Marine Arena

It is currently 25 Apr 2018, 04:45

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2018, 00:17 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Hello.

Creating this topic about the next tournament in order to start early preperations.
With the new map being in progress and getting close to finish, its a good timing to announce the next tournament once everything is ready, stable and bug free.

This month most likely the new version will be released, adding 2 more months for keeping meta stable for all players to get used to.
With all these in mind, tournament seems to be about 3 months away, which means around late June.

Now, most players know who hosted many previous EU tournaments, and if some don't know, that was Montezuma.
I dont know if he will be available to host again another tournament, and thats why early preperations have started in order to fill all the gaps that might occur in time.

Anything related to the next tournament, will be written here such as (hosts, refs, dates, etc.)

In the meantime, stay tuned.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2018, 10:39 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: #2908
Lets rock !!!

Attachments:
Tournament_poster.jpg
Tournament_poster.jpg [ 756.96 KiB | Viewed 249 times ]

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2018, 23:23 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Nice,

We just need to be sure the map will be ready in time :)

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 11:40 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
I think tournaments should be more regular. Like once every two months instead of once every two years.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 04:28 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I doubt I'll play, but for the sake of everyone, please don't have Monty host. The dude has had a shitty track record every tourney. I just hosted a whole MAL tourney on US MA that has been drama free and lasted triple the length of a tourney. So it is very possible and easy to make a drama free tourney with an actual host, my recommendation (Akash from US, crow, or even raided) I'd volunteer but we all know how that would go down.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 09:23 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Anyone who is interested into hosting, ref, etc. can sign up, tournament is for the players.
I dont know if Monte can make it, but even if someone else wants to host, we can have a chat and once everything is ok i will give green light to proceed.
All decisions and everything else related to the tournament, will be under host's authority, me personally i dont want to be involved that much.

Last tournament was on late Feb 2017, so its 1 year ago not 2, but still, having more tournament events per year its something we should do, and i agree on that.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 09:43 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
I would vote Nuku unless he wants to play. One of the kindest and unbiased players out there. Been involved in tourneys too

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 23:52 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
TpkPaul wrote: I would vote Nuku unless he wants to play. One of the kindest and unbiased players out there. Been involved in tourneys too
+1

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 10:48 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
Update: I have spoken to Nuku, he would have to see because of his work schedule but would be interested in being Ref/commentary. Prob not host.