It is currently 20 Mar 2019, 15:11

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tournament
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 16:39 
Tourney Host
Tourney Host

Battle.net ID: Fade#21167
Hey everyone!

My name is fade, Im a long time casual Player of MA have been inactive over some years but started to get the competitive feel for the game recently.

For the love of the Game I'd like to start a Tournament!
There might be more of those if it does work and maybe Raiden will agree to cooperate and there could be some kind of Reward for the winners. I think it was Crow who once stated that there might be temporary Champions and other people could challenge the title in future Tournaments which I think is a great Idea. I'll do on test host maybe this weekend and if it works well there might be small Price pools in the future.
If you have more Ideas for it feel free to post it in the comment section. The fun is definitely the main concern eventhough there should be strict rules and refs I want it to be a fun experience without toxicity and other stuff.
I will need some refs and maybe someone would like to stream it too!

If you are interested in participating leave a quick message in discord with you and your team partner or if you'd want to be a referee thats great too! My name is Fade#6158

Greetings , Fade :smile:

Post subject: Re: Tournament
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 16:54 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Im ready to donate around 200 euro, and i know one guy who has said he will donate 1000 pounds. And there are probably more that will donate to the prize pool so i think we can expect a substantial price

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 16:59 

thanks for taking it into your hands, i hope you know what you r getting urself into ;) :D

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 17:09 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
i suggest to maybe divide the prize money a bit for potential future tourneys. Think it would help with the salt management with both the money per game aspect and that there would be a second chance for the people who feel like they got "unlucky" which tends to happen in games of this genre

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 19:16 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Good about wanting to host a tournament Fade, let us discuss it first before making an announcement.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 19:21 
Tourney Host
Tourney Host

Battle.net ID: Fade#21167
Its just for testing purposes Raiden. I talked to enough people to know that there are some that do wanna play and not wait another year!

The Big Tournament is gonna take some time but please let me try to find out the perfect ruleset and stuff like that :)

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 19:23 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Tournament for testing purposes?
Lets discuss the details like "dates-ruleset & everything else" first, before making an announcement.

Thank you.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 16:24 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Reformed#21996
If Fade want to make a 'private' tourneyment, why shouldn't that be an option? If people can be gathered it should be fine. Fade sets up the tourney, he makes the rules, so on, so on. I don't see why everyone should have a voice in how each tourney should be. You join, you agree with the terms, you play. Nothing to lose really.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 22:27 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Also I'd recommend haveing a council of 3 people for the actual tourney that way if there is something requiring punishment then it won't be labeled bias. I'd recommend someone not playing and not in a major clan. Also you can just host the major tourney without the tourney badge if you wanted. The prize pool is far enough to make people come. But if raiden wants to add that in it would also be nice. I'd also recommend each place recieving rewards like 1st-money/badge/unit rename 2nd-money/unit rename 3rd money. I hosted a large marine arena league on US MA and was very successful do to me doing all the things I listed above. I had no complaints from anyone. And everyone tried hard even if they couldn't win because they wanted to get the best place possible. I can also give more tips if needed.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 22:38 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
As I have said before, Zealot Hockey and Direct Strike do tournaments on a regular basis. It's something that keeps the activity up and can attract new players too. As a community we have behaved awfully in the last two tournaments. I for one will very much encourage us to get along and make the tournament friendly, competitive and as fair as possible.