Marine Arena

It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 01:29

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Next Update 2.167
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2018, 18:18 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Destroyer and immortal buffs were also requested. Yet we hear nothing about those mercenaries

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2018, 19:02 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Gonorstrom wrote: Destroyer and immortal buffs were also requested. Yet we hear nothing about those mercenaries

+ 1

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 08:58 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
Immo buff could be nice. I'm not gonna go into mad detail. Most look like requested changes. The saviour and Viking changes are a bit random though. No way in hell do Kings need a nerf. Who has been discussing that? Reapers are a better DPS farmer and corruptors are better anti air. No need for King nerf.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 10:10 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2686
TpkPaul wrote: The saviour and Viking changes are a bit random though. No way in hell do Kings need a nerf. Who has been discussing that.
I was kicked just after Raiden created this topic. There was no discussion about Vikings at all between the testers and Raiden. So I would like to know the reason for this nerf too.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 11:37 
Newcomer
Newcomer

MaxLaks (Maximus) wrote:
TpkPaul wrote: The saviour and Viking changes are a bit random though. No way in hell do Kings need a nerf. Who has been discussing that.
I was kicked just after Raiden created this topic. There was no discussion about Vikings at all between the testers and Raiden. So I would like to know the reason for this nerf too.

Well unless you think a Ground viking should counter Reapers and other ground elites with massive siege tank range. i totally agree with the nerf. ^^ each unit got a role and the viking is no siege tank :p And it should not be farming like wild on ground.
its an anti air unit .... that has the power to shoot on ground when no air is around.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 12:58 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Thread Updated, added Hybrid Destroyer & Immortal.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 17:15 

Vikings: nerf absolutely appreciated i think we should all be honest and agree on that; it was literally a ground elite counter as opposed to being an air elite counter. (you could literally go up against siege tanks with them)

Dark Archon: please nerf it... the bug patch was a buff and it has still not been nerfed. i really am sick of having to play it in every damn pre or being in a disadvantage against anyone who has it.

Phantoms: again.... what is the reasoning behind this. especially with the maraider nerf they have been and are one of the strongest 10 min picks and this just makes them even stronger. if a guy goes phantoms at 10 it basically reduces your farming capabilities to 0 if you are next to him, this buff really is bad in regard to balance imho.

The saviour buff is good and bad. it can definitley reach too far but also it is basically useless vs drops and air.
i suggest to decrease its range and lifetime but increase its movementspeed. that way it will be able to defend vs things that are actually IN the base and at the compound without reaching all the way too mid

sentries: i think they are already a very viable elite. not sure if a buff will maybe make them op.

i really like the BC buff, like this they maybe actually become a bit tankier scary spaceships like BATTLECRUISER suggests instead of some glass cannons with a snipe (yamato)

I dont really like the diessie buff because imo they are already quite strong considering the skill required but on the other hand they are weak in pres. i do still suggest a rework but maybe this gives a bit of a solution to the goliath flood. on the other hand countering golis better also makes air stronger which we defo dont want. but in general something has to be done about dessies, so +1 and lets see after some weeks of testing

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 18:48 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Many ultimates needs a balance. So it's better to focus this patch now and go all in for all Ultimate direct after this.

Do u think phantoms gonna be to strong with this scale? It's about hp in end i see the phantoms is kinda weak. And also becouse Marines takes place and in some way less stun in end games then.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 19:17 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Phantoms are already very good. Why buff them at all?

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 22:03 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Savior change is tricky and can have differences when it comes to using "Rally point" to make savior cover more ground, while if player's are not using rally point, savior will not reach outside of base.

Something very important to keep in mind is that when a savior is attacking, it stops moving, which makes the "Less duration" not the best option, due to when many units are inside base, less units will be killed, even with higher damage, unless the "Splash Fraction" gets increased.

That is why the best solution is to have a "fixed location" where savior spawns and keep the same 7 seconds duration without the need of rally points.
When using savior, automatically becomes the default selection so no matter what a player is doing, he can control the savior to any desired location to attack.

Still tests are being done in order to find the best solution and if we have to use less duration, we will do that, but we have to be sure before implementing a change like this, that there are no downsides.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next