Marine Arena

It is currently 19 Mar 2019, 19:12

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Vote button
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019, 18:43 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: Nvidia#2240
if you want to have more influence on updates, try to join betas maybe bro. i would like to join beta but i dont know how, if there is a slot, and if i would be welcomed lol. but i would have loved to to join it.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019, 19:11 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2686
Right now there are only 2 betas and 1 dev. Why should they deside everything?
We keep seeing changes noone asks for, or changes many people asks for that is not being implemented. If we had a voting system, Raiden don't even have to think about what's the good thing to add, he will simply jsut add what the community asks for. Also, why shouldn't things get added if >50% wants it? That makes no sense to me.

Also I did join the betas, sadly I got kicked after 2 weeks

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019, 19:22 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: Nvidia#2240
50% of twelve ppl would decide of ma updates for the whole ma players community? thats what would be a non-sense :p
And is there really only 2 beta? i mean i can see 4 yet now, like DRlol genki platanix TPKpaul?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019, 19:31 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Platanix and tpk are retired betas. And he said 11 guys meaning it cant be a 50/50 result in votes

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2019, 09:43 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Still don't understand how it's nonsense to have the 11 best players deside. Right now it's only 3 dudes who desides what the updates are going to be. Also, I would imagine that the best players probably could have better game awereness. Updates would also be a lot faster, no updates that noone asks for, and so on. Can't really see anything against this, unless we don't have 11 good players, or Raiden just simply don't want to give power to the people.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2019, 13:50 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
lets have a vote on if this is a good idea or not?! XD Seriously though it could be a good idea to give Raiden and the team an indication on how passionately the community thinks about an issue but shouldnt automatically mean we make the change.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2019, 13:55 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: TPKpaul#2964
MaxLaks (Maximus) wrote: Right now there are only 2 betas and 1 dev. Why should they deside everything?
We keep seeing changes noone asks for, or changes many people asks for that is not being implemented. If we had a voting system, Raiden don't even have to think about what's the good thing to add, he will simply jsut add what the community asks for. Also, why shouldn't things get added if >50% wants it? That makes no sense to me.

Also I did join the betas, sadly I got kicked after 2 weeks
Also that is exactly how it works. It is also why we have a lot of retired testers, Endless balance and bug discussions only to be suprised the next day that a new patch is out without any of those discussed changes being implemented. (Kontz, Gonostrom, Vincent, plata, Grim Reaper, now yourself + more that I can't remember.)

Being a Dev is a tough Job and I don't envy Raiden. I get on really well with him and also have massive love for DrLol but yeah some changes are just random!!! :D I don't think this will change within the life span on SC2 as a platform. I think arena based games will go on though

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2019, 20:12 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I don't really get what your point is. Also, still no arguments against it, you are only saying it shouldn't be like I'm suggesting.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2019, 22:57 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Its good to write personal experiences of what happened, but the truth I believe its much better.
I never had some of the mentioned retired betas under me, and for every retired tester, there's a different reason why he left.

I don't want to share the details of why for example Platanix left, but it had nothing to do with random changes, some testers left on their own for more personal reasons, and if they don't want to share the truth, that's something I respect and will not give any more details.

As for a tester coming and being kicked, well kicked is not the correct word. When we don't know a certain player, but he wants to become a beta tester, we give the chance to get to know him better and be under "Checking period" until becoming a permanent beta tester.
If that didn't worked out, we thank him for the time given during that period and we proceed, without any hard feelings. There's nothing about this to take it personal, we just have to see "as a team" how things are working out when a new tester is being added.

We appreciate and we are glad seeing feedback coming from different players, that's 1 reason of having these forums active.
Many changes that took place all these months were given from player's, that is a fact and these players can confirm it them selfs if they want.

Besides player's feedback, we can also see what is wrong and what needs to be changed in order for the game to become more balanced & fair.
Every update is being shared here for that only reason, to get feedback and if a specific balance change is not good, will be changed or even removed.