PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 22:37 
Newcomer
Newcomer

+1 on u. Make ma more skilled

Post subject: Re: marine morphs
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2018, 14:26 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Ishkariot wrote: remove double spawn marines and improve the tech marines, double spawn only supports the mindless rush stuff in my opinion.
improve the tech marines so they have each their own benefits, like tosch counters protosss shield units or tychus is effective vs stuff like zerglings or balls of air units etc.
the tech marines dont effect the game at all, i would love to have a choice to make which actually has a impact on my game and helps me with a small counter vs xxxxxx etc.

the first 30minutes everyone is full on mirco and playing with small costs and high gain but afterwards is rush rush rush, double marines, massing, 2coloburn... if you know what i mean.
Before I see any other strong arguments who isn't in my minds right now I rly agree with this!

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2018, 15:29 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
is it just me that find double spawn to be quite enjoyable to play against? I feel like buffing the other morphs to make them the meta would just make the game worse:

Tosh: already outscale hts (gets 20 hp per up, ht gets 2per half second --> 4dps * 4 seconds = 16). As someone who thinks ht is a really healthy hero especially for fighting from behind, i feel like overfed buffed/op toshes wouldnt be very healthy for the game.

Raynor: With his range advantage marines will destroy 6 range mercs even more. The one who gets his raynors first will destroy the enemy rine players and thus snowball

Tychus: Not as unhealthy for the game imo compared to previous two so if u'd want another meta marine morph, this would be my pick

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2018, 11:40 

i just feel like throwing in that where this thread goes wrong is to assume that marine double spawn only supports mass marine strats whereas it can as well just be a mass supplement for a micro intensive hero/elite heavy strat. so it can both support marine only strats AND micro heavy strats. also I feel like what people fail to mention is that it is MARINE arena so marines should be the strongest unit in the game and the game SHOULD favor a marine heavy style

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2018, 13:42 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I dont think you can make an argument out of the games name

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 00:23 

Eyyo wrote: I dont think you can make an argument out of the games name
and why cant I? lets make starcraft have like medieval units be real strong right?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 23:32 
Newcomer
Newcomer

There is one thing considering which unit designs to add into a universe for flavour/realism purposes.

However if there were arguments against marines being strong (i dont mind them tbh), i dont see how the name of the game would be a reason to impact the game balance in a negative way. I wouldnt even say that taking tech marines out of viability would be a violation of the name, since they are still spawned in for every player in every single game.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2018, 09:31 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2686
Well the name of the game is Marine Arena so it would be weird if marines wasnt a part of the game in any way. In my opinion the double spawn is not the problem, it suits some playstyles well, the problem is that the morphs are too weak compared to double spawn. I dont think double spawn should be nerfed the other should get buffed. i actually think tosh are fine as he is, but tychus should maybe have extra dmg agaisnt air and light and some more splash, and raynor an abillity which makes him have 0.5 extra range in addition to the 0.5 extra range he already have, for like 5 seconds or something.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2018, 09:39 
Newcomer
Newcomer

The problem with marines is that mercenaries are too weak compared to them early and midgame. Lategame marines should overpower mercenaries by a longshot but not early and midgame like we see now where retards with pure marine temple or pure marine ling run around getting fed by noobs

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2018, 09:48 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2686
Thats not the the focuspoint of the discussion..
Its about why doublespawn is the only viable choice compared to the morphs, and how we should fix that issue