It is currently 25 Aug 2019, 02:45

All times are UTC

Post subject: Next Update 2.266
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2019, 10:35 
Game Developer
Game Developer

General:
In game Tooltips:

In-game tooltips have been re-worked and corrected for some units giving a more clear and detailed explanation about abilities.

Unit Passive Abilities:

Certain game mechanics that were not known from the player right away, (Like Infestor regenerating energy faster when burrowed, or High Templar receiving energy regen bonus from psionic storm damage) are now added to every unit in Passive ability tooltip form.

Heroes.

Infestor:
Increased Base Starting energy from 50 to 75.
Upon successful casting leech, target abilities will be disabled while infestor is draining energy. (Reasoning for this change is because many times players reported casting leech, but target was still able to use its abilities before the energy was fully drained).
Reduced Fungal Growth base range from 10 to 9.
Purchasing the “Increase Fungal Range” upgrade, now gives +1 range from +0.75
(Total Fungal cast range is 11, from 11.5 which was before)

High Templar:
Purchasing the “Increase Psionic Storm Range” upgrade, now gives +1 range from +0.75
(Total Psi Storm cast range is 11, from 10.5 which was before)
Increased energy leeched when “Psi Storm Damages Units” by 25%.
Increased “Feedback’s Ability” damage scale from +12.5 to +15 per Hero Attack Upgrade.

Ghost:
Added new ability “Scouting Drone”.
Ability can cloak any “Mercenary or Marine” unit for 60 seconds, to scout an area without putting ghost at risk.
Cost of ability is 25 energy, with a 15 seconds cooldown.

Elite Mercenaries.

Mothership:
Photon Overcharge cannot be casted on these units “Siege Tank" (While Siege Mode is Enabled) & “Banshee”

Raven:
Increased “Auto-Turret Base Health” from 250 to 300.
Reduced Health scale for “Auto-Turret” to 30 from 40, per mercenary health upgrade.

Mercenaries:

Roach Crawler Morph:
Burrowed Armor is now the same as “Ground Armor”.

Post subject: Re: Next Update 2.266
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2019, 10:40 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: Nvidia#2240
finally fungal range nerf

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2019, 11:11 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Stardeffend#2995
I don't know why the ghost got/needs the scouting drone ability, but I am excited to try it! It'll be intresting to see what it can do. I am thinking more about fake my ghost position with marines than to use it for scouting^^

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 08:49 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Stardeffend#2995
So as soon as the Infestor leeches the ghost the abilitys of the ghost will be disabled until the energy is drained? Did I get it right?
Because that's more of a big change and can allow the infestor to consistently leech the ghost. Yeah the EMP range is still slightly higher than the leech range but that's something everyone will miss a couple of times and the small time is often really important to EMP the infestor. Plus you always need to wait with the gh to have at least 180 (mostly 200+) energy to be able to use 2 EMPs, cloack and be able to move a bit. That needs a is always a big feels bad, because the infestor can do a lot of dmg with the at least 4-5 extra Fungles it gets (2-3 for the leech + at least 2 until the gh can come again and prob 1 or 2 more until its in position).
And I am not sure about the difference in leech and feedback range, if it is about the same you might consider to nerf it by a bit, because otherwise the fester can just get more and more energy from the high templer, with it not being able to feedback the infestor because of the disable.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 10:15 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
Looks like an overall solid patch, well done. My only concern i share with prime in that a festor will now be very consistent in leeching ghosts which might make it too anti ghost. Before the ghost would be able to throw an emp afterwards making it at least even which might be a better way to go.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 10:47 
Game Developer
Game Developer

IMoGsPrime wrote: So as soon as the Infestor leeches the ghost the abilitys of the ghost will be disabled until the energy is drained? Did I get it right?
Because that's more of a big change and can allow the infestor to consistently leech the ghost. Yeah the EMP range is still slightly higher than the leech range but that's something everyone will miss a couple of times and the small time is often really important to EMP the infestor. Plus you always need to wait with the gh to have at least 180 (mostly 200+) energy to be able to use 2 EMPs, cloack and be able to move a bit. That needs a is always a big feels bad, because the infestor can do a lot of dmg with the at least 4-5 extra Fungles it gets (2-3 for the leech + at least 2 until the gh can come again and prob 1 or 2 more until its in position).
And I am not sure about the difference in leech and feedback range, if it is about the same you might consider to nerf it by a bit, because otherwise the fester can just get more and more energy from the high templer, with it not being able to feedback the infestor because of the disable.

It all comes down to which player will execute faster and successful the ability on the target, so the skill of the player is also included on this.
Base EMP range can reach +1 range further than basic Leech or Feedback.
But if this concerns more players, we can skip it and have it as it is now.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2019, 16:16 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Onewaystyx
You know honestly my biggest gripe with the infestor and to a certain extent the ht is how destructive and unopposed it is with fungal/storm and the penalty after a certain point for losing an infestor or ht is negligent.

Sure if you feed your infestor 3 times in the first 10 minutes youre out but as ogs said your ghosts needs 150 energy for two emps 25 for cloak and another 15-20 for staying cloaked and that takes a time. You get your shot at the infestor, good players usually hold both towers and can see cloaked units so in reality its hard. Its even worth it to eat an emp for a leech. Get two free fungals off and then repeat the same story again.

You do this 3 or 4 times. Thats a decent number of fungals and a decent amount of farm at which point fungal is killing higher tier mercs, you get an obs, a medivac if you want and at that point losing an infestor isnt even a penalty. Sure you feed the 275 and pay 275 to remake it but one fungal and youre even again.

Ultimately what im trying to say is losing an infestor doesnt hurt as much as it should. Its not that much a risk and its always on the ghost player to make the plays and when you do youre clear for what? A minute? This in my opinion is the problem with the festor. Risk reward favors the infestor player and its on the ghost player or oracle player or whatever to find a convoluted way to deal with it. I think hero play should be penalized much more when heroes are lost. Perhaps increasing respawn times further or increasing resurrection cost for every consecutive revive.

Im by no means a top tier player so i would love to hear the thoughts of the best players on this.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 07:04 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 1881
I think that with each lvl festor should cost more to revive

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 11:55 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Battle.net ID: Nvidia#2240
not a bad idea kruger

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2019, 06:08 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Reformed#21996
The Ghost is supposed to counter heroes, therefore I don't think the infestor should be able to trade energy with the Ghost. The Ghost's EMP maybe has a bit extra range, but it also has some travel time. In my opinion, just keep it how it is.