Marine Arena

It is currently 20 Mar 2019, 16:05

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 17:51 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Can you edit my link into the first post again so that people dont have to scroll through a bunch of ranting before they can join?

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 18:39 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I believe that the situation became complicated while things are simple.

Long ago Sonoma created a MA discord for both EU & US communities to be together.
While the games are different, still we want all the players to support the same game, which is Marine Arena.

The best for our community is to have 1 discord where all players are gathered there. Discord servers represent the games core development, where game testers, developers, moderators and everyone else is there to help or answer questions to the players.
Players can also meet and team up for a game, but giving the current amount of players, splitting them to 2 different groups, just doesn't make sense.

There's no need for issues over simple things.

As for Paz, he just did what forum rules say about advertising. Paz been around for long before and was also a mod in the previous forum, so thank him for having the time to be a mod here. Who knows he might also start playing MA again which will be good.

Thank you.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 19:53 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
I dont see a reason to mess with what we have. I also dont think its very likely for US players to see a eu looking for players and suddenly go to eu and vice versa. Having a separate discord for eu and us doesnt seem bad enough for it to be worth for people to move

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 20:05 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: Nvidia#2240
I believe there can be channels for EU and for US. Its not a problem, the discord can be reworked to make it easier for everybody to use it. I believe its the best for the community.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 21:34 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello I am the Sonoma that has been brought up in this thread. I am not a dev for either US or EU maps. I work on the forums and backend web server elements for the US side. I created the MA discord back when discord had just started to become popular and I asked both dev's Raiden(EU) and Josin(US) to come together to share a universal discord channel to bring all MA players together under one roof for an easier friend finding and game finding experience. Both dev's have complete admin control over the MA Discord which technically makes it an Official server and the channel template currently on it was just something I threw together at the time of creating it and could be modified by either dev at any time. I connected the forums to the channel to make new forum posts easier to see when someone is not connected to either forum and since I have admin access on the US side I connected the user list as well so we can see who sits in the channel and how many people have ever been active at one time.

MA will celebrate it's 9th birthday this year and I am happy to have been apart of it for the whole time.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 00:31 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
my 2 pence worth.... I tried to get the Discord up and running when I was part of the beta team but no EU Devs/ testers used it and I kept getting told by Raiden and Beta team to use Skype (like it was 2010!!!) I tried my best but no one listened. I then got invited to the REAL MA discord and now Beta team wants a discord they are trying to get everyone who uses the current one to go onto their new "official" one?!?!?!? Sorry Guys as much as I love you guys.... not gonna happen. The EU Marine Arena Discord is https://discord.gg/UNRDEYD 83 members strong....

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 11:36 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: Nvidia#2240
Not worth 2 pence :lol:
Well seriously the better for the community is to gather all on the REAL like you say, but the real official one, the forum is linked to that official discord as said above, so everyone can see what happen on forum.
The skype is for beta yes, whats the problem, skype is way better for beta discussion, it doesnt mean official discord is not for players. What you are saying is a non-sense.
I repeat, discord can be reworked for all channel you want to be available. Its just a question of effort. And i believe we can separate power from forum and discord. I mean keeping some of the mods/admin of the unofficial discord and making them mod in the official one.
Make a step in our direction, we will do one in your... Up to ppl concerned by this.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 11:46 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I think you are mistaken in a way because while what you say is truth, the only reason I preferred skype over discord it was ONLY for the beta test team, not the community.
The server you created was for that purpose, to gather game testers and start making them use discord.

Sonoma opened the way and created a MA discord before anyone else did for MA as he advertised the MA discord in the previous forum we had.
Since a few weeks now in SC2, the Marine Arena doesn't have the forum anymore as link in map description, but instead the "discord MA server".
There's no need to see this as competition, feel free to use the server you prefer, but just like forums, the only official discord is the one having both EU & US communities along with everyone related to the game (devs, testers, mods, etc.)

Thank you.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 22:20 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
Nvidia why go all hostile?! Yes when we first discussed Discord it was only for Betas as SKYPE is not as effective as communicating as Discord, Hence why Skype is RIP. Also the discord we already have is VERY active so we don't need the betas or devs telling us that we should use another one! Stop trying to. The whole community has spoken to advise you that there already is a Discord. Stopping RIPing the game and alienating the dev/ beta team from the community more than it already is please. Listen for once! The last patch was a step in the right direction don't screw it up with something so silly.

JUST ACCEPT PEOPLE DON'T USE YOUR ONE.

Thanks.

Last edited by TpkPaul on 14 Mar 2019, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019, 04:57 
Newcomer
Newcomer

TpkPaul are you not a beta anymore? I been seeing the betas converse more in discord but don't see you anymore. I fully support an Unofficial anything, people can idle in tons of discord channels at the same time so there is no harm against the community if you guys want your personal one. The Official one will always be more restrictive simply because it abides by forum rules. a mod here is a mod there and so forth so it makes things harder for people who don't see eye to eye with the devs and staff ect. I still see more people in the official server than yours though but this whole thing did prompt some much needed change and that helps out everyone.