Marine Arena

It is currently 27 Jun 2019, 10:42

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 08:51 
Newcomer
Newcomer

short list of changes i think will add more spice to premades and pubs
the suggestions fokus mainly on ultility units (things that grant buffs or enable interesting gameplay)

1) Sentry
- guardian shield gives 20% ranged resistance OR 15% moving speed + 10% attack speed depending on the upgrade (-3 damage from ranged is removed! )
-> moving speed buff and res can be used in multiple ways and will create interesting styles

2) Infestor
- dark swarm ability with 30 sec cooldown and 20% ranged resistance
-> right now DS is more like a gimmik, a better DS will add ultility to infestor outside killing units with fungal

3) Hunter Killer
-starts with the same moving speed as marines or slightly faster 2.3 mby and 5.5 range (same as marauders/spectre)
-the total with upgrades stays the same
-> right now base HK actually is slower than marines, and therefore you have NO CHOICE but to buy speed upgrade

4) Hellbat
- HP regeneration buffed to 10/sec
- moving speed 2.4 -> 2.5
- damage reduced 75 -> 40
-> as a melee elite Hellbat naturally takes damage and will die at some point. on paper Hellbat is no bad unit, but it dies without support tower.

5) medivac
- droparea radius gets increased a little (or amount droped per second, whichever is limiting the drop right now)
- medivac health reduced 600 to 500
-> in the old times ppl used medivac load/unload burst damage micro as a viable option to farm.
unfotrunately due to the small unload radius the only thing medivac is used right now is for base drops.
this change aims to bring back medivac micro, instead of just being a base doom-drop-unit!!

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2019, 02:29 
Newcomer
Newcomer

This should get more attention

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2019, 08:05 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
Hi,

I like that you are contributing with ideas. In terms of the unit we don’t see at all on your list, HK is definitely the one that needs something the most.

We are seeing more ranges of heroes used since the patch but HK to Kerrigan or lurker is non existent.

HK
- worth giving them a start move speed buff and see if that helps

Lurker
- (they are also unbelievably slow. There is bug too whereby if you make one a 2nd one costs full price instead of half)

Kerrigan
- she seems weaker than the previous Kerrigan. Odin, for example, is getting used as the role of the Odin was to be a heavy, Tanky ultimate. What’s the role of Kerrigan? I think if we can agree what she is supposed to do balance adjustments can be made accordingly

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2019, 08:05 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: ExCaL#2981
Hi,

I like that you are contributing with ideas. In terms of the unit we don’t see at all on your list, HK is definitely the one that needs something the most.

We are seeing more ranges of heroes used since the patch but HK to Kerrigan or lurker is non existent.

HK

Lurker
- (they are also unbelievably slow. There is bug too whereby if you make one a 2nd one costs full price instead of half)

Kerrigan
- she seems weaker than the previous Kerrigan. Odin, for example, is getting used as the role of the Odin was to be a heavy, Tanky ultimate. What’s the role of Kerrigan? I think if we can agree what she is supposed to do balance adjustments can be made accordingly

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2019, 10:24 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Reformed#21996
I don't really know about Medi, I think they are good, and they are still micro heavy. For example when I play, I use Medi to dodge seekers, fungals, take towers and such. I still think it would be nice if the healing upgrade would heal units inside the medi.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2019, 10:53 
Newcomer
Newcomer

yes i think that instead of a healbeam let the healing upgrade heal units inside the medivac

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2019, 11:29 

yes what a fantastic new ideawhich certainly would not be completely broken :))

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2019, 14:44 
Newcomer
Newcomer

ExCaL wrote: Hi,

HK

Lurker

Kerrigan
I have to agree with this, I have tried everything I can think of to make Kerri work, but she just isn't worth the money, the HK is aweful and then you get them ultimate into Kerri and still bad. The meta is Odin/Nova/HT, and if you want to win you have to do that. The main problem with kerri imo is her health, it takes so long for it to reg, and her attack doesn't have splash so she can't do anything to air. If she was to be viable she needs more of a splash on her attack, and faster health reg, or an ability that regs her health, she is a Zerg after all.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2019, 20:36 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Crow i really dont get what you mean. Medivac healed units inside it for ages, and that was certainly not op. 2hp/sec is not a lot and it promotes micro instead of just letting the medivac stand around healing stuff

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum
Vero=best mod.
Vero4admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE