Marine Arena

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 09:14

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2018, 14:34 
Newcomer
Newcomer

when people leave why was the time changed from 60 to 45 until the ccs explode? did anyone ask for this?

i feel like a lot of changes recently have been un-asked for. just take the newest topic of raidens mode ideas as example. lots of changes but none that were asked for, and not many at all that people liked. please focus on things people ask for and not random stuff that doesnt matter at all.

like buffing the savior range; who asked for that? it messes up cliff battles a lot because now saviors reach really far on the cliff.

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2018, 14:37 
Newcomer
Newcomer

well the changes are what bothers raiden not what bothers the community. He is also like go discuss shit i changed and everyone is like trash update but he still does the update legit just a big waste of time to suggest things/discuss balance he no care

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2018, 14:38 

+1 on the saviour range issue; rly not needed, saviour annoying enough.
(some guy can take a chance and get lucky or not but for u -the one actually out on the map doing shit and daring to come anywhere close to some persons base- it can ruin the whole game)
about the ccs exploding; i dunno doesnt concern me since imo pubs are just pubs and therefore kind of the most freaked out gamemode there is and in a proper pre this wouldnt happen due to noone just quitting (PROPER PRE)

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2018, 20:54 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Nvidia#2240
the change of the savior is not implemented yet if i understand, but even last day someone rekt me with one save killing 2x MS + 4x vikings. Instant gg for having stalked a bit 2 nixs with my vikings in front of someone base, then sure that this savior thing that seems to be comin is not, REALLY not welcomed

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2018, 23:50 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
Yea messing with saviour range seems really dangerous, especially since its something that experienced players have gotten very used to. Like gustav said, seems really unasked for

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2018, 14:48 
Site Technician

Don't mess with the savior, this is not asked or wished for by the community.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2018, 00:37 
Game Developer
Game Developer

About latest topic changes, suggestions were first posted here in order to have further feedback first before implementing anything.

The reduce from 60 to 45 is 1 thing that affects public games, (premade doesn't suffer from this since players are not leaving randomly).

Now in public games, a lot of times players had massed units when leaving, which is a big amount of feed, adding the structures also (CC 300 + Merc, depending the tier).
Situations when even with 60 seconds CD, taking CC was not possible existed, but the % turns towards taking CC + Merc with 60 even if a player had big mass of units.

With 45 seconds there is still time to take the CC's, but in case the player has a big mass of units, which is already feed for the attacking player, taking also the CC + merc will not be easy.

Having un-used modes, or modes that are not so good/well balanced, (squadron - fastest), is something we want to change and make them better.

These suggestions, are just suggestions which can be implemented to improve these modes that are not chosen often(squadron is like 1 time chosen per 20 games, maybe more).
So since Squadron clearly is chosen rarely, we can at least try different modifications on the mode to see if its better or not, we don't have anything to risk from a mode that is already not played often.
If a change is not enough or is not good, anyone can offer another option/way instead of the ones posted, and is something we would like to see.

Savior missing targets due to certain units having faster movespeed is a fact that exists in many games.
But this change is something we will not touch, before first posting what is going to change here and being sure that is balanced and will not cause any issues.