Marine Arena

It is currently 23 Sep 2019, 02:41

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2019, 13:26 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Eyyo#21790
Goliaths and immortals should start with 6 range (and not gain range for their training ups). None of these mercs are doing too great. It would seem unfair that these mercs need 900 more invested in them than dessies, in order to become viable in a firefight. Those 900 minerals locked in the merc prohibits swapping mercs in the mid to early late game which i think is unjustified. I mean if u can get phantoms with 6 range for 800, why would immos have to pay 2000. This could help us get some more merc variety, cheers~

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2019, 15:10 

+1 having below 6 range makes them effectively useless, its nonsense

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2019, 17:20 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: 2536
+1 :)

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2019, 17:29 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Yes, this is something that will for sure make them better.

Not while ago in the beta group, I wanted to change the mercenary boost upgrades to have less effect on unit stats, and focus more into their abilities.
This can also reduce their cost from 300 (which is expensive) between 150-200 maximum, and will allow the players to invest more minerals into something else instead.

So the mercenary boost upgrades, will become something like "optional upgrades" that can boost the mercenary's ability.
For example Marauders will get bigger AoE for their consussive shells, stalkers a higher blink range, roaches a faster burrow and unburrow time, etc. etc.
Better balance can be achieved by removing from these upgrades any parts that affect the unit's performance greatly, such as giving faster attack speed or higher weapon range.
Because a player can say goliath sucks and are not good, but looking at the compound the player didn't bought a single boost upgrade, something that affect's their balance highly.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2019, 14:09 

I love that change raiden +1 but leave stalkers as they are. the lower cooldown on blink already fits this if they get higher blink range they will be insanely unbalanced.
(My fav merc is stalker but I am still against it because it will make them insanely broken.)
You can already blink in and snipe anything from heroes to elites and move around the map in an instant, dodge abilities and so on. with higher range on the blink its going to be crazy

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2019, 15:48 
Newcomer
Newcomer

+ Eyyo