Marine Arena

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 04:26

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 00:13 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
1. for example gustav won a pre with festor medi in a pre with following teams: chief-excal, gus-levi, kontz-demo, me-raynor. I wouldnt refer to that as a tier noob pre.

2. I see the players u listed (grim, excal, chief, urself) buy dropships frequently, some the majority of their games, high level pres included.

3. Seems a bit hostile calling someone a noob (melzal) here while uncalled for. There are better ways to describe players that dont fit the top 20.

4. You said they are only good with golis but without a goli nerf that seems like a solid position (since there is generally 1 goli player on each team) to be in as an ellite. I think medi is actually by quite a margin the most used ellite in the game.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 00:28 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Litch#2215
Eyyo wrote: 1. for example gustav won a pre with festor medi in a pre with following teams: chief-excal, gus-levi, kontz-demo, me-raynor. I wouldnt refer to that as a tier noob pre.
I havent seen that premade but ht and infestor medi is generally pretty easily countered by a emp to the medi. which i think is fine because ht and infestor medi play isn't particularly hard.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 00:35 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Eyyo wrote:
3. Seems a bit hostile calling someone a noob (melzal) here while uncalled for. There are better ways to describe players that dont fit the top 20.
he is a noob in my head because I haven't played vs him. I've only seen him play on lord_cannys stream.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 00:40 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Eyyo wrote:
4. You said they are only good with golis but without a goli nerf that seems like a solid position (since there is generally 1 goli player on each team) to be in as an ellite. I think medi is actually by quite a margin the most used ellite in the game.
goliath medi play is seen often because air is so popular so people go goliath medi to be safe against air. You just pointed out something that is super imba which is air and the fact that medi goliath is the only counter towards it early game. but you don't care about that air is imba because u like to play air...

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 01:44 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Dr Lolotor wrote: -I also suggest medivac beeing able to use a "little boy" ability to be sure you wont miss to destroy anything below.
-Medivac should also have a teleport to save it anytime. ofc no nrj needed with a 10 sec cooldown. 0 sec cooldown would be op!
-Starting armor should be 10 cause losing it early is always a pain.
why do you have to be so condescending towards my post by suggesting that my suggestion is anything like yours? It's so sad to see that you are a beta tester and make a reply like that, so disrespectful.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 06:32 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Cant reply to everything until i get home but i think out of the players you listed only grim is a good medivac player.
Anyone can boost and flank with a medivac but so far the only ones ive seen to pick up damaged units to save them are me and grim and the only one ive seen to dodge emps with medivac is myself. Ht and medivac sucks dick because ht is trash not because medivac is. Picking up units with it isnt super risky like you say it is, if they go forward just back the medivac lol. I dont think medivac + pure army works as it used to but i dont think it should either

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 06:32 
Newcomer
Newcomer

And honestly, you're not supposed to keep the medivac at the front lines so it can get emped

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 06:45 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Gonorstrom wrote: Anyone can boost and flank with a medivac but so far the only ones ive seen to pick up damaged units to save them are me and grim.
I use the medivac to pick up injured units all the time I even put them back at base to heal. Never seen you ever do that.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 06:50 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Gonorstrom wrote: Picking up units with it isnt super risky like you say it is, if they go forward just back the medivac lol.
True. But you won't be able to pick up any of the injured units when u do that because the medivacs load range gets outrange by the enemy units.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018, 07:10 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Gonorstrom wrote: I think out of the players you listed only grim is a good medivac player.
A unit that can only be played good by the best player sounds like a very unbalanced unit.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next