Marine Arena

It is currently 07 Apr 2020, 23:05

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2020, 10:50 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Stardeffend#2995
Recently the Pdds got changed, so that Feedback and Leech can drain their energy as well as the EMP.
There are just a few reasons to get the lategame Ravens, protection against gh/Nova or Fungal/Storm. With the pdds able to get EMPed was alright, because as soon as you emped them you had to commit! It was an investment of 60 energy + 60 (emp the hero) + 125 (lash) + 25 (cloak), so 270 energy out of her 300. If there wasn't an opportunity to kill something after the emp on the pdds Nova has to go back and wait to regenerate the missing energy before she could go in again.

Now the Infestor and HT have the opportunity to feedback/Leech pdds, its way cheaper to do so and after that, unlike Nova, they are very likely to get some Value out of storm/Fungal. The infestor can even get an advantage (up to 200-25 = 175 energy) out of the pdds, that are supposed to counter him.

I prefer how it was before, and if emp should work like feedback and leech (every ability can drain the pdd energy or none, how raiden wants it, I disagree with that), even in that case I pref none of these abilities draining the pdd energy. The Nova emp on the pdd it was a rare case. In all the games I played there were just a few oppertunities to use it and be worth something, while I've already seen more leeches and feedbacks on the pdds than emps getting some value by that.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2020, 10:57 
Site Admin
Site Admin

about ppds i saw some player abusing it (like Underthings with 4 raven to protect her kerrigan).

But if an ability allows a unit to drain energy in any way, it should do it for any unit which have energy. mechanics must be universal, else make the ppd having no energy mechanic.
If HT/festor could not drain ppd energy it was more a bug imo.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2020, 14:17 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle.net ID: Stardeffend#2995
I see 2-4 pdds to protect ultimates from Nova as well, yeah, its incredible hard to kill an ultimate with this kind of protection with Nova.
The not being able to counter the Infestor/Queenfestor or High Templar/Archon effectivly with pdds, one of the two reasons you get Ravens is too strong. I don't care too much about the part - it feels too strong - I've seen more leeches/Feedbacks on them, since the change, then I emped and got value out of the pdd in the last year. I believe it should be changed, and if the change is remove their energy and give it something else, or make the spell resistance not depending on the energy, its not great but better than it is atm.
Maybe unable to be emped, leeched and feedback but able to get stunned?
And even if not able to get stunned it would be okay