Marine Arena

It is currently 22 Nov 2018, 10:36

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tournaments?
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2018, 22:15 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
I was just wondering, why arent there any tournaments anymore? Is it because they would be overwhelmingly hard to set up? Too low on demand? (doubt thats why). Lack of permission from someone to make said tourney "official"?

Now i dont think there has to be any money involved or anything but i think it would be fun if we as a community could start having an opportunity to really be competitive and have a place to really see how you (and your teammate) stack up against the rest. With the pres nowadays being mostly about balanced lobbies (and imo getting a bit casual which i really have nothing against) it would be fun to have a format where you could really start practicing with someone and have something greater than just "a game with 8 players you know".

Ideally in my mind we'd have a tournament ever or every other month, what do you guys think?

Is it a possibility?

Post subject: Re: Tournaments?
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2018, 05:09 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: 2686
there is supposed to be a tourney when the new map from raiden comes online in 2057

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2018, 11:27 

This has been tried in the history many times over but besides for the main tourney most people just can't be bothered to adjust their life to a certain time once a month for a small tourney this is why this keeps failing; we are dealing with people of different age, professions and time zones which makes a monthly or weekly tournament a very difficult event organize but you are welcome to try of course :) I do advise you though to stay out of it as a host and make sure to set clear rules and leave everything else up to your own consideration only and be 100% logical about all decisions and adhere to set punishments and bans for players or it will just be a mess (some older players can tell you a lot about this :p)

and lastly. prizes!! maybe talk to raiden to give the title holders of weeks/months badges that can be challenged off of them (like in boxing), make the title holders challengeable in premades set up by you to any team who feels strong enough in a BO5 or sth

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2018, 14:42 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: #2908
About prizes, we could just give the winning team two 3d printed models of a Marine (one each) which can last a lifetime decoring that boring desk. For the second place, a ling would be sufficient. (to share). The only requirement would be for an after photo post with them (winners) holding the prize.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2018, 11:56 

Platanix wrote: About prizes, we could just give the winning team two 3d printed models of a Marine (one each) which can last a lifetime decoring that boring desk. For the second place, a ling would be sufficient. (to share). The only requirement would be for an after photo post with them (winners) holding the prize.
how are u gonna share the ling haha, just send it every 3 months from one person to the other

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2018, 16:42 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I would have hosted more tourney's but you see last time I hosted I got everyone signed up and rules/brackets and everything done. Then two days before it started I was kicked from host and banned from playing. So I'm not going to host again. But what you all should be worried about is this new map, on US MA relic the dev said he was making LOTV MA. He showed pics of the layout of map, but it was all a lie. Months kept ticking by, and he kept saying it's almost done. Now that we've seen the map we all know nothing was done. Maybe raidens map isn't real at all, maybe it is. Buuuut if it is real then why is it not out yet. Even after several times being said almost done?

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2018, 18:07 
Game Developer
Game Developer

The new version is uploaded in EU region since End of July under the name -Marine Arena-.
The reason the map was uploaded in public status was so everyone can access, see and give feedback.

At the moment, ultimate heroes were added and updated, all the work that takes place on the new version gets updated when is ready so everyone can check and see the progress.
Here we dont just talk, we show the actual progress in real public status.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2018, 08:38 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: #2908
how are u gonna share the ling haha, just send it every 3 months from one person to the other
[/quote]
If it's upsetting we can always make two...the printer does it, no real effort is necessary and if makes the kids happy ...then sure..why not ..print two of them.