Marine Arena

It is currently 26 Apr 2019, 12:25

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 22:32 
Newcomer
Newcomer

At first i thought (probably like anybody else): hey that emp damage change on nova makes sense.
However i played nova today in a premade for the first time in a longer period and it made me realise how strong she actually is. She has vey fast movenement speed, twice the snipe damage, her snipe is almost twice as fast and a range is half cross the map.
The one and only reason she aint getting played every match is because she has no 4x Emps to insta kill other ghosts. That leaves ghost as the one option to softcounter nova with emps.

With her fast movenment and 2x emp damage, she can just put any ghost/ nix/ HT/ Colos on the map in the trashcan without much effort.
This will most certainly remove any hero play from the game.
If this patch goes live, nova will be utterly broken
i URGE you to not increase the EMP damage!!!!

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2019, 00:37 

nah mate nova is weak i am sorry you are confused, she does need a buff

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2019, 11:02 
Newcomer
Newcomer

She kinda hits like truck theese days only thing she has trouble with is immortal DA.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2019, 11:31 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My personal opinion is that the target of the next patch is to equlibrate the power between 2 ghosts an 1nova. 2ghosts is at base 400+500+200= 1100 mineral investment vs 2900 for Nova. So it is kind of normal nova emp does at least the same amount of damage than 2 ghosts.
But i think Nova stay more designed to kill units with lash btw, and as lash cost 125 ( half of the energy), it seems difficult to make several emp +lash, so in many situations you will have to choose.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 05:26 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Buut u should not really compare 2 ghost to a nova . Seeing hooow 1 is for killing ultimates. and other for killing small gameee. 1 uses emps other one snipes.... Lash is fetal one from the nova.

Example : You dont make a nova to kill a HT > IT Can kill it ofc just seem like overkill
Example : 2 ghost should not kill a ultimate

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 09:19 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kontz wrote: Buut u should not really compare 2 ghost to a nova . Seeing hooow 1 is for killing ultimates. and other for killing small gameee. 1 uses emps other one snipes.... Lash is fetal one from the nova.

Example : You dont make a nova to kill a HT > IT Can kill it ofc just seem like overkill
Example : 2 ghost should not kill a ultimate
All you say here seems to go mostly to the same way to what i said
Exemple1: yes you overkill, but you kill it ! only result matter. I already saw some people going nova for a mere HT, to have 100% chance killing it with lash; cause you know HT can be very hard to kill in some good hands! ;)
Exemple 2: yes you are right. THis is why lash is sensitively better than 2 ghosts snipe, which makes the difference of investment worthing.

2 Ghosts will be always a better choice from early game to middle game to counter light heroes due to a reduced overall price, just nova will be better in end game to counter also ultimates.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 13:58 
Newcomer
Newcomer

You remind me of trump

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 15:29 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kontz wrote: You remind me of trump
I promise : I dont have the sae haircut :lol: