know when a game is won and just want to play the next one (without leaving and losing our winstreak ofc) it is such a waste of time to wait for sudden death.

and you say base defence wouldnt be boring if all the guys in the game wanted to play with it? first of, if everyone went base defence the game would never end and secondly nobody at all thinks it is fun to play vs base defence no matter how fun it is to play with them

Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin